753 people have beta access

Hey Chris I would be more than happy to make a donation in return for a beta key so that your infastructure fund grows to accommodate your future hardware/bandwidth needs. I'm sure there are many other people would would also be more than happy to donate as well.
"There won't be new keys on twitter for a while. Servers having problems with the massive influx of people checking them."

got this from twitter
"
Foqq wrote:
"There won't be new keys on twitter for a while. Servers having problems with the massive influx of people checking them."

got this from twitter

Damn!
I presume 753 people have activated their beta account. You have to activate the account to gain access, so it stands to reason... ahem.

There were over 100 concurrent players earlier playing on their one server. That is not saying only 100 out of the 753 have played the actual game, just how many players were online at the exact same time. Can we stop the More Keys propaganda?
#Chris: dont quote me on that
Last edited by Chainer on Aug 11, 2011, 10:23:38 PM
"
Chainer wrote:
I presume 753 people have activated their beta account. You have to activate the account to gain access, so it stands to reason... ahem.

There were over 100 concurrent players earlier playing on their one server. That is not saying only 100 out of the 753 have played the actual game, just how many players were online at the exact same time.

But it is still a low number... disturbingly low to be important enough to make a note that basically says:

"Woot! We are able to handle 100 players! I sure hope we can get a lot more higher without too much unstability!"

It's just worrying, I play a game called Mortal Online, and... ahem, the developers there have had problems in the past with server stability, and it's like experiencing history all over again with this game if that twitter update was actually serious.
well, I suppose for a small indie dev, a 100 is a good round number.

That being said, I'm sure Minecraft didnt have 10192822 people on day 1 either
Well, I asked the question on Twitter if the concern for throttling down the timer was that 753 (or some large percentage of the 753 and counting) logged in all at once or what. We'll see if there's a response.
Give it time. They will get there.
Last edited by freakky on Aug 18, 2011, 1:57:44 AM
"
nakieon wrote:
"
Chainer wrote:

There were over 100 concurrent players earlier playing on their one server. That is not saying only 100 out of the 753 have played the actual game, just how many players were online at the exact same time.

But it is still a low number... disturbingly low to be important enough to make a note that basically says:

"Woot! We are able to handle 100 players! I sure hope we can get a lot more higher without too much unstability!"

It's just worrying, I play a game called Mortal Online, and... ahem, the developers there have had problems in the past with server stability, and it's like experiencing history all over again with this game if that twitter update was actually serious.

Your concerns holds merit, I will not deny that. I personally haven't noticed any server instability such as fluctuating latency and the like and Chris is a bit silly so I'm not sure if his twitter post was genuine or not but what he's trying to convey is "so far, so good."

Good luck!
#Chris: dont quote me on that
The client currently shares server space with the website. So when you noobs stop coming here for a beta key or to insult GGG it will free up more space for us testers.
RIP Bolto

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info