753 people have beta access

how many have activated their beta account?
There were ~100 testers online an hour ago, according to GGG's Twitter.
"
Coteaz wrote:

hard to stress test with 100 on...
So from 50k+ there are 750 with beta invite and only 100 which are playing.

btw: did you guys noticed that the beta invite timer is now 15 min for each pick?
Last edited by ArxFatalis on Aug 11, 2011, 10:07:15 PM
"
Coteaz wrote:

It makes me feel bad knowing that they have some pretty crappy hardware. I mean, a lot of D3 players are going to be switching over to PoE due to PoE being the spiritual successor while D3 is like a mini-WoW game. They are glad by only 100 people? They are in for some serious trouble in the future. Being a completely 100% F2P game, I wonder how much trouble they are going to be in when it comes to affording the big server hardware/equipment/etc.
"
wowtw wrote:
hard to stress test with 100 on...

The devs are increasing the player count slowly so as to not destroy the servers.

"
ArxFatalis wrote:
So from 50k+ there are 750 with beta invite and only 100 which are playing.

Some of the invited accounts are obviously inactive. GGG will probably put out more keys once they notice this.
"
nakieon wrote:
"
Coteaz wrote:

It makes me feel bad knowing that they have some pretty crappy hardware. I mean, a lot of D3 players are going to be switching over to PoE due to PoE being the spiritual successor while D3 is like a mini-WoW game. They are glad by only 100 people? They are in for some serious trouble in the future. Being a completely 100% F2P game, I wonder how much trouble they are going to be in when it comes to affording the big server hardware/equipment/etc.

No. Just no.
"
nakieon wrote:
"
Coteaz wrote:

they will make options to purchase stuff im sure, look at league of legends the same thing happened there, it was a f2p game, with purchaseable content, now it has thousands who play it, and there is alot of things u can buy, i see this game doing the same.
One step at a time
"
Tears wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:
"
Coteaz wrote:

they will make options to purchase stuff im sure, look at league of legends the same thing happened there, it was a f2p game, with purchaseable content, now it has thousands who play it, and there is alot of things u can buy, i see this game doing the same.

League got far because the devs are great and know the feeling of a company that sells power. They utterly refused to sell power, if GGG does the same as Riot Games, PoE will go far.
"
Abel wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:
"
Coteaz wrote:

No. Just no.

What an explanation! I stand corrected by your intellectual prowess.

"
Tears wrote:
"
nakieon wrote:
"
Coteaz wrote:

They already had a good infrastructure in place and was already able to service thousands of players. We're talking about a company who gets excited over 100 players - it worries me since it is such a small number. They should be going for 1000 before they are glad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info