[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

"
Btw: Cybil's Claw is a great leveling unique for this build. Spell Damage increases with block chance and also cast speed.

Yea, Cybil's Claw and Stone of Lazhwar are very cheap and great for leveling.

I expect Rathpit Glove and The Scourge to be very expensive in the beginning because everyone is playing Necro. Ofc there are sceptres better than the Scourge but these wont be cheap either.

Atm i am using Volatile Dead to kill the rest of the packs not covered by Firestorm. Its fun and great for clearing since Firestorm AOE isnt that big.

I was even thinking to replace Firestorm with Volatile Dead since the build is great for both skills. Unfortunatly VD is a green gem so you cant swap easily for testing.

Still Firestorm is more proven and safer for late game i guess.
Update.

So far it has been a pretty smooth experience, just like before. I have deviated from my original plan and put almost everything on CWDT since I'm lazy, works fine, at least in yellow maps.

Starving for maps, so the highest I got was T10, here is video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIDwl0Eu-x4

My gear:

Spoiler
Thanks for the little update. Do you plan to update the front page as well?

As it looks you just replaced the annoying Bone Offering casts with annoying Orb of Storms casts. Did you go for EE? If not, i would keep casting Bone Offerings since Arcane Surge needs a constant recast anyway.

Do you replace Chance to Ignite with Conc Effect on boss fights?
Its quite a damage loss and a smaller Firestorm works even better then.

Btw nice wand, i guess it beats The Scourge in dps.

"
Xirce wrote:
Thanks for the little update. Do you plan to update the front page as well?

the front page is good end game wise

"
Xirce wrote:
As it looks you just replaced the annoying Bone Offering casts with annoying Orb of Storms casts. Did you go for EE? If not, i would keep casting Bone Offerings since Arcane Surge needs a constant recast anyway.

OoS is better for dps as it guarantees 100% elemental overload uptime. I will switch to offering when things become hurtful, around T13 i guess.

Firestorm doesn't work with EE.

"
Xirce wrote:
Do you replace Chance to Ignite with Conc Effect on boss fights?
Its quite a damage loss and a smaller Firestorm works even better then.

I only ever switched to conc effect for shaper and guardians. regular map bosses melt fast enough regardless.

"
Xirce wrote:
Btw nice wand, i guess it beats The Scourge in dps.

only cost me 5c
I guess Tempest Shield with Crit support doesent help much on proccing EO.

My plan was to use Conc Effect all the time due to the damage increase but once you are used to the bigger AoE without it, i think i stick to Chance to Ignite as well.

Just killed the last boss in act 5 and damage on a 4 link Firestorm already was so high that some mechanics were skipped. Ive played 10 different builds last league and this was the fastest kill.

Looks like a solid build so far, be it dps or tankiness. :)

new video - The Enslaver guardian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DMn07MJK2I
This version of the build feels pretty damn tanky. The only time it can get dangerous is with too much DoT/Chaos damage, the rest is a piece of cake so far with 70/75 block (+2% with abyss jewel, often using one with Onslaught though since it feels great). I got some decent pieces of gear so far I guess. Weapon is still pretty bad but making currency right now to upgrade that and with it my damage. It feels pretty nice, Spell Cascade clears so fast (atleast for a firestorm build).

Gear:
Spoiler

The only thing I dont really understand yet is the "Soul of Arakaali" thing. I got the pantheon and captured the right boss to get the buff when Immortal Call procs, stops the DoT and I can see a 50% increase in the Energy Shield regen in my stats, the Life regen does not change though. Does it not affect the basic life regen?

Also, just a few minutes ago before logging off I got a not too bad damage amulet and i might try using it, gotta check resistances. I got a fire res amulet on purpose for easier potential exchanging later with Xoph's but the other one ads kind a bit of damage.
Spoiler

Thanks again for the 3.1 version of this build, Firestorm is just so relaxing to play and I am glad that you made it viable

EDIT: regarding the way you play it right now: Bone offering with CWDT and a high block chance seems like you lose a lot a potential damage and I'd be interested in the Tempest Shield crit chance. I use it the way you originally presented it (with +crit chance) and it doesnt crit THAT often already but in your video it looks like it's constantly refreshing
Last edited by LvL99KampfKeks on Dec 13, 2017, 5:31:19 PM
Looks like this build might be saved after all! I haven't re-built mine yet.
"
The only thing I dont really understand yet is the "Soul of Arakaali" thing. I got the pantheon and captured the right boss to get the buff when Immortal Call procs, stops the DoT and I can see a 50% increase in the Energy Shield regen in my stats, the Life regen does not change though. Does it not affect the basic life regen?

No, it doesn't affect the basic regen stats. Think of it this way: for a given moment the game calculates all sources of HP inflow that are affecting you: leech, regen, flasks etc; all this values are summed up and form a single value that represents your current HP recovery. The Arakaali 50% bonus gets applied to this final value, not to the individual stats.

"
Thanks again for the 3.1 version of this build, Firestorm is just so relaxing to play and I am glad that you made it viable

EDIT: regarding the way you play it right now: Bone offering with CWDT and a high block chance seems like you lose a lot a potential damage and I'd be interested in the Tempest Shield crit chance. I use it the way you originally presented it (with +crit chance) and it doesnt crit THAT often already but in your video it looks like it's constantly refreshing

Not sure what potential damage you are referring to. In my current setup I am only using tempest shield for the 3% extra block. I am using Orb of storms to maintain the Elemental Overload buff.
"
No, it doesn't affect the basic regen stats. Think of it this way: for a given moment the game calculates all sources of HP inflow that are affecting you: leech, regen, flasks etc; all this values are summed up and form a single value that represents your current HP recovery. The Arakaali 50% bonus gets applied to this final value, not to the individual stats.

Interesting. I got confused because the ES regeneration number changes accordingly.

"
Not sure what potential damage you are referring to. In my current setup I am only using tempest shield for the 3% extra block. I am using Orb of storms to maintain the Elemental Overload buff.

Oh sorry it was late last night and I totally missed your OoS/crit setup in the shield.
I might try just not using Tempest Shield and go OoS for Elemental Overload. with 70+ block and maybe even an abyss block jewel I dont know if 3% block is worth the gem slot.

The potential damage I was talking about is the Spirit Eater. It's a rather short buff and you need CWDT to proc for it to apply. I thought about going CWDT Bone Offering too but I feel like I can keep the buff (and also bone offering in general) up better when I do it manualy. Casting Bone Offering can be a bit annoying though and I have to rely on CWDT for Elemental Overload to get activated but that has a longer duration than Spirit Eater so I went that way. I guess it doesnt matter for low tier maps anyway.
I'll play around with it more for sure. Thanks for the reply

EDIT: Tempest Shield to trigger Ele. Overload is not good for single bosses I guess since there's no chaining, OoS is obviously great for that... I'll cast Bone Offering and OoS manually to test it I guess, only way to keep it all up 100% of the time. All I gotta do is sacrifice Chain so I can still have TS CWDT and OoS if I need it. I am not happy with it yet haha :D
Last edited by LvL99KampfKeks on Dec 14, 2017, 6:21:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info