[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

Between using desecrate, bone offering, flesh offering, shield charge and convocation, how do you find the time to use any flasks? I don't see how it's possible.
"
Hello, I am looking for some critiques to my setup besides enchants which I am going for. Unsure whether or not go include AG as of yet, the zombies have been doing pretty well besides on Shaper and a few of the Guardian maps.

I was thinking of a variation that includes Midnight Bargain and Tukohama's Fortress for eight totems + WM, but it seems that would drastically reduce survivability? Has anyone tried it? Was just looking for an interesting way to change it up since the end of the league is approaching. Here is my gear:

Thanks!

Do.

I would use rathpith over any other shield for the simple fact that it single handedly caps you on spell block without extra investment, this frees you up for a bisco's collar, but even if you decide to not use bisco's for whatever reason, you can more than make up for the stats you would otherwise miss out on by not using a rare shield on your amulet slot. I find this to be preferrable to going lazhwar + w/e shield
for a tanky build what is the best shield type and mods I should aim for? suppose I dont need much resis anymore and +life is no-brainer . block%/movement/evasion/armor/E-shield or what? what shall I prioritize on. ty
"
Hello, I am looking for some critiques to my setup besides enchants which I am going for. Unsure whether or not go include AG as of yet, the zombies have been doing pretty well besides on Shaper and a few of the Guardian maps.

I was thinking of a variation that includes Midnight Bargain and Tukohama's Fortress for eight totems + WM, but it seems that would drastically reduce survivability? Has anyone tried it? Was just looking for an interesting way to change it up since the end of the league is approaching. Here is my gear:

Thanks!
Not much to improve here, to be honest.

You could move from 2 mod jewels to 3 mod, however, those are going to be expensive.

I ran with Zombies for a while, but in the end, testing with and without them over ~50 maps, decided they weren't doing anything, so I dropped them. I also dumped skullhead and moved to a bone helm with +2 to minion gems, and put my AG setup in there. The damage increase from him is pretty significant, and running minion life, melee splash and empower 3, he seems to be tough enough to survive anything except shaper.

If you decide to drop zombies, you can adjust your tree a bit - drop Herd of the Flock, the two life / armour nodes connecting you to the marauder start, and one other point - probably Solidity and it's shield block node, and path up through Devotion including the 6% life node past it. I find with Rumi's and bone offering, I'm at max block anyway, and the other benefits to solidity aren't that big. Mind you, I'm not using your shield, so YMMV.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
hedonist wrote:
"

Thanks!

Do.

I would use rathpith over any other shield for the simple fact that it single handedly caps you on spell block without extra investment, this frees you up for a bisco's collar, but even if you decide to not use bisco's for whatever reason, you can more than make up for the stats you would otherwise miss out on by not using a rare shield on your amulet slot. I find this to be preferrable to going lazhwar + w/e shield
Agreed 100% on Rathpith.

Unless, of course, you're going to try for Necro Aegis!
"
Imurgod wrote:
for a tanky build what is the best shield type and mods I should aim for? suppose I dont need much resis anymore and +life is no-brainer . block%/movement/evasion/armor/E-shield or what? what shall I prioritize on. ty
I'm a big fan of Rathpith, for the reasons just mentioned above. Other than that, rare with the highest block percentage you can get, and stack whatever you already have for defences - if you're mostly armour, use that, ES for ES, etc.
"
Between using desecrate, bone offering, flesh offering, shield charge and convocation, how do you find the time to use any flasks? I don't see how it's possible.

You don't need any flask active at all times. Just panic-press them. Same goes for Vaal Grace.

If you follow the original build to the T, you're damn tanky with 70/70 block (or more), 300 life regen (or more), 8k eHP (or more). Most bosses die before you care to press flasks.

On the other hand, you don't need to desecrate and bone offering all the times. It lasts 10 sec on average. Remember that you can pull your spectres away with casting so Convocation is also in emergency only.

I'm lazy af and I'm playing softcore so I dont even care to push them most of the time. I use Necro Aegis so I still have 2 rumi's to cap block in boss fights if I remember to press them.
I’m soooo going necro for upcoming race
Spectres are insane, i have work in my slayer about half league to be able to kill shaper, in 2 days with this build ive killed shaper and uber atziri, definitely my build for the next league, thanks for this great guide.
"
grimjack68 wrote:
"
Imurgod wrote:
I'm a big fan of Rathpith, for the reasons just mentioned above. Other than that, rare with the highest block percentage you can get, and stack whatever you already have for defences - if you're mostly armour, use that, ES for ES, etc.

I use rathpith with bisco's for mapping

otherwise, I prefer swapping to a stone of lazhwar with minion damage corruption and lioneye's remorse which is BiS for the most content; or a rare shield with life, resistances, armour and maybe block chance for elemental weakness maps

Last edited by Giammafix on Oct 31, 2017, 10:26:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info