[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

Scepters is not cheap now. What about doryani's catalysts? 122 fire spells damage both, but only 10% cast speed? and small leech bonus. It's decent option? And could i in this case use concentrated effect instread of controlled destruction of global crit chance bonus from sceptres.

Life leech can be 1st level?
Last edited by Avieta on Sep 30, 2017, 1:54:39 PM
Why are you saying that "Xoph's Blood" gives 30% MORE damage? I see 10% penetrates + 20% increased damage taken. Why is it more?
"
Avieta wrote:
Scepters is not cheap now. What about doryani's catalysts? 122 fire spells damage both, but only 10% cast speed? and small leech bonus. It's decent option? And could i in this case use concentrated effect instread of controlled destruction of global crit chance bonus from sceptres.

Life leech can be 1st level?

doryani's catalyst is a very average weapon for this build.
you can and should replace controlled destruction with conc effect for tough bosses, but it has nothing to do with crit chance since this build uses the elemental overload notable.

-

yes, life leech can be left at level 1.
Last edited by DirtyDot on Sep 30, 2017, 11:32:06 PM
"
Darida wrote:
Why are you saying that "Xoph's Blood" gives 30% MORE damage? I see 10% penetrates + 20% increased damage taken. Why is it more?

damage *taken* is the operative word here. rather than increasing your damage, it increases the amount of damage that the monster takes, hence translating into the MORE multiplier.
Great Build. I played this on a few of my streams and the leveling is a lot of fun with the totems and hot damn can this build leech when you finally make the switch! Thanks for posting this beast.
some questions:

how about using staff + 3 curses?

cwdt - BL- coh - enfeeble - temp chain

cwdt - immortal call - two golems

leap slam - fast attack - vigilant strike - arctic armour

blam - warlord's mark - orb of storm - arcane surge

"
wxsjackwxs wrote:
some questions:

first of all, what are you trying to gain from the temp chains curse? make dodging easier? this build doesn't need to dodge anything except maybe shaper and friends but they have 80% curse resistance.

second, the staff version loses a good chunk of damage (around 20% from memory, can't be bothered to run the numbers in PoB again), cast speed, and you will also need to sacrifice a ring slot to support the third curse.

having said that, that variation will still work, just not as good, so personally i would not recommend it.
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
wxsjackwxs wrote:
some questions:

first of all, what are you trying to gain from the temp chains curse? make dodging easier? this build doesn't need to dodge anything except maybe shaper and friends but they have 80% curse resistance.

second, the staff version loses a good chunk of damage (around 20% from memory, can't be bothered to run the numbers in PoB again), cast speed, and you will also need to sacrifice a ring slot to support the third curse.

having said that, that variation will still work, just not as good, so personally i would not recommend it.

ty for reply.

I have test on POB and yes it will lose some dps.
but I have used efficacy instead of spell echo. which will produce much more dps in boss fight.

The reason i use tri-curse is that i played ice-storm and i want to try it with this build.
i will let u know how it performs. (now i am lv76 and i will try all contents with staff version when i level higher)

And i also want to try hybrid with Soul Tether but i dont know if it works.
cuz hybrid items is much more expensive.

do u have any advices?
I had 6L Pledge of Hands and a Kaom's Heart I wanted to use so I had to modify the skill build I little bit. Do you think it can also be viable?

I cut Ball Lightning, Lightning Golem and Immortal Call and put Molten Shell and Enfeeble both on CWDT.

Helm : Flame Dash, Warlord's Mark, Blasphemy, Arctic Armour

Staff: Firestorm, Elemental Focus, Life Leech, Controlled Destruction, Concentrated Effect, Fire penetration and Spell echo comes from the staff at lvl 30 gem.

Gloves: Orb of Storm, Inc. Critical support, Arcane Surge support, Flame Golem

Boots: CWDT, Enfeeble, Molten Shell, Vaal Lightning Trap

What would you have done ?
"
DirtyDot wrote:

doryani's catalyst is a very average weapon for this build.
you can and should replace controlled destruction with conc effect for tough bosses, but it has nothing to do with crit chance since this build uses the elemental overload notable.
yes, life leech can be left at level 1.

Thank you for your answers. I'm finnally switched on this build and it's so great. But i have a little little sound discomfort after switching. In farm time i'm very often hear three or two fast hissing sounds like "chi chi chi" with ambient echo. I can't imagine sourse of sounds. May be anyone understand my issue and what deals this sound.

And i start using all collected orbs on gear on poe.trade. Any advices on what gear to switch and what to have will be useful. I can't get decent sceptres and too like leap slam and with catalysts now. I have 1 with a great lucky roll. May be i should sell it for exalted orb and buy something? And i get very good armor on lucky connects)

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info