[3.4] LL Classic Summoner - Shaper/Elder/Guardian Farmer

with 45% MORE dmg to zombies, maybe they could be worth to invest more into then spectres
For midnight bargain, would using a "Minions deal 12% increased damage" with the ele weak implicit be better than a high rolled (current one is 28% increased damage) midnight bargain?
"
OutofBullets wrote:
Hey ,
I'm about to re roll my witch to your build (have a 30ex budget atm hope i get endgame ready with it ).
Being following this thread for a few days now and have a question that still has me wondering .
So as a necromancer newbie :-P .... The Cannibal Fire-Eaters or any other spectres you showed very good in video but was wondering lets say i'm making this a uber atziri/shaper farmer :
So i'm going to shore to get 1 then i need to go Pit of the Chimera/hydra/Minotaur map everytime to get them tier 16 level ?
Seems expensive if i need to go every time to those map for just the spectres for lets say start Uber atziri farm ?.
Or is it possible with lower tier spectre just so i'm sure Xd.
Thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english :-p .

you have to resummon them from high lvl map every time you want to use them (unfortunately). however for example the alluring abyss is a lvl 80 zone, spectres get downscaled to the lvl of the current zone, so there is no difference between t13 and t16 spectres while in lvl 80 zone.
Spoiler
they scale up again when u enter a higher lvl zone.

i never had to buy any t16 map, if you want to farm guardians u probably already have a t16 map laying around (if not you made a mistake in your planing :P ) and if you want to farm other bosses like atziri you can use lower lvl spectres since they get scaled down to the zone lvl anyway. it is annoying that one has to resummon them but this method makes it reliable and has never caused any additional cost (at least for me).

oh and 30ex is more than enough (at least in softcore temporary league), i usually spend about 8ex before i start farming shaper (7ex of those are for shav´s)
Last edited by xxWolf on Apr 29, 2017, 11:04:57 PM
"
cocasda wrote:
I leveling like a classic summoner? with spectres, zombien and all?
Or do I need to change a summoner on a certain level?

i recommend lvling using srs. get yourself a reverberation rod and link srs - minion damage - melee physical damage - melee splash in it, it will carry you all the way to maps. (switch melee splash for multistrike for single target)

zombies are okayish once you got some minion regeneration, before that they are not worth summoning imo. spectres are weak until you can get them on a high lvl, i usually do not use them before i reach the eternal laboratory in merciless and got the soul weaver ascendancy node.
"
Nyurael wrote:
with 45% MORE dmg to zombies, maybe they could be worth to invest more into then spectres

i will definitely try that out, but i doubt they will be superior to spectres. they do not have range which makes them clearing way slower than for example flame sentinels and even more damage does not fix their wonky AI. additionally one of the main reasons to use zombies was that they could abuse poison mechanics, but once double dipping is removed they will loose A LOT of damage, probably even more than that 45% buff would give them.
"
Skiller41 wrote:
For midnight bargain, would using a "Minions deal 12% increased damage" with the ele weak implicit be better than a high rolled (current one is 28% increased damage) midnight bargain?

ele weakness midnight bargain is definitely better, ele weakness essentially acts as a more multiplier.
Hi,do you think you can use slashed miscreations for general map clear as well as single-target?
"
xxWolf wrote:
"
OutofBullets wrote:
Hey ,
I'm about to re roll my witch to your build (have a 30ex budget atm hope i get endgame ready with it ).
Being following this thread for a few days now and have a question that still has me wondering .
So as a necromancer newbie :-P .... The Cannibal Fire-Eaters or any other spectres you showed very good in video but was wondering lets say i'm making this a uber atziri/shaper farmer :
So i'm going to shore to get 1 then i need to go Pit of the Chimera/hydra/Minotaur map everytime to get them tier 16 level ?
Seems expensive if i need to go every time to those map for just the spectres for lets say start Uber atziri farm ?.
Or is it possible with lower tier spectre just so i'm sure Xd.
Thanks for the help and sorry for my bad english :-p .

you have to resummon them from high lvl map every time you want to use them (unfortunately). however for example the alluring abyss is a lvl 80 zone, spectres get downscaled to the lvl of the current zone, so there is no difference between t13 and t16 spectres while in lvl 80 zone.
Spoiler
they scale up again when u enter a higher lvl zone.

i never had to buy any t16 map, if you want to farm guardians u probably already have a t16 map laying around (if not you made a mistake in your planing :P ) and if you want to farm other bosses like atziri you can use lower lvl spectres since they get scaled down to the zone lvl anyway. it is annoying that one has to resummon them but this method makes it reliable and has never caused any additional cost (at least for me).

oh and 30ex is more than enough (at least in softcore temporary league), i usually spend about 8ex before i start farming shaper (7ex of those are for shav´s)

Ah this is what i like : Everything got answered :-).
Nice yeah , didn't know that about the scaling .
Will start with 15 then and see what i can then upgrade and try to get gem raise spectre/ zombie lv 21. Thanks very much hopefully i can post some Shaper screenshots in a few day's when i'm done buying/ starting the build ,because not sure if i want to make new wizzy(saw the leveling tips above) to get the feeling for necromancer or just a re roll .
Last edited by OutofBullets on Apr 30, 2017, 5:28:36 AM
"
Jaetriel wrote:
Hi,do you think you can use slashed miscreations for general map clear as well as single-target?

For an all-around spectre, Flame Sentinel is better than anything else. They clear map very well from afar and kill bosses decently fast.

Slashed Miscreation can kill boss as fast as the Sentinel, but still slower compared to Fire Eater. Using them also forces you to either charge into mobs or standing still and cast Wither, which I personally dislike. For general map clear, they are nowhere as good as Sentinels.

Last edited by Taxi_Driver on May 1, 2017, 6:52:17 AM
"
Taxi_Driver wrote:
"
Jaetriel wrote:

For an all-around spectre, Flame Sentinel is better than anything else. They clear map very well from afar and kill bosses decently fast.

Slashed Miscreation can kill boss as fast as the Sentinel, but still slower compared to Fire Eater. Using them also forces you to either charge into mobs or standing still and cast Wither, which I personally dislike. For general map clear, they are nowhere as good as Sentinels.

agreed for the most part, however if you scale slashed miscreations with poison (via united in dream) and link them with added chaos, void manipulation, etc their single target damage goes through the roof (like with everything you can scale with poison/ignite). they probably do even more single target than fire eaters, but that is a completely different gear and gem setup, you would need different auras, different socket colours, maybe even a different passive tree (have not done the aura calculation). problem is in my eyes that thier clearspeed is very bad and your setup is now suboptimal for flame sentinels. you can do that, but keep in mind you will not be able to switch to clearspeed setup with just 2 gemswaps (and spectre swap) and double dipping will be fixed next patch.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info