New and Changed Gems in Path of Exile: Settlers of Kalguur

"
Stormblind wrote:
"
vergil231 wrote:
Determination getting a huge nerf. If you are reducing the bonus value by half then you should reduce the reservation % as well. New Determination does not justify the 50% reservation.

The 49% more armor is realistically even BETTER now. So I completely disagree here.

It makes the earlier game setup a bit worse, but makes later game massively better.

This is not correct. Once you look into PoB, you will see that's the case. The nerfs to Grace and Determination have seen me lose 35% of the total armour on my stacker build. Not to mention grace went from 30 mana cost, to 203 mana cost per click. So, it's massively worse, at all times.

I'm struggling to come up with new goals to keep me playing this game.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Jul 23, 2024, 9:07:36 PM
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"
ScottEvill wrote:
Spoiler
"
MLGonthorian wrote:
"Tornado Shot

Modified
New: Cost 13 Mana
Old: Cost 12 Mana"

Great, as if it didn't cost too much mana already before, now we made it cost even MORE mana

Vortex still remains ruined because you have to stop before you can cast it whereas before you can cast it while moving.

We still for some reason don't have onslaught support back in the game and they made sure to remove quality granting attack speed & cast speed from both Onslaught and Culling strike support. Instead, we got Momentum which no one uses.

Summary:
Removed move speed from rage, Hateforge now still unobtainable but way worse.

Determination ruined
Grace ruined
(Don't worry guys, the new armor bases you get in the core game are supposed to make up for this even though Standard players will still have to deal with the same gem changes)
stripped down?
Hatred ruined
Increased duration ruined

Removed totems but then also ruined banners in the way that you have to place them so banners are the new totems but actually provide less dps and are overall less useful. (No one will place down banners, we play this game to zoom)

Removed item quantity thus giving even more of a reason to play Standard instead of leagues. The change makes sense in terms of having an auction house but the auction house is not definitively in the game yet.

Removed perfectly fine Raider class. Yay, more movement speed and attack speed nerfs.

We still for some reason have transfigured gems in the game even though the Heist alt gems were better in every aspect.

We still can't enchant our gear like we used to before and still can't enchant jewels like we used to with Harvest.

Tainted Armorer Scraps for some reason got lowered from providing 29% to now 20% armor.

We for some reason still can't play the new content in Standard and have to play leagues to experience it. (Won't play leagues, not starting over, and don't have time to)

We still can't zoom out more and the game still doesn't support 32:9

Currency exchange is a great addition if it actually stays in the game otherwise the rest of the patch notes are nerf central as usual with minor compensations disguised as "buffs".

Determination ruined lol ruined

"Determination

Modified
New: You and nearby allies gain 1026 additional Armour
Old: You and nearby allies gain 2051 additional Armour"

That's a 49.98% reduction in armor from the aura. What does the word "ruined" mean to you?

stripped down?
Last edited by ScottEvill on Jul 23, 2024, 9:12:45 PM
I'm looking forward to the moment when I can read reviews about "buffs" on reddit
Добавьте это в ублок, чтобы сайт выглядел по человечески.
www.pathofexile.com##.signature
www.pathofexile.com##.clearfix.legacy.badges
www.pathofexile.com##.clearfix.badges
"
ScottEvill wrote:
"
ScottEvill wrote:
"
MLGonthorian wrote:

Determination ruined lol ruined

"Determination

Modified
New: You and nearby allies gain 1026 additional Armour
Old: You and nearby allies gain 2051 additional Armour"

That's a 49.98% reduction in armor from the aura. What does the word "ruined" mean to you?

stripped down?

Compare what you had before with these changes to what you have now and how much more difficult it is to obtain the same level of power as before for the average and even high-end player. For instance, a 49.98% reduction in what an aura provides you is a NET nerf given even the new armor bases you are given don't make up for it, so in reality, you actually get fewer defenses than before but the monster capabilities stay the same and these nerfs are being done in a way that most of the player base doesn't question it or look deeper into what these changes really mean.

