[3.1] Firestorm Leech Tank

Got my first guardian map today. T16 Chimera - safe and easy kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKygIf88gZk
Thank you.

Great cheap shield btw...

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sentari%27s_Answer

I am still using Flame Dash and 2 Movement Flasks instead of Shield Charge. I not see a reason to use Shield Charge now since i hardly use Flame Dash.

Is it useful to use Vigilant Strike in a CwDT setup to get the Fortify buff at least on boss fights or are you too often out of melee range to have it up most of the time?

With a Virgil jewel it would last for 12 secs.
"
Xirce wrote:
I am still using Flame Dash and 2 Movement Flasks instead of Shield Charge. I not see a reason to use Shield Charge now since i hardly use Flame Dash.

Is it useful to use Vigilant Strike in a CwDT setup to get the Fortify buff at least on boss fights or are you too often out of melee range to have it up most of the time?

With a Virgil jewel it would last for 12 secs.

I am always in melee range and I always try to keep fortify up when doing hard stuff. 20% damage reduction from hits is huge.

level 20 vigilant strike linked to fortify gem lasts for 12 seconds without the vigil jewel so no need to waste a jewel slot.
Last edited by DirtyDot on Dec 27, 2017, 7:54:56 AM
Hy i've two questions what jewels to use and also about the sceptre can someone show me one that worth using?
"
bdaniel18 wrote:
Hy i've two questions what jewels to use and also about the sceptre can someone show me one that worth using?

on regular jewels you want life and either two damage mods or damage and cast speed.
on abyss jewels get life and damage (preferably fire) added to spells. i'm also using one abyss jewel that has a chance to grant onslaught on kill, great for mapping.

scepter wise you want at least 80% combined fire/spell damage, 15%+ cast speed and some added fire damage to spells. my profile is open you can see everything in there.

I'm using a pretty decent Doryani's catalyst. I have +cast speed on some jewels and a ring to compensate for the low 10%. I'm not sure if prolif does much for us with overload, though. I don't know for sure how the whole no extra damage from ailments thing works to be honest. It's just a decent scepter overall with some cheeky leech to boot. You can get the cheaper ones for only ~10c, then it's really how much you're willing to pay. I got this one for 40c.
Last edited by Frust53 on Dec 30, 2017, 5:57:40 AM
"
Frust53 wrote:
I'm using a pretty decent Doryani's catalyst. I have +cast speed on some jewels and a ring to compensate for the low 10%. I'm not sure if prolif does much for us with overload, though. I don't know for sure how the whole no extra damage from ailments thing works to be honest. It's just a decent scepter overall with some cheeky leech to boot. You can get the cheaper ones for only ~10c, then it's really how much you're willing to pay. I got this one for 40c.

This is a great weapon but not the optimal weapon for this build. Especially when you look at the price.

It lacks the adds x to y fire damage to spells, which is huge. I am using a 2c sceptre which only has a total of 100% fire damage increase but it has 46 to 79 fire damage to spells added.
It has some cast speed and attack speed too.

According to PoB it easily beats Doryani's Catalyst.

"
DirtyDot wrote:

I am always in melee range and I always try to keep fortify up when doing hard stuff. 20% damage reduction from hits is huge.

level 20 vigilant strike linked to fortify gem lasts for 12 seconds without the vigil jewel so no need to waste a jewel slot.

I was fighting the Elder for the first time and for the first time i missed mobility. Not sure if it was bleed or poison but damage over time was huge.

Is it normal that you start with the yellow tier Elder? Where is the white one?

I am switching to shield charge and fortify now.
Too bad that you cant use Vigilant Strike in a CwDT setup since Shield Charge needs Fortify too and you run out of gem slots. Good unset rings are so expensive.

"
Xirce wrote:
This is a great weapon but not the optimal weapon for this build. Especially when you look at the price.

It lacks the adds x to y fire damage to spells, which is huge. I am using a 2c sceptre which only has a total of 100% fire damage increase but it has 46 to 79 fire damage to spells added.
It has some cast speed and attack speed too.

According to PoB it easily beats Doryani's Catalyst.

I'll look it up. I feared that it might be wasted and I never thought about looking it up on PoB. No doubt I can resell it for at least as much as I paid anyway. Thanks for the input!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info