ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

So you mean like a generational thing? Basically.
Wealth can be taken, and it can be created. It is the layman’s sin to confuse all wealth creation for wealth taking. It is the layman’s tragedy to remedy their failures with even more wealth taking.

Our tax system is (part of) the biggest shell game ever played.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
Wealth can be taken, and it can be created. It is the layman’s sin to confuse all wealth creation for wealth taking. It is the layman’s tragedy to remedy their failures with even more wealth taking.

Our tax system is (part of) the biggest shell game ever played.

Now add the bank bailouts....
"
Khoranth wrote:

You misunderstood my post.

I said the rich pay the bulk of the taxes in the USA. I didnt say anything about %'s of income by group.

And you dodged the question: why do you (or anyone) deserve a rich person's cash?

And why do you think it is a good idea to punish success? And encourage mediocrity?

I'm not attacking you personally btw I'm attacking the leftist media and leftist public education that has instilled a thief mentality into children in recent decades.

Now if you are installing a thief mentality into young minds, then I am attacking you personally.

Chances are it is not your fault you have a thief mentality, it is simply conditioning.

Who said anything about stealing anyone's cash? The real issue here is how should the government be funded? The most equitable way to do this is by trying to minimize the (negative) effects on the quality of life of the people who pay taxes while still maintaining incentives for desired behavior. I would argue that poor and middle class people deserve more tax breaks than I do for a few reasons. Let's consider a hypothetical 10k reduction in taxes or refund check:

1. It will directly benefit them much more than I will. Maybe you will feel a 10k and be able to afford new things you need or want but that will not affect my budget.

2. Directly related to 1. Poor people spend a higher percentage of their income, which benefits me by the economy growing. Since this will not be factored into my budget anyway I will probably not be spending as much of it.

3. This is not a cash transfer. I didn't see anyone saying give people more than they are paying in taxes back so your point is moot. There is no theft involved whatsoever by any reasonable definition.

I'm not going to bother listing more reasons unless you request more. I'm kind of tired right now so if anything was unclear let me know and I'll try to fix it up.
The failure of your position is that you seem to think being born in the USA automatically entitles a person to an unending mountain of benefits & services provided by the government.

I reject this assertion. Just because someone is born in the USA, they are not entitled to an unending mountain of services & benefits.

Then you assert that the optimal way to pay for this unending bounty is ever increasing taxes on the rich.

I reject this assertion, because it punishes success and will obviously foster mediocrity.

Maybe some of you do not consider taking away successful people's cash to pay for your unending mountain of benefits & services stealing, but I do consider it stealing. I should pay the correct amount of taxes to fund the gov't for what i expect me & my family to receive. Guess we can just agree to disagree on how to classify that.
Last edited by Khoranth on Sep 14, 2018, 3:21:56 PM
"
Khoranth wrote:
So you mean like a generational thing? Basically.
One of my favorite ideas from the Jordan Peterson world of ideas — although I'm adding some of my own content here — is the concept of cultural evolution. Although the process is not genetic, there is a strong tendency for cultural and psychological traits to pass from parent to child — for instance, even if there is no genetic component to, say, never beating one's children, such behavior becomes normalized in such households, which in turn increases the likelihood that the child will grow up to never beat their children. In other words, culture is imperfectly but substantially inherited. Because culture is to some degree inherited, it follows that culture is to some degree molded by the forces of natural selection over time, so long as natural selection is indeed applied to that population — that is, some groups reproduce more and other groups reproduce less or not at all. Therefore, it's not inaccurate to say our oldest cultural traditions, to include certain religious beliefs, are evolutionary adaptations.

So yes, very generational.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 14, 2018, 4:23:28 PM
Just an experiment:

[Removed by Support]

Now let's see which of these images PoE deems potentially offensive enough to remove. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Nicholas_GGG on Sep 14, 2018, 5:05:27 PM
And we have a winner! Nicholas removed the image of Charlie Chaplin. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Domestic Exterminatus !

Psalms of Moribund
Last edited by ghstbr on Sep 14, 2018, 7:22:17 PM
"
ghstbr wrote:

He is wearing Imperial Fist armour, yet his tiny head clearly indicates Blood Angels gene seed.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info