GhazzyTV - THE Spectre Summoner [LOW & HIGH BUDGET VERSIONS]

do you guys use generosity?
Since there is nothing fire specific on the tree, if I wanted to run frost sentinels would it be better to run wrath so the spectres can shock?
Pardon the delayed answers, I'm racing & on top of this I have major ISP issues... -.-'

"
souljaboi25 wrote:
do minions apply ele equilibrium? am i screwing myself by using +fire minion damage abyss jewels?

I'd recommend you watch this video: Generic Summoner Mechanic Guide it will teach you everything you need to know about summoners in it's current state. (Note the pinned msg below the video about desecrate/spectres).

For short; The answer to your question is "no".

"
lehuukha wrote:
Awesome guide and build.

Tried both variations of the "meta" spectre builds.

Both are awesome! Cant wait to see what this does without the spell echo bug.

Cheers! Glad you like it bro :D

"
Rabidwalrus wrote:
Thanks for the reply Ghazzy!

I do my best!

"
lolyndasmu wrote:
how does spirit eater compare to misstress?

More dmg, worse clear speed. MoS gives you the offering as well which helps you get to that sweet spot with cast speed as well as movement for the sake of both safety as well as clear speed. I would never remove MoS on this build, ever.

"
Kirby1978 wrote:
Is it still the best option for endgame to get ES as much as possible ?
I´m lack a little bit in survivability .. running Tier 8 atm and getting oneshot so many times :(
4,7k life and lvl 86

Thinking about how good Necromativ Aegis rly is.. cause could give me more life.
Beside that.. thx for the build Ghazzy :)

Life sounds horribly low :S
Your helmet is VERY bad, you need to go for a rare one with resistances & life, the minions will take care of themselves with the Soul Weaver ascendancy node.
Make sure you get your resistances capped then focus on as much HP as possible.

"
First time playing spectres, the QoL changes fixed all my issues with the gem.

Just got my hands on a 6l vis mortis after only around ~350 fusings. Got to say that last link made a huge difference. I played both golementalist and golemancer to endgame in previous leagues and Solar Guards are much better. Even in their bugged state (no spell echo repeat) and with my previous 5-link I was clearing t13/t14 easily. lv 82 vagan lasted about 1 second vs gmp lol.

Clear speed is where they really shine, there's no competition from flame golems, who have 1 good spell and 2 garbo ones that make you want to strangle them when you see them cast it. Solar guards have only 2 spells, both of which are good and have better coverage than the 1 good spell fg's have and maybe even more damage, though I'll wait for the spell echo fixes to see how they measure up to 4-1-1 golementalist dps on end-game bosses, doesn't seem fair to do it now.

Although far from fragile, they can't possibly compete in durability with the immortal flame golementalist's immunity + 16%-20% regen per second. Even in uber lab trials I had to be mindful to ensure they did not die to traps, if you're efficient they will be fine though. I'm trash at lab and still only lost 1-2 spectres total while doing the 6 trials.

Elemental Reflect maps are... somewhat of a problem? Though I seldom lost any to reflect when I was running on a 5-link and just having them machine gun through pack after pack, they definitely got whittled down. It may be a different story now with their higher damage; I haven't tried an ele reflect map since upgrading. Running Purity of Fire over Anger seems like the easiest way to alleviate this issue, on paper. I may be missing an obvious solution here, though.

Aside from Atziri/Shaper, i intend to also pit them against HoGM, how they perform there is going to be the thesis statement of how they measure up to the flame "destroyer of grandmasters" golem. I expect lots of resummoning will be involved, as is the case even with golems, but I won't count that against them as long as they can handle everything aside from gubben easily.

All in all, really fun, unending hunger stacked giant machine gunning spectres spraying everything on screen and a lot of stuff off screen with fire damage is a 10/10 experience. Red map breaches and abyssal depths have proven no match for even the 5-linked variation. Wishing I had given Spectres a chance before the QoL changes because even with the annoying aspects, I probably would have liked it.

Nice read, thank you for sharing :D
Sounds like similar experiences I had when I first built the build :D

"
lolyndasmu wrote:
do you guys use generosity?

For anger, yes, it's a must or your EE will get screwed over!

"
RealChemist wrote:
Since there is nothing fire specific on the tree, if I wanted to run frost sentinels would it be better to run wrath so the spectres can shock?

Wrath grants added flat lightning dmg to ATTACKS, but for SPELLS it grants "increased lightning dmg" which they don't deal, so the answer is no :)

And fire specific/spell/elemental etc etc won't affect minions, only minion related stuffs affects minions. As posted higher up in this response post there's the "generic summoner mechanic" video, I'd recommend checking that out, it should be in the guide as well. Watch it and never worry about gearing your character wrong! :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
If I have room for golems, which one should I be using? I saw in your high budget build you used stone golem?
"
Ghazzy wrote:

oh right i forgot about EE

more about aura, why do you use clarity?
"
lolyndasmu wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Each aura gives bonuses from Commander of darkness. Even a level 1 clarity.
"
lolyndasmu wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

You can also trigger EE with shield charge if you have lightning/ cold damage on attacks, or with ball lightning or whatever spell is in CoH.
Second-class poe gamer
Why do you use Faster attacks in the zombie setup? Culling strike wouldnt be better?

Im using Severed in Sleep, because scourge is too expencive, any tips using this sword? Do we benefit from the poison?

Thanks
Thinking of using a hungry loop ring for animated guardian. Any idea what would be good links for it? And any items in particular (especially weapons)?

Thanks!
Last edited by ObeliskSeto on Dec 15, 2017, 4:12:13 PM
RE: Severed in Sleep

I'm sure the minion damage increases apply to both zombies and spectres.

I don't know if solar guards benefit from the "Minions have 60% chance to Poison Enemies on Hit" though.

Either way i use BrightBeak for mapping, the move speed is too OP i don't think i can use anything else :P

IGN: Kill_All_Sparrows
Last edited by Ajaxcandy on Dec 15, 2017, 4:09:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info