Known Issues & Common Technical Problems

Hey guys, let me start off by saying- Great game. This is the best game I have played in a very long time, and I imagine I will be playing this game for a very long time, but lately I'e been dealing with some weird issues.

My biggest and most obnoxious issue:
I can't play in parties anymore. Whenever I join a partied group to run maps, my framerate drops to, what seems like, less than 1fps (the graph spikes and shows between 2fps and 10 fps). Everybody will be attacking the mobs and my screen will freeze up, next thing I know, the game unfreezes and leaves me with the "Resurrect" screen. It's very difficult to progress to higher maps like this. It seems particularly bad when a discharger or trapper joins the group.
I understand that this is not likely a bug, but it's a big enough issue that people are creating map groups with "NO DISCHARGERS" in the title, and I feel like it restricts builds.

The second graphic issue is in areas like the starting zone, or in the sceptre of god. I find it very difficult to play when my framerates suddenly spike from 50fps down to 4fps because I've entered a rainy area. I've heard plenty of people say that it's the rain, but I'd imagine that if problem was so simple, you would have given us an option to turn off the rain by now. It would be really nice to give us an option to turn the excessive graphics down to a bare minimum. I love the game, but I can't afford to build a new computer to deal with two areas in the game.

Now, onto the more *buggy* issues.

There are points where I'll need to minimize my screen for a second, and the game will freeze. I can reopen the window, but there is no motion on the client at all. If I minimize the client then re-maximize it, i'll notice that it works for a split-second then freezes again. I can even type (without seeing it) while the game is frozen, minimize the screen then maximize it again, and see what I've typed. It's a weird bug, and it happens mainly when I minimize the client or alt-tab out.

The last issue that is particularly obnoxious in races, is that there are moments where I will accidentally resize the screen in the middle of battle and the game will freeze up for up to 15 seconds (leaving me dead). Sometimes it will just log me off (meaning I need to rerun the whole instance, or, if i'm doing a solo playthrough, i'll pray that I grabbed the most recent waypoint). I'm sure that there is a good reason for this, but it makes it very difficult to race without playing on fullscreen.

Anyway, i'm sure that these issues are small in the grand-scheme of things, but they really do hinder my play experience.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love an option to turn down party-graphics. I understand that it might not make sense, since you guys sell skill-skins and other players want to show it off, but when it makes the game not-playable, it only deters people from partying.

Thank you guys for making such a great game, maybe I'll be able to afford a better computer someday, but I just bought this one like 6 months ago :/

With much appreciation,
-Matthew Hunt.
why does path of exile not available in my region not i played it before i have lvl 68 duelist but now i cannot log in any more

why is it not available now plss help
Hi all, wonderful game, but i have some trouble
game always start in wrong resolution - in 1280x960
i must manually switch to full screen and after this back to fullscreen windowed mode again
in production_Config file all okay
[DISPLAY]
adapter_name=NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
antialias_mode=1
borderless_windowed_fullscreen=true
fullscreen=false
post_processing=true
resolution_height=1024
resolution_width=1280
screen_shake=true
shadow_type=hardware_7_samples
texture_filtering=2
texture_quality=0
vsync=true

but when i start the game i see this

I downloaded the game through the official website (this 1) but every time I tried to launch the game it just came up a black screen and I left it for over 1hr and nothing, I then uninstalled game deleted all files associated with it, then downloaded it again through Steam account and now is working think there must be a bug with launching game in official website
hi guys.i have lost all my chars.how is this possible?please someone help.
helpppppppppppppppppppppppppp.............
Hi folks,

after having a redo of my entire computer i am not able to login to my email account again, because my thunderbird settings are lost, and my wwritten down password seems not to be matching the usual one.

thinking of logging in here and changeing to a new email account wont work, because the change settings are sent to my old one, which I am still not able to log in.

As there is a rephrasing textmessage after "changeing" the computer, I am no longer able to play that game. I am completely lost.
"
Childa wrote:
Hi folks,

after having a redo of my entire computer i am not able to login to my email account again, because my thunderbird settings are lost, and my wwritten down password seems not to be matching the usual one.

thinking of logging in here and changeing to a new email account wont work, because the change settings are sent to my old one, which I am still not able to log in.

As there is a rephrasing textmessage after "changeing" the computer, I am no longer able to play that game. I am completely lost.

Please contact support@grindinggear.com with this issue and we will help you with manually changing the email address.
Hello,

Thanks for hearing me and GJ for your game.
I got this problem and i need your Help.
Im running W7 with Sp1 3GB ram, IntelCoreduo 2,40Gh 32bit, AMD radeon HD5450 latest drivers.
In Jan.17 my desktop pc updates,download and installs the latest updates for windows and after the updates the file pathofexile.exe from the file directory disappears !
The file was in my C:programmfile\grindingGear\pathofexile\ nad now gone.
I also restore my system in a previous Restore Point with WindowsRestore but the poe.exe doesn't come back. What to do? i need to uninstall the game and to download it again? why this happen? it will occur again with the next windows updates?
plz help
Hi all,

first of I really like this game! It reminds me of the Chaos Empire Mod od Diablo 2 which I really liked.

But everytime when I want to enter or when I have already entered the first area in act 2 (wetlands?) my screen becomes black (sometimes green) and my graphics card don't give any output anymore so that I have to reset my PC.
I already tried -gc 1 and 2, reinstalled the game and also tried the steam version but nothing helped.
Act 1 runs without any problem by the way.

My system:

Win 7 64bit
Intel i7 870
8 GB RAM
Geforce GTX 660Ti

Thank you!
Sorry, but I'm no native speaker :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info