[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Imurgod wrote:
I switched from srs to this build few days ago, overall satisfying experience, I know as a newbie to this build I still can improve tons of stuff, mostly gear-wise. please if you have thoroughly understanding of this build, give me your inputs on my gear, I want to aim for big dps/tanky improvements. tyvm
Cripes, it doesn't get a whole lot better than your setup. Very small things...
- Run uber lab and enchant your helm and gloves. Or drop some big $$$ and buy ones with a spectre enchant already in place.
- The increased AOE in your vis mortis - assuming you're running mostly wikermen?
- Your curses are purely defensive. I'd run flammability and vulnerability unless you're having problems staying alive... and I can't see how you'd be having problems staying alive with the gear you are running. Those two would bump your damage a fair bit.
- I'd try to get another eternal life flask to replace the divine. Eternals are much faster. If you are going to stick with a seething, drop to a hallowed - they only require 10/30 charges to use, and with the seething affix, they heal nearly as much.
- What's your block chance with Bone Offering up? If it's less than 75, consider using a Rumi's flask to bump it up.
- What are you running gear-wise on your Animated Guardian?
- What skills are you running in the pantheon?

running 2tv2w for t12+ maps, what's better than increased aoe if any?
I was thinking elemental weakness as a curse, which gives most dps benefit(ele weakness/flamm/vulner)?
my block chance is 71% without rumi, maybe shall pop it often to cap 75%?
For AG, I got dual dys, iceTomb, southbound, bringer, rainbow, tooltip life is about 42,000 never died.
I also want to know what ailment-removal priority shall I have with my flasks in order to avoid unexpected dearth, frozen/bleed/poison/curse/burning?? which of them more deadlier?
"
Imurgod wrote:
running 2tv2w for t12+ maps, what's better than increased aoe if any?
I was thinking elemental weakness as a curse, which gives most dps benefit(ele weakness/flamm/vulner)?
my block chance is 71% without rumi, maybe shall pop it often to cap 75%?
For AG, I got dual dys, iceTomb, southbound, bringer, rainbow, tooltip life is about 42,000 never died.
I also want to know what ailment-removal priority shall I have with my flasks in order to avoid unexpected dearth, frozen/bleed/poison/curse/burning?? which of them more deadlier?

AOE modifiers only affect the wickermen. If you're using both, swap that for a chance to ignite, it buffs both WM & TV.

Flammability and Vulnerability give the biggest DPS boosts to WM & TVs. Which one gives you more depends on what the target is, and they are pretty close to each other. Either of them is better than EW.

I'd use that Rumi a fair bit. I actually carry 2 of them, so I can use it through the entire length of most boss fights.

AG setup sounds perfect.

Ailment removal: Bleed and Freeze for general use. Those are the only two that are likely to get you killed. Poison / curse / burning will rarely be dangerous, you can usually flask out of them, and our HP regen is insanely high as well. There are exceptions - you'll want a flame flask for Atziri, for instance... most of the end game content bosses need some special setup.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
For Animate Guardian use Leer Cast - You and nearby allies gain 15% increased Damage

:Equipping Leer Cast applies a special aura that affects the player and nearby allies
Party members and minions within the aura have 15% increased damage. This bonus applies to all damage, including that of spells, traps, and totems.
"
JustMane wrote:
For Animate Guardian use Leer Cast - You and nearby allies gain 15% increased Damage

:Equipping Leer Cast applies a special aura that affects the player and nearby allies
Party members and minions within the aura have 15% increased damage. This bonus applies to all damage, including that of spells, traps, and totems.

its a good option for AG, but bringer's big hp boost plus block chance is huge for AG's survivability on tough fights. besides I think that 15% increase damage aint that much, if that's 15% more then it certainly beats other choices. I just can't think of better choice other than bringer for me atm.
Whats the standpoint on inc. burning damage vs. fire pen?
Is there a clear winner, or does it depend on boss/trash?

Im wondering since penetration isn't mentioned at all in the guide, am I missing something here?
Hello,
Don't understand how u have 70% block chance with this stuff/tree?
Anyone can explain me pls ? <3
"
JoKeRoNe wrote:
Whats the standpoint on inc. burning damage vs. fire pen?
Is there a clear winner, or does it depend on boss/trash?

Im wondering since penetration isn't mentioned at all in the guide, am I missing something here?

hello, Fire penetration is useful as a link for Solar Guards/Flame Sentinels, along with Spell Echo and Greater multiple projectiles.
these spectres are not mentioned in the guide, because this build focuses on safe boss killing in hardcore and all-round mapping (Wicker men and Vanguards are immune to reflect since all they do is damage over time).
some users (like me) found that there is a way to improve mapping clearspeed, since WM and TV have decent clearing but not optimal.
now that you can summon the spectres you want in every map, it's convenient to summon Solar Guards for mapping and swap with WM/TV for heavy bossing.
These spectres use different support gems because damage over time doesn't affect their dps; so we're going to swap burning damage for fire penetration, swift affliction with greater multiple projectiles, and minion and totem elemental resistances with spell echo (the spectres should be tanky enough if you don't run elemental reflect maps.)
of course, all of this is optional, I've been running maps with WM and TV for two months and they're fine, but I'm actually running solar guards since they improve clearspeed a lot
Last edited by Giammafix on Oct 28, 2017, 12:58:10 PM
@Giammafix

thanks for answering. You are absolutly right, of course.
I totally forgot the missing "hit" neccessary for fire pen to work.
"
Skuz76 wrote:
Hello,
Don't understand how u have 70% block chance with this stuff/tree?
Anyone can explain me pls ? <3

Advancing Fortress = 15%
Lvl 20 Bone Offering w/ Mistress of Sacrifice Ascendancy = 35%
Shield = 25-30%
Rumi's Concoction Flask = 14-20%
I use the Scourge instead of Advancing Fortress, build is tanky enough with Rumi and that claw provides big dps

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info