If this were once in a while that would be one thing but you are getting these types of "balance" changes patch after patch. Do they ever ask the player base if they would like the game to be more difficult? No, because they assume they themselves would enjoy for the game to be slower and more difficult, and by extension, the entire playerbase must also think so. When in reality, people want to blast, zoom across maps fast and clear zones as quickly & efficiently as possible to maximize fun and profit. All of these changes just get in the way of that and make it more difficult to achieve the same levels of fun every league. That's why people stick with Standard in the first place. I'd rather examine a change for what it is than just blindly jump into whatever content is changed. The people playing this game do pay the devs salary at the end of the day so just assuming the players have no say in any of this is absurd.

Games like Runescape actually provide polls on what changes would get made in the game, here people are just told to put up with changes no matter how extreme they are. That doesn't sound like a healthy way to "balance" anything to me. Not saying it's easy to balance with this many variables either but you can see a general trend of excessively reducing both offensive and defensive capabilities over time.
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Standard>Leagues✨🌀🔰🔶🔷
🔷🔶🔰🌀✨Make trade like the Grand Exchange from RuneScape✨🌀🔰🔶🔷

Let us zoom out more. Bring back 32:9, Heist Alt Quality Gems, Gear Enchanting, Prophecy, Metamorph & Crucible. Stop removing content from the game. Stop nerfing everything. Stop making the game slow
How come all chaos skills got buff but not soulrend
How come all chaos skills got buff but not soulrend
Good stuff. Ignore these complainers, GGG. Having your defenses brought down to earth a little is a healthy and worthwhile change. We'll still facetank T17s and ubers even with them. Y'all crying might go play D4 aswell, see where polls and catering to couch slouches brought that game.
I'm just waiting Determination and Grace receive a reservation of mana of 35% to get the same level as Discipline, specially after this nerf.
Am I stupid, how's this work? "supported skills do not grant buffs or charges" wouldn't the warcry trigger and nothing happens, because it does not grant buffs?
"
"Tornado Shot

Modified
New: Cost 13 Mana
Old: Cost 12 Mana"

Great, as if it didn't cost too much mana already before, now we made it cost even MORE mana

Vortex still remains ruined because you have to stop before you can cast it whereas before you can cast it while moving.

We still for some reason don't have onslaught support back in the game and they made sure to remove quality granting attack speed & cast speed from both Onslaught and Culling strike support. Instead, we got Momentum which no one uses.

Summary:
Removed move speed from rage, Hateforge now still unobtainable but way worse.

Determination ruined
Grace ruined
(Don't worry guys, the new armor bases you get in the core game are supposed to make up for this even though Standard players will still have to deal with the same gem changes)
Hatred ruined
Increased duration ruined

Removed totems but then also ruined banners in the way that you have to place them so banners are the new totems but actually provide less dps and are overall less useful. (No one will place down banners, we play this game to zoom)

Removed item quantity thus giving even more of a reason to play Standard instead of leagues. The change makes sense in terms of having an auction house but the auction house is not definitively in the game yet.

Removed perfectly fine Raider class. Yay, more movement speed and attack speed nerfs.

We still for some reason have transfigured gems in the game even though the Heist alt gems were better in every aspect.

We still can't enchant our gear like we used to before and still can't enchant jewels like we used to with Harvest.

Tainted Armorer Scraps for some reason got lowered from providing 29% to now 20% armor.

We for some reason still can't play the new content in Standard and have to play leagues to experience it. (Won't play leagues, not starting over, and don't have time to)

We still can't zoom out more and the game still doesn't support 32:9

Currency exchange is a great addition if it actually stays in the game otherwise the rest of the patch notes are nerf central as usual with minor compensations disguised as "buffs".

Stop projecting your OWN opinion on others.
90% of players are happy that quant got removed,atleast this is what i see.
Fuck the heist alt quant gems.
Raider wasn't "fine".Not even close to "fine"
Determination ruined,Grace ruined. - armour will compensate and it will even out in later parts of the game(also you forgot hp buffs on items.)
It's you who play only for zoom.Most important thing in this game is journey through gearing out a character,not ZOOMING on full quant tornado shot like you want(YOU,not players.)I hate when people try to make their own opinion as opinion of "EVERYONE"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info