Desecrate

"
kodr wrote:
I'm starting to think it's impossible to make a build around chaos damage with this skill.
Did anyone successfully make a build?

I specc into chaos damage + degen, but the damage is still ridiculously low.

And if I compare late game poison arrow vs desecrate:
level 19 poison arrow: 338 chaos/sec
level 19 desecrate: 232 chaos/sec

and it's easier to get +1 or +2 bow skill on a bow...
i know this is difficult to imagine but... how about using both skills? builds don't have to be focused on a single skill. most builds need utility or alternate methods of damage (such as single target vs AoE) or adding up effects (either alternating for EE or what i suggested by using two skills together for even more DoT).
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Mar 8, 2014, 1:55:53 PM
"
As of the recent patch, Desecrate almost exclusively spawns 3 Desecrated Bonestalkers in Nightmare for me. Occasionally, I get different mobs though (depending on the area), but always 3 of the same kind. Is that intended?

Haven't been to Merciless yet to see what happens there.
In Normal difficulty it still works as prior to the patch.

This seems to be the case for me, and it is really frustrating as I cant get the spectres I'd like to have... I can't seem to spawn but Desecrated Bonestalkers in cruel and merciless. Normal difficulty desecrate works fine.
"
kodr wrote:
I'm starting to think it's impossible to make a build around chaos damage with this skill.
Did anyone successfully make a build?

I specc into chaos damage + degen, but the damage is still ridiculously low.

And if I compare late game poison arrow vs desecrate:
level 19 poison arrow: 338 chaos/sec
level 19 desecrate: 232 chaos/sec

and it's easier to get +1 or +2 bow skill on a bow...

Together thats 570 chaos/sec since they are not mutually exclusive.

you could add vulnerability for 40% increased.

You could throw in puncture with lmp+flee for some added DoT

A totem with corpse explosion

spec into AOE...but nah...easier to complain and lobby for the faceroll button.
ho, does poison cloud from different source stack?
not really obvious if it works...
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
each separate source of DoT always stacks even if same damage type. burning does this in multiple ways. the only exception is, adder's touch (passive for a 2 second DoT from a dagger crit) is treated/counted as a poison arrow's DoT. this might change as this information was before the unique dagger about poisoning was in the game.
"
SiRnonymous wrote:
Well no replies so far proves that either no one cares about the intriguing build

OR

That no one has ever tried to CAST ON CRIT / Cast on KILL the skills both Detonate Dead & Desecrate.

It's fun I'm NOT kidding! Helps kill unique mobs like NO OTHER.

All this needs to be is a build now, but I'm guessing there's no one around that seems to like it or care about it enough.

I am currently working on a build (I've actually been working on this build for a while, but trying to find more information on desecrate) that involves a CoC barrage build using Corpse Explosion + Desecrate.

I've been using rain of arrows as a supplement while I get my 6L bow forged, where CoC Corpse Explosion is really strong (provided there's a corpse nearby)

Its a VERY interesting stratagy, however, no information is given regarding the corpses or their health, as corpse explosion (detonate dead) is mostly dependent on corpse total HP.
"
MwHighlander wrote:
"
SiRnonymous wrote:
Well no replies so far proves that either no one cares about the intriguing build

OR

That no one has ever tried to CAST ON CRIT / Cast on KILL the skills both Detonate Dead & Desecrate.

It's fun I'm NOT kidding! Helps kill unique mobs like NO OTHER.

All this needs to be is a build now, but I'm guessing there's no one around that seems to like it or care about it enough.

I am currently working on a build (I've actually been working on this build for a while, but trying to find more information on desecrate) that involves a CoC barrage build using Corpse Explosion + Desecrate.

I've been using rain of arrows as a supplement while I get my 6L bow forged, where CoC Corpse Explosion is really strong (provided there's a corpse nearby)

Its a VERY interesting stratagy, however, no information is given regarding the corpses or their health, as corpse explosion (detonate dead) is mostly dependent on corpse total HP.
DD's thread already said the corpse are same as the area they are made in. That is close enough info bto assume same hp give or take 10%.
Does Concentrated Effect/Cast on Melee Kill increase Desecrate's damage?
Last edited by Walyn on Mar 15, 2014, 2:21:47 PM
Would love to make a Desecrate dot build but the damage is super underwhelming. I have always been a fan of poison damage skills. Maybe GGG can look into trying to buff chaos damage.
Hi, could someone explain me how that skill works?

I'm level 19, placed gem, i use spell, poison cloud apperas but no corpses. What I have to do to rise corpses?

edit: oh damn. now I understand... :(
I tought that it makes some kind of minions. Not summoning dead bodies.
Last edited by fompt on Mar 16, 2014, 10:15:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info