[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Some more progress updates from a first-timer:

Running around at lvl87, golems lvl25, SotL (not +1) with 2 greens, got Presence, 8.5k EHP. Using Scorching Ray offering.

Did the the hall of GM today, sai worked like a charm, died twice to a very tough archer one-shotting golems from afar, otherwise quite safe and unthrilling run if you follow the instructions. Whole setup cost me like 40c, no need to get the very best gems for sai.

Did the Pale Court - deathless and very safe overall, no stress at all, no preparation necessary.

Did the Esh breachlord, deathless, minimal stress. Try to stay close to the breach's expanding border, no need to stay behind and kill every monster, use flasks to run through mobs. Once you reach the boss portal the timer stops and you are free to use all your attempts if necessary. Wonder if Chayula's doable :P

Did 3 of the 4 guardians (Minotaur left for dessert). Phoenix was the worst - took 5 deaths to down him, he was able to kill my golems. Probably bad map mods (Temp chains, increased boss AoE, decreased curse efficiency and player aoe). Thinking Shaper's a bit early, but possibly doable.

Thinking on what I can/should do next: Temple or Uber Atziri seem early, GM doesn't seem rewarding, Guardians too tough yet to grind. Probably will do Beachheads as they are quite rewarding both in exp and valuables. Any other possibilities?

Next upgrade will probably be Empower 4, further upgrades are getting costly and their rewards quite modest. Need some more levels too.

Main question: what does it take to kill Chayula reliably? Seeing that the gap between the Breachstone cost and Blessing cost is almost 200c, which is hell of a lot for a guaranteed drop each run - why is that?
Is it impossible to gring reliably and no matter what build/gear you got each run is just risky and luck-based?
Or is it just only the very few top players can actually down Chayula?

It's not really wise to test myself, given the costs involved.

hmm also i follow this build but often im dead in a sec
Getting ready for my next 400-500c upgrade. Which one should I do?

6 Link Infernal Mantle (using 5 link atm)
SotL
or Presence of Chayula?
I sell Mathil feet pics
Last edited by CopyWritten on Sep 1, 2017, 5:35:02 PM
If anyone has a SotL +2 gems 3B2R1G I offer 150 ex. Message me IG: TyrionTheImp
can i get suggestions on upgrades please, my golems can live foreever but dont seem to kill bosses quick

"
Wishy22 wrote:
Golems in lvl 70? I'm 64 now and I was asking because I'm following the leveling skill tree you provided and so far I haven't really put many points into jewels sockets, which means even if I buy an Anima stone and that kind of things I wouldn't be able to run them. That's what I don't get. :p

I see that in your final skill tree build you have 7 jewel sockets. So I should run 1 Anima, 1 Primordial Might and 5 Harmonies? Asking because you listed 10 jewels but only have 7 sockets. Or is it better to run Anima, Might, x2 Harmony and then 3 rares?

Hey :)

Leveling guide is done assuming that you start with almost no currency for example in the new league. If you got enough currency, you can skip lots of leveling phases. If you can get Anima Stone and are close to level 70 you can re-spec some nodes and take enough jewel socket, or just take it slowly and continue with Specters.

Final tree actually runs 10x Jewels.
- 2x Rare with minion res
- 1x Anima
- 1x Might
- 5-6x Harmonies
- 0-1x Utility rare with Minion damage, ES / HP / resistances

"
Some more progress updates from a first-timer:

Running around at lvl87, golems lvl25, SotL (not +1) with 2 greens, got Presence, 8.5k EHP. Using Scorching Ray offering.

Did the the hall of GM today, sai worked like a charm, died twice to a very tough archer one-shotting golems from afar, otherwise quite safe and unthrilling run if you follow the instructions. Whole setup cost me like 40c, no need to get the very best gems for sai.

Did the Pale Court - deathless and very safe overall, no stress at all, no preparation necessary.

Did the Esh breachlord, deathless, minimal stress. Try to stay close to the breach's expanding border, no need to stay behind and kill every monster, use flasks to run through mobs. Once you reach the boss portal the timer stops and you are free to use all your attempts if necessary. Wonder if Chayula's doable :P

Did 3 of the 4 guardians (Minotaur left for dessert). Phoenix was the worst - took 5 deaths to down him, he was able to kill my golems. Probably bad map mods (Temp chains, increased boss AoE, decreased curse efficiency and player aoe). Thinking Shaper's a bit early, but possibly doable.

Thinking on what I can/should do next: Temple or Uber Atziri seem early, GM doesn't seem rewarding, Guardians too tough yet to grind. Probably will do Beachheads as they are quite rewarding both in exp and valuables. Any other possibilities?

Next upgrade will probably be Empower 4, further upgrades are getting costly and their rewards quite modest. Need some more levels too.

Main question: what does it take to kill Chayula reliably? Seeing that the gap between the Breachstone cost and Blessing cost is almost 200c, which is hell of a lot for a guaranteed drop each run - why is that?
Is it impossible to gring reliably and no matter what build/gear you got each run is just risky and luck-based?
Or is it just only the very few top players can actually down Chayula?

