[3.0] Skeleton Mage build. 7 aura necromancer can both solo endgame maps and support party play

I've been using violent dead gem for minion damage. Which is an extremely budget friendly sub for to dust gems while you save up for to buy them.
Sorry im new. How are you able to equip 7 auras and still have other skills? Aren't there only 8 spell hotkey slots?
Great build! These jewels are getting really expensive now it seems, almost 1ex each on poe trade lol. I'm doing only 3 aura's, 5L staff totem/srs dispenser, 6L chest skellymage. Its working out well right now. Slowly saving for proper gear to make this build shine. Even now its pretty impressive. Well done sir!
"
Kaerran wrote:
"
mebell333 wrote:
I'm having survival issues. Granted, I am still only 74 and my next 10 levels will contain mostly life passives, that will only take me from 3.4k to around 4.7k it seems.

Normally this is ok for builds, but I find it is way to easy to get bursted. I run t3s just as efficiently as t11s because I basically get one shot if I make a mistake regardless. I have res cap, the main issue seems to be melees (moreso, if a mob has leap slam, the harbingers with flame dash, etc).

Anyone else fairing better? Most of the time its just a death or two per map, but I tried out a Breachhead since my damage is decent, and in the last few waves I just got roflstomped 3 times in a row. I also noticed 6 of my zombies died on the last attempt, which is what lead to my misplay trying to resummon them for distraction.

i had troubles with survivability also, had a very hard time on Kitava, because I couldn't cap my res. I bought an Alpha Howl for 1 chaos to help me in the early currency farming, as I wont have enought to use the gardian right now anyway. I put on it the clarity and added purity of elements for myself just to cap the resist in a quick way. It helps a little with the dps since my skellies are affected by 8 auras, so overall I kinda bought myself a 30% all res helmet ;)

If you have all your res capped, you could try the same and replace purity with artic armor.

The only things I have a lot of trouble with for now are the breach. I tend to avoid them, but when I feel risky, I just pop a basalt flask right in the beginning of the fight. There is so many monsters that usually I can keep it up during the entire fight.

About survivability, what do you think about:
Vicatario's Charity (generate frenzy) + singularity on the animate guardian,
replace leap slam \ faster attack by increase duration + phase run.
Last edited by Colin30 on Aug 25, 2017, 3:07:22 PM
yea sure but where are you gonna keep the links? will you replace the chest? if yes it goes to a different build!! if tho i believe the shield is amazing for this build you cant find 6l item elsewhere.

EDIT: that was meant as an answer to Collin30 not as a stand alone post!
Last edited by Drunkprince on Aug 25, 2017, 3:01:02 PM
"
EpiL0N wrote:
Just out of curiosity, why lesser projectiles instead of greater for the additional bolts?

Lesser projectiles clears maps with pierce just fine and has a lower damage penalty than great multiple proj

"
Viridian101 wrote:
Sorry im new. How are you able to equip 7 auras and still have other skills? Aren't there only 8 spell hotkey slots?

You just use one slot, left click and choose another aura to activate, as opposed to having all your auras on skill slots.
Last edited by LordFluffy1234 on Aug 25, 2017, 4:49:24 PM
Does anyone know why I can only afford to have 5 auras at once and not 7?

The following are on Victario:

Purity of Ice/Fire/Lightning, Haste, Anger, Wrath

I can only run all purities, haste, EITHER Anger or Wrath, and low-level Clarity, so 6 technically. Any reason why I don't have enough to do the 7th? Anger/Wrath both?

I have all the reserved mana nodes that your tree calls for, so far as I can tell. Confused.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured out why. I have my purity of fire on my gloves because my Victario wasn't perfectly colored. Dang it.

EDIT 2: I just fixed it in 5 chromatics. Woot lol.
Last edited by elninost0rm on Aug 25, 2017, 5:57:12 PM
Really nice build.
It's really funny to see so much bullet everywhere :D

I'm going to try another build now so if someone is interessted by

mp in game !
Where do I get the dead reckoning cobalt jewel. I'm stuck :/
You can buy the dead jewels off poe trade for roughly 9c a piece.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info