ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

The lower tax claim, is but an illusion, my friends.

1. 80% of the tax breaks went to the richest 1%. The super rich that don't need it got almost all of the tax break. PLUS, the top 1% tax break is permanent and for the other 99% of the people it goes away in a few years.

2. The 20% of the crumbs were handed out only to try and placate us, the voters, was not even fairly distributed. The tax payers in the big states with state income taxes received little to no tax break at all because they removed state income taxes as a federal tax deduction. This screwed over mostly Democrats from states like where I live, California.

3. It demonstrates a sad lie, Republican representatives claimed to be concerned about the national debt. This give away to the richest 1% in the country will drown the country in national debt making the Republican cries of fiscal responsibility nothing but hollow political rhetoric.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:
1. 80% of the tax breaks went to the richest 1%. The super rich that don't need it got almost all of the tax break. PLUS, the top 1% tax break is permanent and for the other 99% of the people it goes away in a few years.

2. The 20% of the crumbs were handed out only to try and placate us, the voters, was not even fairly distributed. The tax payers in the big states with state income taxes received little to no tax break at all because they removed state income taxes as a federal tax deduction. This screwed over mostly Democrats from states like where I live, California.

3. It demonstrates a sad lie, Republican representatives claimed to be concerned about the national debt. This give away to the richest 1% in the country will drown the country in national debt making the Republican cries of fiscal responsibility nothing but hollow political rhetoric.
1. I haven't checked on whether the rhetoric matches the implementation or not, but Trump's claims going into the tax cut were that many tax loopholes utilized by the richest of the rich would be closed. It's important that we keep in mind that there are at least two different tax rates to keep in mind: statutory tax rate, which is the rate the law says should be paid before various adjustments, and effective tax rate, which is the rate at which the government actually collects taxes from (a subset of) citizens after various adjustments and expenditures on enforcement. It's possible to lower the first while increasing the second, by closing loopholes and finding smarter ways to enforce collection. I liked that Trump was implying that distinction, which had long made me cynical of increasing taxes on the rich (because the dishonest rich would just have their lawyers find a way to dodge paying those taxes too), but I'm honestly not sure how well he followed through.

2. Your state is screwing you over. All that changed is that the federal government is no longer subsidizing your state's behavior. Hold the appropriate party responsible.

3. The Laffer Curve is a thing. It's a noob mistake to assume that a reduction in tax rate equals a directly proportional reduction in government revenue.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 13, 2018, 12:58:35 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

1. I haven't checked on whether the rhetoric matches the implementation or not, but Trump's claims going into the tax cut were that many tax loopholes utilized by the richest of the rich would be closed. It's important that we keep in mind that there are at least two different tax rates to keep in mind: statutory tax rate, which is the rate the law says should be paid before various adjustments, and effective tax rate, which is the rate at which the government actually collects taxes from (a subset of) citizens after various adjustments and expenditures on enforcement. It's possible to lower the first while increasing the second, by closing loopholes and finding smarter ways to enforce collection. I liked that Trump was implying that distinction, which had long made me cynical of increasing taxes on the rich (because the dishonest rich would just have their lawyers find a way to dodge paying those taxes too), but I'm honestly not sure how well he followed through.

2. Your state is screwing you over. All that changed is that the federal government is no longer subsidizing your state's behavior. Hold the appropriate party responsible.

3. The Laffer Curve is a thing. It's a noob mistake to assume that a reduction in tax rate equals a directly proportional reduction in government revenue.

1. This is really 99/100 of the problem with the tax cut. Don't let point 2 and 3 distract you. The rhetoric did not match the actual. The fact is that 80% of the tax cuts go to the top 1%. Hopefully you're in that top 1% but I'll guess that you are not. This top 1% gets their tax break permanent. For the rest of us it expires in a few years.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/12/15/the-final-gop-tax-bill-is-complete-heres-what-is-in-it/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.225a9c297494

3. Not a direct reduction but very close. Adds about $1.5 trillion dollars to the national debt. And 80% of this is going to the richest 1%.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
The rich pay almost all of the taxes in the USA, common sense says tax cuts will be a high % to the wealthy.

