[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

I'm running with flame sentinels.

I don't understand why we need block (in sc), we are not supposed to be touch.

Why taking solar guard ? Or Burning spectre ?

"
ZhangLiaoSebi wrote:

Why play a summoner anyway, or kill mobs for that matter, in fact why bother even playing the game? It isn't real, items aren't real, oh god nothing is real, my whole life is a lie, send help!
"
ZhangLiaoSebi wrote:

lol
just get out
"
ZhangLiaoSebi wrote:

Why block? So you don't have to dodge like mad, you don't spend all 6 portals trying to do hard maps, you don't have to spend 9 times of map clear time in backtracking or use a cast when death portal.

Be real, the build is ranged, but not as range as you can kill enemies from 2 kilometers away. You will get hit, many times.

Why solar guard? Faster casting than sentinels, more tanky, nice AI.

Why burning spectre? They kill guardian in seconds.
If you're not obviously trolling, the serious answer is that this build is still squishy even with eHP of 10k. Jumping into a magic pack may cost your char. Running near a projectile pack may also kill you. The current state of exile is that you need several layers of defense, not just a big pool of life or eHP. High block chance reduce that danger a lot since block is among best OP defense layer in this game (so GGG nerf block chance a lot from 1.3 onwards)

I play very carelessly as a softcore player so I still die many times with 7500 eHP and 50% block chance (if using flesh offering instead of bone offering) when I become too confident, that can give some idea. Granted, this build is very tanky in comparison to other non-vaal-pact, non-slayer builds.
I die only when i'm not concentrated or surprise by detonate corpse and i don't have block chance. So i have doubt about the utility of block for that kind of build.
"
ZhangLiaoSebi wrote:
I die only when i'm not concentrated or surprise by detonate corpse and i don't have block chance. So i have doubt about the utility of block for that kind of build.

Underlined the part you should pay attention to there buddy. Block is there for that to not happen, or happen less often. Flesh offering gives little to no benefit to you, it doesn't affect wickermen and has only a slight use for vanguards. The only part of it that you might want, is the movement speed bonus, and that itself becomes irrelevant once you get your hands on a quicksilver flask with etra movement and a silver flask.

So, what you do is, get bone offering instead, since there is practically no trade off and thus no reason not to, but once you do that, you realize that the additive stacking nature of the block means that you get an exponential return out of each extra %1 block you get, so you end up wanting to stack it to %75, again not doing so is overall gimping your character.
so is a double dyadus, bor, icetomb, rainbowstrides, rare gloves with 100+ resist Animate Guardian gonna die to stuff like normal atziri or doing some t10 maps?

edit: also, I got my spectres from Shaper's Realm today, been using 3 TVs, 1 WM for normal atziri runs. If I wanna switch to 4 WMs, how could I do that? Do I need to open one of my t16 maps?
Last edited by attiGT on Oct 29, 2017, 1:28:37 PM
"
buks wrote:
so is a double dyadus, bor, icetomb, rainbowstrides, rare gloves with 100+ resist Animate Guardian gonna die to stuff like normal atziri or doing some t10 maps?

edit: also, I got my spectres from Shaper's Realm today, been using 3 TVs, 1 WM for normal atziri runs. If I wanna switch to 4 WMs, how could I do that? Do I need to open one of my t16 maps?

That AG should be pretty tough. I'm running that setup, and it tanks Atziri fine. I'm using a +2 minion gems helm, AG / minion life / Melee splash / Empower 3.

If you want to switch spectres, the best method is to open a shaper set - or borrow a portal - cast desecrate and raise until you get the combo you want. You can do this in a T16 map as well, however, your spectres will be one level lower than they could be.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info