[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
Imurgod wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Imurgod wrote:
solar guards sucks big time in T10+ maps. even 2 TV alone can do better than 4 SGs, I will never use SG in anytime.
What are you using for gems with Solar Guards? There's something odd, because I decided to try SGs yesterday, and they are doing awesome. I've done guardians without any problems - and that was before I realized I was still running vulnerability, which doesn't help SGs.

using all recommended gems here, having most problem in tight small room maps, most of times SG just too far away or in other rooms to be effective. unless u want to constantly use convocation SG just not my type

Well, I run SG in Scriptorium, doing any mods plus beyond, having 0 problem.

The thing is, if you have problem with SG in small rooms, you have the same problem with TV+WM too. They don't magically teleport more than SG.

The only problem is boss. SG takes quite some time to kill a T15 boss. I fought colosseum darreso with SG, it just feels like fighting shaper with TV, and without curse/AG/EE (aka I am dead on the ground).
Anyone have issues with spectre dying at shaper? specifically my TV keeps dying (WM somehow stays alive thru the entire shaper run, but WM's boss dps is low).

I spent 5 portals to take down shaper, basically I had to bail every time my TV died, then desecrate them again. Anyone else have this issue with shaper? how do you keep your TV alive?

I'm running 2 TV + 1 WM, because I don't have a 6L vis mortis yet
Last edited by DanyStormborn on Oct 27, 2017, 11:56:33 AM
"
DanyStormborn wrote:
Anyone have issues with spectre dying at shaper? specifically my TV keeps dying (WM somehow stays alive thru the entire shaper run, but WM's boss dps is low).

I spent 5 portals to take down shaper, basically I had to bail every time my TV died, then desecrate them again. Anyone else have this issue with shaper? how do you keep your TV alive?

I'm running 2 TV + 1 WM, because I don't have a 6L vis mortis yet

Check your spectre resistance. You don't have a 6L so I guess you omit minion resistance? Then you need jewel/aura/passive to cap their resist (35/75/75 is needed for TV).

Drag your minions out of beams/vortexes with convocation, they can't block degen. In zana shield phase, use your convocation consistently so they don't wander around and get too many hits.
But I think the problem might still be resist, because I usually die in shaper fight, but WM and TV always finish the phase alone.
I switched from srs to this build few days ago, overall satisfying experience, I know as a newbie to this build I still can improve tons of stuff, mostly gear-wise. please if you have thoroughly understanding of this build, give me your inputs on my gear, I want to aim for big dps/tanky improvements. tyvm
Somone Tested HeadHunder on this build? Its worth?
Does the Witchfire Brew's increased damage over time affect the damage of WM's and TV's?
"
JustMane wrote:
Somone Tested HeadHunder on this build? Its worth?

I play with headhunter and biscos collar. I used to do the Biscos leash trick and switch belts after you trigger rampage but got lazy and just use headhunter fulltime. TBH, I don't think it helps your dmg or spectre dmg in any way but they do share some of the auras from what I've seen. I stripped my wander and had headhunter and vaal breach leftover so I was testing that as well. Fun seeing the higher HP and ES pools when you get the right rares killed but seriously, the DPS of the vanguards and wickers is more than enough for almost all content so I ended up ditching vaal breach. Just gotta be able to dodge stuff.

I finally finished out my 36 challenges while doing the last 8 or so challenges playing this build and here is the gear I used.

Uber Lab at 70, Guardians at 72, Shaper at 74, Pale court at 75 and Uber Atrzi at 82 (waited a bit on this one as the sets were kinda expensive and didn't wanna risk ripping all the portals just in case)

As you can see from my flasks and some unleveled gems, the build itself it just OP. Didn't really feel the need to switch out to a stone of lazhwar or upgrade/switch out flasks. Desecrate + Bone Offering + Rumi's gives me 75/44 block.