It's not really wise to test myself, given the costs involved.

Hi!

GM is worth to run as carry service when you can do its with few portals. For farming GM, you either hate or love it. Its brutally hard, slow and drops are usually good but not amazing. But really gives adrenaline rush and each finish feels great if you try to do deathless ;)

Good to hear how unique maps are going, I'm collecting breach pieces slowly to do boss run videos.

Check boss tactics for how to dodge Minotaur 1hit kill move. Either than that its pretty easy. You had some terrible mods for Phoenix.

For Temple you need to stack as much level, minion life and regen on Golems as possible. The chaos Degen there is unbelievable strong, but Golems with super high HP and regen can regen faster.

I have not done Chayula yet myself as I don't have access to it but from the videos I think main reason is that Chayula is pretty hard boss. He deals tons of Chaos damage and has sprays bullets everywhere.

I'd say best way to beat boss is to move relatively far from the boss so that you can kite the bullets. TC must hit boss to slow him down a bit and it will keep enemy minions at bay.

Try to max chaos res as high as you can. Best is to use Necromancer with "Beacon of Corruption", wear "Presence of Chayula", take whole "Purity of Flesh" cluster and run high chaos res Vertex to go near 75% chaos res.

If all fails, try to stack Golems life with "Minion life support", "Enhance" and "The Oak" to keep Golems alive in all that chaos damage.

"
hmm also i follow this build but often im dead in a sec

Hello :)

You profile is private and I cant see any of your gear / links. General advice is to stack Life and ES, try to raise Temp Chains and move all the time to avoid damage spikes.

"
Getting ready for my next 400-500c upgrade. Which one should I do?

6 Link Infernal Mantle (using 5 link atm)
SotL
or Presence of Chayula?

Hey!

You can try to get
- Presence of Chayula for about 400 c
- Skin of the Loyal (3r1g2b) for about 150c

This goes bit over the budged, but you would get huge defense and offence boost. Skin is sellable later for roughly same price if you want to upgrade to 6 link mantle.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 1, 2017, 8:12:29 PM
Great stuff!

One question, why isn't your helmet 4 linked but rather 3?

Hi, is this build still as good as in 2.6?

If compared to six big zombies, which build is better. I know the answer is kinda obvious for asking it in this thread, but can someone explain a little bit to me if they have an opinion? I have saved up currency for a lifetime, well maybe just a few weeks and I'm bored of wander and miner. Well both of those builds one shot entire screens even in T13, but I just want to play a more lazier style. Currency wise it should not be a problem, I have saved up to even buy United in Dreams for the zombie build. Just want know which build is actually stronger. Thanks.
"
Ethercloud wrote:
Great stuff!

One question, why isn't your helmet 4 linked but rather 3?

Hey!

If helmet would be 4-linked Enhance would also affect Disciplines quality and mana reservation. Quality in Discipline only affects auras range so its not very useful, and the extra cost would drop to low mana if used with "Infernal Mantle" which is very dangerous as there is 100% (25% new roll) increased spell damage taken when on low mana.

"

Hi, is this build still as good as in 2.6?

If compared to six big zombies, which build is better. I know the answer is kinda obvious for asking it in this thread, but can someone explain a little bit to me if they have an opinion? I have saved up currency for a lifetime, well maybe just a few weeks and I'm bored of wander and miner. Well both of those builds one shot entire screens even in T13, but I just want to play a more lazier style. Currency wise it should not be a problem, I have saved up to even buy United in Dreams for the zombie build. Just want know which build is actually stronger. Thanks.

Hey :)

I like making compare lists more than just saying what seems obvious so :

Flame Golems
+ More EHP (Life+ES) 8,5k
+ More damage and survival of minion in the end (Higher tier maps)
+ Easily re-castable summons (2x for 1 cast with echo)
+ Almost max level temp chains (hard to use with baron)
+ Projectile based minions so faster clearspeed
+ Animate Guardian for multiple debuffs on enemy

- More expensive
- No lifeleech for you
- Life flask is so-so

Zombies
+ Lifeleech
+ Zombies are fun
+ Much cheaper gear
+ Can use life flasks

- Zombies melt in endgame boss damage (Golems can get up to 25% regen vs zombies few % and lower hp)
- No projectiles (multistrike makes then hit dead enemies)
- Lower Ehp
- Lower Chaos res
- Lower curses

I think both are great at clearing t12-t14 maps. T15 Malachai starts to show first DOT than will melt the zombies pretty fast. From that on many bosses will have enough dot and spam damage to kill zombies in few seconds. Golems can stack massive amount of regen and life to tank most DOT in the game without problems.

If GGG really boosted Zombies life and regen in 3.0 I would be using zombies with AG for my build. However they just slapped more damage on zombies / Skeletons even when most summoners wanted them to be tankier and that's it.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Sep 2, 2017, 6:07:56 AM
@mika2salo

I love this guide and I enjoy working things out but one thing I need help with is what to prioritize in the passive tree with my skill points and what to leave to later in the levels as they are not such a priority.

Thanks

NOTE: I only want to know the priority for this skill tree. not any other variations please

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info