[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

First of all let me just say, thank you for putting together this amazing guide. I've been having an awesome time leveling up my first character ever as a golemancer, took a while to get started because I haven't played before, but since it really got rolling (after getting the jewels) it has been a pretty spectacular experience.

I've been playing around with path of building recently and some of the numbers are confusing the hell out of me. The build I've been using (recommended):

seems to cap out at around 80k dps, it goes up a bit with empower 4.

However, there is another build which switches out the spell echo, controlled destruction and gmp and the numbers seem massively inflated, almost 2x the dps:

Now I get that you would be losing GMP so the aoe dps would drop by a lot, but would it be worth carrying at least 2 of the 3 gems and swapping them out before a boss?
"
"
Getting ready for my next 400-500c upgrade. Which one should I do?

6 Link Infernal Mantle (using 5 link atm)
SotL
or Presence of Chayula?

Hey!

You can try to get
- Presence of Chayula for about 400 c
- Skin of the Loyal (3r1g2b) for about 150c

This goes bit over the budged, but you would get huge defense and offence boost. Skin is sellable later for roughly same price if you want to upgrade to 6 link mantle.

Don't I need a 2R1G3B? That one is like another 400-500C so wouldnt be doable for the right colors. If I go the 3 red instead of 3 blue which gems do I use instead? I assume since it's 6L over 5L I still gain a DPS boost.

EDIT: Just bought one for 120C. I capped my chaos res and put a fire pen in the 3rd red socket.
I sell Mathil feet pics
Last edited by CopyWritten on Sep 2, 2017, 12:37:19 PM
This build looks very fun but it's incredible expensive

Currently saving up for my necro tho)
How hc league viable this build is or can be?
"

I'd say even with optimal equipment, I wouldn't play this build in HC simply because while your golems are extremely tanky and strong, you are not.

So the top end bosses (minotaur, chimera, phoenix, shaper etc.) will usually kill you unless you dodge everything really well, and while there is room for error, there is very little of it, so a few small mistakes in a row or one huge one will be your end.

One of the big strengths of this build is the fact that your golems persist after death and will finish the job for you.
"
@mika2salo

I love this guide and I enjoy working things out but one thing I need help with is what to prioritize in the passive tree with my skill points and what to leave to later in the levels as they are not such a priority.

Thanks

NOTE: I only want to know the priority for this skill tree. not any other variations please

Hey and thanks for support ^^

You can check my "Leveling Guide -> Skill Tree" for priority of skill-points. It's basically :

1. Take minion nodes
2. Take ES and HP
3. Take aura and utility nodes
4. Take jewel sockets.

"
First of all let me just say, thank you for putting together this amazing guide. I've been having an awesome time leveling up my first character ever as a golemancer, took a while to get started because I haven't played before, but since it really got rolling (after getting the jewels) it has been a pretty spectacular experience.

I've been playing around with path of building recently and some of the numbers are confusing the hell out of me. The build I've been using (recommended):

However, there is another build which switches out the spell echo, controlled destruction and gmp and the numbers seem massively inflated, almost 2x the dps:

Now I get that you would be losing GMP so the aoe dps would drop by a lot, but would it be worth carrying at least 2 of the 3 gems and swapping them out before a boss?

Hi!

You don't have charges on minion or Elemental Equlibrium on. You can find them in settings. Each my Golems deals 89k DPS, so total damage is near 400k.

I will add Pob link later to guide as the minion charges and EE are pretty hard to find.

I have absolutely no idea why your next screenshot has cast while channeling linked to Golems. They don't channel and conc effect is heavily nerfed, so its not recommended.

You can carry Slower Projectiles of Enhance for boss fights if you want to boost Golems DPS or tankiness.

"
Don't I need a 2R1G3B? That one is like another 400-500C so wouldnt be doable for the right colors. If I go the 3 red instead of 3 blue which gems do I use instead? I assume since it's 6L over 5L I still gain a DPS boost.

EDIT: Just bought one for 120C. I capped my chaos res and put a fire pen in the 3rd red socket.

Hey :)

Skin and Chayula should take you long way into endgame ;)

"
This build looks very fun but it's incredible expensive

Currently saving up for my necro tho)

Hi!

You can start with Specters and level up with very cheap gear if you feel the starting cost is too high. Specters can carry you to t13-14 maps. If you can save up for Anima Stone and 6 link Skin of loyal, you can run most maps without too much trouble.

"

"
I'd say even with optimal equipment, I wouldn't play this build in HC simply because while your golems are extremely tanky and strong, you are not.

So the top end bosses (minotaur, chimera, phoenix, shaper etc.) will usually kill you unless you dodge everything really well, and while there is room for error, there is very little of it, so a few small mistakes in a row or one huge one will be your end.

One of the big strengths of this build is the fact that your golems persist after death and will finish the job for you.

Hello :)

Well said, the build is very strong and safe but not tanky. Few mistakes can cost your life with Guardians. It can be good for farming T11-T12 maps as Temp Chains and Golems make dying very hard on that tier when you reach 8k EHP, but I can't really recommend this build for HC if you like to aim for endgame.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 2, 2017, 4:33:09 PM
Just to be sure, if I run a 3R1G2B for the third red I run fire pen?

Thanks
I sell Mathil feet pics
"
CopyWritten wrote:
Just to be sure, if I run a 3R1G2B for the third red I run fire pen?

Thanks

Yep, 3rd is Fire Pene :)

Golem -> Echo -> Minion Damage -> Gmp -> Empower -> Fire Pene
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 2, 2017, 5:00:19 PM
Hi man, nice build, one question.
It can be work with a +1 socketed gem tabula?
"
Razorfiend wrote:

I'd just like to point out that "Cast while channelling" Does nothing as there is no skill linked to the golem. you'd be better off using fire pen on Single target elite/bosses. but you can kill bosses just fine with GMP equipped.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info