Been mostly following some of what grimjack and hedonist said in previous posts as far as some gear choices. Decked out my AG based on what hedonist had minus the empower 4 and 21 AG. (I just unequip and reequip my boots to desummon the AG before a rippy fight like uber aztri)

One fun thing I've found about this build is that it had a similar mechanic to one build I enjoyed before which was the Immortal Golems. I was using t16 vangaurds and wickerman (2 of each) for all guardian, shaper and aztri kills. If there's ever a time where you die, the spectre's themselves are pretty tanky and can usually finish off a fight themselves. Just come back and collect your loot.

Tip: If you plan on dying and letting your spectres do the work, try and die in the middle of the boss room. The minions won't go far from you body to aggro something on their own. Found this out when I died in the bottom left area of Chimera's arena on the phase with the snakes. They just fired at the minions off screen and the minions would just sit on top of me guarding my body. Just watch your vanguards health and resurrect if they get low. You'll be safe back at your HO and save 10 minutes of playing desecrate whack a mole trying to get your spectres again.

*edit* For reference, here is the setup hedonist uses for AGs that I use on mine as well.
Spoiler
"
hedonist wrote:
I use 4 wickermen with increased aoe as 6th link when I map and it still instantly clears, I don't need my AG at all for aoe purposes, but for anyone that might, good advice my friend.

Same with the helmet slot, however I'm using
so my helm slot is also pretty much set in stone as well.

Main reason I blew some currency on AG was to be able to equip him with full offensive utility and still not lose him.

Currently I have him equipped with southbound gloves with vulnerability corruption, windscream boots for the extra curse(yes it works as long as he has a curse on hit on himself), icetomb, dual dyadus and finally BoR helmet for endurance charges and style points.
Last edited by aerfall on Oct 27, 2017, 6:27:09 PM
"
Imurgod wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Imurgod wrote:
solar guards sucks big time in T10+ maps. even 2 TV alone can do better than 4 SGs, I will never use SG in anytime.
What are you using for gems with Solar Guards? There's something odd, because I decided to try SGs yesterday, and they are doing awesome. I've done guardians without any problems - and that was before I realized I was still running vulnerability, which doesn't help SGs.

using all recommended gems here, having most problem in tight small room maps, most of times SG just too far away or in other rooms to be effective. unless u want to constantly use convocation SG just not my type
Understood. I avoid maps like that like the plague. The worst map I run is Vault. Museum is awful.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
JustMane wrote:
I think its better option on AG
The Tempestuous Steel This sword penetrated 30% all RES + Extra shield well be fk tanky !
or The Tempestuous Steel + infernal axe dyadus good option too.

Question :
If somone have 4x Solar with GMP which one gem is best to swap on boss? GMP on Slower Projectiles or Culling strike?.

Somone Tested 1 Solar + 3 TV?
I'm currently swapping GMP for SP for bosses... well... when I remember. Often I'll be halfway through the boss fight and realise I forgot to switch again.
"
Imurgod wrote:
I switched from srs to this build few days ago, overall satisfying experience, I know as a newbie to this build I still can improve tons of stuff, mostly gear-wise. please if you have thoroughly understanding of this build, give me your inputs on my gear, I want to aim for big dps/tanky improvements. tyvm
Cripes, it doesn't get a whole lot better than your setup. Very small things...
- Run uber lab and enchant your helm and gloves. Or drop some big $$$ and buy ones with a spectre enchant already in place.
- The increased AOE in your vis mortis - assuming you're running mostly wikermen?
- Your curses are purely defensive. I'd run flammability and vulnerability unless you're having problems staying alive... and I can't see how you'd be having problems staying alive with the gear you are running. Those two would bump your damage a fair bit.
- I'd try to get another eternal life flask to replace the divine. Eternals are much faster. If you are going to stick with a seething, drop to a hallowed - they only require 10/30 charges to use, and with the seething affix, they heal nearly as much.
- What's your block chance with Bone Offering up? If it's less than 75, consider using a Rumi's flask to bump it up.
- What are you running gear-wise on your Animated Guardian?
- What skills are you running in the pantheon?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info