[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

"
wxsjackwxs wrote:
I have test on POB and yes it will lose some dps.
but I have used efficacy instead of spell echo. which will produce much more dps in boss fight.

note that you can only drop spell echo if you are using pledge of hands.

"
wxsjackwxs wrote:
The reason i use tri-curse is that i played ice-storm and i want to try it with this build.
i will let u know how it performs. (now i am lv76 and i will try all contents with staff version when i level higher)

And i also want to try hybrid with Soul Tether but i dont know if it works.
cuz hybrid items is much more expensive.

do u have any advices?

the soul tether belt is borderline useless because the ES leech is not instant anymore.
"
senojit wrote:
I had 6L Pledge of Hands and a Kaom's Heart I wanted to use so I had to modify the skill build I little bit. Do you think it can also be viable?

I cut Ball Lightning, Lightning Golem and Immortal Call and put Molten Shell and Enfeeble both on CWDT.

Helm : Flame Dash, Warlord's Mark, Blasphemy, Arctic Armour

Staff: Firestorm, Elemental Focus, Life Leech, Controlled Destruction, Concentrated Effect, Fire penetration and Spell echo comes from the staff at lvl 30 gem.

Gloves: Orb of Storm, Inc. Critical support, Arcane Surge support, Flame Golem

Boots: CWDT, Enfeeble, Molten Shell, Vaal Lightning Trap

What would you have done ?

i wouldn't drop the lightning golem, cast speed is important both damage and defense wise.

i'd drop molten shell and vaal trap, and keep light golem and vigilant strike.
"
Avieta wrote:
And i start using all collected orbs on gear on poe.trade. Any advices on what gear to switch and what to have will be useful. I can't get decent sceptres and too like leap slam and with catalysts now. I have 1 with a great lucky roll. May be i should sell it for exalted orb and buy something? And i get very good armor on lucky connects)

Thanks.

just follow the gear recommendations from the guide.
Loving the build. I am playing SSF and I haven't been able to get a 6 link yet. Any tips on my gear would be appreciated.

Should I be able to do Atziri? I tried once but got destroyed. I have never done the fight before so it may just be a l2p issue.

I am doing T8 mostly. Haven't tried T9 yet.

Masters are level 6/7. Gems are mostly level 19ish. Chest piece is not great as I went with the best 5-link I could find.
"
Haewk wrote:
Loving the build. I am playing SSF and I haven't been able to get a 6 link yet. Any tips on my gear would be appreciated.

Should I be able to do Atziri? I tried once but got destroyed. I have never done the fight before so it may just be a l2p issue.

I am doing T8 mostly. Haven't tried T9 yet.

Masters are level 6/7. Gems are mostly level 19ish. Chest piece is not great as I went with the best 5-link I could find.

Atziri should be doable but you do need to know the fight. Two most important tips: she reflects curses so you'll need to remove the enfeeble gem for the fight or you will be cursing yourself with it. During the split phase, the copy that holds a mirror has 100% reflect so avoid hitting her. Other than that you just need dps and some dodging skills.
I can't more bear sound of lightning golem. Is there alternative for him? Or only mute sound effects?
Trying to calculate actual DPS and can't figure out what I am doing wrong.

I take ALL my items off except white hemlet with nothing on it adn single slot for Fireshorm.

From the tree I have:

"
Increased Area Damage: 20%
Increased Fire Damage: 59%
Increased Elemental Damage: 56%

For my 18-level gem, tooltip says 135-203.
My gem 20% quality + 135% from tree is 155% and I expect the tooltip for skill be 344-518 when Pendulut buff is off. But it is 456-686. When the Pendulut buff is on, tooltip become 591-889 while my expectation is 479-721.
The most strange things is that with and without buss the difference between expectation and tooltip is constant -> 112-168, this mean it is not affected by "Increased Elemental Damage" 0_o.

I tried with level-1 and level-3 gems and see simular effect. For level-3 the difference is 9-14.

Horever if I link some gem with MORE damage (Elemental Focus Support), it do apply to this constant part. Since Elemental Focus Support remove ingite chance, this can't be because of it...

What I am missing? Where these additional damage (according to tooltip) comes from? Or is it a bug? Then should I trust tooltip or calculation?
Last edited by Darida on Oct 4, 2017, 3:29:53 AM
"
Darida wrote:
What I am missing? Where these additional damage (according to tooltip) comes from? Or is it a bug? Then should I trust tooltip or calculation?

i think you forgot to include spell damage modifiers into your calcs
I see in character screen you use that chains of gems now: Orb of Storms - Increased area of effect - Arcane Surge - Onslaught.
It's more effective than in guide chain?
Last edited by Avieta on Oct 6, 2017, 4:38:26 AM
"
Avieta wrote:
I see in character screen you use that chains of gems now: Orb of Storms - Increased area of effect - Arcane Surge - Onslaught.
It's more effective than in guide chain?

i used that combination to farm shaped racecourse maps for a bit of extra cast and run speed every now and again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info