I fail to see the problem. We should not be trying to punish success and drive people to be mediocre.

If people like you had their way, no one would waste their time trying to do something amazing and earn lots of cash, cause you, and your ilk, would demonize them and steal all their money, if they're actually successful.

Why exactly do you, or anyone else, deserve a share of a successful person's cash?

This thief mentality is disgusting.
Last edited by Khoranth on Sep 13, 2018, 4:46:31 PM
first off, money doesn't mean success and success doesn't mean money.

Secondly, the rich aren't those paying the most taxes. You have a 2,3 trillion dollars tax revenue. 325 millions population. About 40% are tax payers (others are childrens, retired or non workers). This means 130 millions population that pay taxes on income, roughly.

The 2017 median income was 44 564$. I'm not sure what's your income imposition in the US but I'd be surprised if it was less than 20% (which is just about the break even point).

So no, the rich don't pay ANYWHERE near "almost all of the taxes"
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:

Secondly, the rich aren't those paying the most taxes. You have a 2,3 trillion dollars tax revenue. 325 millions population. About 40% are tax payers (others are childrens, retired or non workers). This means 130 millions population that pay taxes on income, roughly.

The 2017 median income was 44 564$. I'm not sure what's your income imposition in the US but I'd be surprised if it was less than 20% (which is just about the break even point).

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Khoranth wrote:
The rich pay almost all of the taxes in the USA, common sense says tax cuts will be a high % to the wealthy.

I fail to see the problem. We should not be trying to punish success and drive people to be mediocre.

If people like you had their way, no one would waste their time trying to do something amazing and earn lots of cash, cause you, and your ilk, would demonize them and steal all their money, if they're actually successful.

Why exactly do you, or anyone else, deserve a share of a successful person's cash?

The rich frequently paid a lower percentage of their income as taxes than us working class folks. For example, famously Warren Buffett's secretary pays a higher percentage of her working class salary than does Warren Buffett. This has only gotten worse with the tax cut where 80% of that national debt from this tax cut is going to the top 1%.

(Thank you for the personal attacks though.)
Last edited by Turtledove on Sep 13, 2018, 5:59:22 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

That's not a graph that depict income tax but ALL taxes.

As industry are all much richer than individuals, baring some exceptions, it's a very very flawed graphics. Also, industries shouldn't even be considered as people.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:

The rich frequently paid a lower percentage of their income as taxes than us working class folks. For example, famously Warren Buffett's secretary pays a higher percentage of her working class salary than does Warren Buffett. This has only gotten worse with the tax cut where 80% of that national debt from this tax cut is going to the top 1%.

(Thank you for the personal attacks though.)

You misunderstood my post.

I said the rich pay the bulk of the taxes in the USA. I didnt say anything about %'s of income by group.

And you dodged the question: why do you (or anyone) deserve a rich person's cash?

And why do you think it is a good idea to punish success? And encourage mediocrity?

I'm not attacking you personally btw I'm attacking the leftist media and leftist public education that has instilled a thief mentality into children in recent decades.

Now if you are installing a thief mentality into young minds, then I am attacking you personally.

Chances are it is not your fault you have a thief mentality, it is simply conditioning.
Last edited by Khoranth on Sep 13, 2018, 10:34:11 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:
I'm not attacking you personally btw I'm attacking the leftist media and leftist public education that has instilled a thief mentality into children in recent decades.

Now if you are installing a thief mentality into young minds, then I am attacking you personally.

Chances are it is not your fault you have a thief mentality, it is simply conditioning.
There is a strong correlation between a person being the victim of abuse and that same person being a perpetrator of that abuse. There's a strong tendency to normalize one's abuse to convince oneself they aren't a victim, or at least not any more a victim than is typical; the same cognitive processes that forgive such behavior in others is all too apt to forgive it in oneself. It's a critical error to imagine the spread of such ideas as that of two mutually exclusive camps of conditioners and innocent victims; it is more accurate to imagine three groups, adding the victim-turned-conditioner.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 13, 2018, 11:36:28 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info