[3.x - Discontinued for now] Burning Spectres - Torch the Atlas - HC Shaper, Elder, Uber Atziri

Wow my man, this build looked good on the outside but playing it is absolutely fantastic. Killed shaper deathless first try on this build, did not even break a sweat. Damn it makes you feel powerful haha!
Here is my gear just to let you know:

AG item setup for endgame farm and red maps?
"
buks wrote:
so is a double dyadus, bor, icetomb, rainbowstrides, rare gloves with 100+ resist Animate Guardian gonna die to stuff like normal atziri or doing some t10 maps?

My lvl 19 AG with double dyadus, bor, icetomb, rainbowstrides, rare gloves with 100+ resist, minion life, and fortify gets pretty smashed by Minotaur. I'll be moving to a +2 helm soon, lvl 4 empower, and hopefully a lvl 21 AG gem, but I still have a feeling he's going to get smashed since the uniques we use aren't TOO defensive.

"
grimjack68 wrote:
If you want to switch spectres, the best method is to open a shaper set - or borrow a portal - cast desecrate and raise until you get the combo you want. You can do this in a T16 map as well, however, your spectres will be one level lower than they could be.

The cheapest and fastest method is to use "A Master Seeks Help" Haku prophecies in t16 maps. It will work with any master that makes you enter a separate zone for their quest -- A T17 ZONE JUST LIKE SHAPER -- but Haku is the only one that is 100% going to send you to another zone. The amazing part about doing this is that Haku's zone has a desecrate table of like 3 monsters compared to Shaper's 8 million, so you'll have a full set in an average of 5 desecrates depending on what you're looking for.

Haku's zone is also 100% safe because you don't actually have to go deeper inside -- and if you fail the mission (or don't even start the mission inside) you can just keep returning until you're out of portals. If the prophecy doesn't proc in the map you have, seal it and unseal it then reopen another. I can't be the only one with a surplus of t16 maps right now :D

Last edited by Saganite on Oct 29, 2017, 9:08:54 PM
after playing this build to end game, I'm no longer interest in other builds. Bloody OP and fun to play with.
I 'm going to roll this char on 1-week Turmoil event.

"
buks wrote:
so is a double dyadus, bor, icetomb, rainbowstrides, rare gloves with 100+ resist Animate Guardian gonna die to stuff like normal atziri or doing some t10 maps?

edit: also, I got my spectres from Shaper's Realm today, been using 3 TVs, 1 WM for normal atziri runs. If I wanna switch to 4 WMs, how could I do that? Do I need to open one of my t16 maps?

From my experience, no.

Here is my AG setup: dual dyadus, voll's vision, icetomb, victario's flight, <any random unique gloves I pull from stash>. Gem lv 19, in shield slot, link minion resist - fortify. No minion life jewel but I get all minion life I can get in tree.

I use AG exclusively on T16 and shaper (T15 and below with SGs so no AG). AG never died or even drop below 50% hp to T16 trashes. (Note: I don't roll maps safely, the only thing I look in a map is pack size and IIQ, I don't care mods.) But it indeed died once to the corpse detonating beyond boss, so did myself there. Most dangerous scenario is 2x harbingers in the same place, where I will notice AG losing life and healing back.

For guardians themselves:
Mino can kill it, but not in one shot. It takes around 3-5 slams to kill AG, you will have plenty of time to decide unsummon or not. 80% of minos will die before they can slam twice so that a lesser problem.
Chimera can't kill it.
Hydra might be able to kill it. I am not quite certain what hits my AG but it loses life significantly. However, it did not actually die.
Phoenix might be the most dangerous, discharge + whirlwind attack is deadly combo to my AG. I unsummon AG if discharge hits it.

For shapers:
Yes, it dies to shaper. Zana phase/beams can be quite dangerous. I have to unsummon it often. I think lv 21 gem and a minion life link will help here.
just wanna make sure I got it right, for 2TV2W mapping, if my wickers stick together most of time their damage are not stackable basically I am getting same damage as 1 wicker right?
"
Imurgod wrote:
just wanna make sure I got it right, for 2TV2W mapping, if my wickers stick together most of time their damage are not stackable basically I am getting same damage as 1 wicker right?
Correct. Move faster and they will stop sticking together. Move fast enough, and you'll need 3 of them to kill everything along the way.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
lostcoaster wrote:
"
buks wrote:

edit: also, I got my spectres from Shaper's Realm today, been using 3 TVs, 1 WM for normal atziri runs. If I wanna switch to 4 WMs, how could I do that? Do I need to open one of my t16 maps?

From my experience, no.

Here is my AG setup: dual dyadus, voll's vision, icetomb, victario's flight, <any random unique gloves I pull from stash>. Gem lv 19, in shield slot, link minion resist - fortify. No minion life jewel but I get all minion life I can get in tree.

I use AG exclusively on T16 and shaper (T15 and below with SGs so no AG). AG never died or even drop below 50% hp to T16 trashes. (Note: I don't roll maps safely, the only thing I look in a map is pack size and IIQ, I don't care mods.) But it indeed died once to the corpse detonating beyond boss, so did myself there. Most dangerous scenario is 2x harbingers in the same place, where I will notice AG losing life and healing back.

For guardians themselves:
Mino can kill it, but not in one shot. It takes around 3-5 slams to kill AG, you will have plenty of time to decide unsummon or not. 80% of minos will die before they can slam twice so that a lesser problem.
Chimera can't kill it.
Hydra might be able to kill it. I am not quite certain what hits my AG but it loses life significantly. However, it did not actually die.
Phoenix might be the most dangerous, discharge + whirlwind attack is deadly combo to my AG. I unsummon AG if discharge hits it.

For shapers:
Yes, it dies to shaper. Zana phase/beams can be quite dangerous. I have to unsummon it often. I think lv 21 gem and a minion life link will help here.

With pretty much maxed gear my AG can tank almost anything, including shaper. Only problem I had where I saw his health drop was the Phoenix fight. Not sure what kept hitting him but he was hurting. Was down to 33% which was surprising. Usually everything dies so fast that it doesn’t matter anyway.

I’ve played this game quite a bit and this is by far the most op build/setup I’ve ever played. So big thanks to op and rest of the forum for this fun build.
I too noticed that Phoenix seems to be a pain to AG. Only he and Shaper (and probably Uber Atziri) can kill my Lv20 AG with Fortify and Minion life. Not even Mino can down him in that state. So Lv26 AG is only required for Phoenix and Shaper.

Or is purity of fire/cold with +max res helpful for those fights? Anyone kind enough to test? I'm lazy xD
Last edited by wiwigvn on Oct 30, 2017, 3:36:38 AM
Hello, I am looking for some critiques to my setup besides enchants which I am going for. Unsure whether or not go include AG as of yet, the zombies have been doing pretty well besides on Shaper and a few of the Guardian maps.

I was thinking of a variation that includes Midnight Bargain and Tukohama's Fortress for eight totems + WM, but it seems that would drastically reduce survivability? Has anyone tried it? Was just looking for an interesting way to change it up since the end of the league is approaching. Here is my gear:

Thanks!
Last edited by dokidokidango on Oct 30, 2017, 4:41:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info