ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"

If you want to get it wrong, so be it.

The amount of conspiracy theories based on zero evidence being being spread by the far right has reached epic proportions. It reminds me of the nonsense being spewed by the left back in the 60's. These poor souls are currently living and loving to get it wrong, embracing Trump's conspiracy theories with both arms. Hopefully President Trump's daily lies will be reduced from the 50 or 60 per day now back to the pre-midterm average of under a dozen per day.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Driving to my polling booth in 30 minutes.

Was reading a few propositions earlier for my state. Only thing I'm pissed about is there isn't enough information to make decent choices on a lot of these. And some are downright fishy as fuck.

Apparently, there is one proposition letting the state not the federal government change the daylight saving's time for schools and administrations.

Sounds like a fucking waste of time to me and it's probably only here because of some payroll loop-hole I'm not seeing about paying people overtime, is my best guess.

Pretty sure most people just check yes or no based on their party affiliation. But here I am trying to actually be involved and reasonably educated.

Aggravating.
(⌐■_■)
You know what the most fun thing I got to vote on today was?

Vaping and Oil Drilling on the SAME REFERENDUM

Yes,

If we want to vote to ban offshore drilling, we also have to vote to ban indoor vaping.

No joke... lmao
anything is everything
It ought to be illegal to put 2 distinctly different issues on same referendum. Fuck that!
Censored.
"
Xavderion wrote:

Oh, all the nationalists hate Soros including Netanyahu. No surprise. They don´t like anyone who is pro democracy and human rights. Of course Netanyahu backs Orban. But Nationalism especially in Europe is a hell of a bad idea.

That´s one of the reasons why Trump is so unpopular in Europe, about as unpopular as in Canada and Mexiko.

The amazing part is that Israel has condemned the antisemitism behind the hungarian campaign:

"[...]Soros, who rarely addresses personal attacks against him, has not commented on the billboards. But Hungarian Jewish groups and Human Rights Watch, an organization partly funded by Soros, have condemned the campaign, saying it “evokes memories of the Nazi posters during the Second World War”.

Many posters have been defaced with anti-Semitic graffiti, including the words “stinking Jew” written in magic marker.

Israel’s ambassador to Hungary issued a statement denouncing the campaign, saying it “evokes sad memories but also sows hatred and fear”, an apparent reference to Hungary’s part in the deportation of 500,000 Jews during the Holocaust.

But hours after the ambassador made his comments over the weekend, Israel’s foreign ministry issued a “clarification” saying that Soros was a legitimate target for criticism. [...]"

That´s Israel´s government: Hey that is so antisemitic. It is, but we don´t like Soros, he is a political opponent, so what is more important ?

As I said: Netanyahu = asshole

P.S.: Israel´s government probably does not like Human Rights Watch that much for well known reasons either

Interesting article.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Nov 6, 2018, 5:46:02 PM
"
RPGlitch wrote:
Driving to my polling booth in 30 minutes.

Was reading a few propositions earlier for my state. Only thing I'm pissed about is there isn't enough information to make decent choices on a lot of these. And some are downright fishy as fuck.

Apparently, there is one proposition letting the state not the federal government change the daylight saving's time for schools and administrations.

Sounds like a fucking waste of time to me and it's probably only here because of some payroll loop-hole I'm not seeing about paying people overtime, is my best guess.

Pretty sure most people just check yes or no based on their party affiliation. But here I am trying to actually be involved and reasonably educated.

Aggravating.

I've come to rely on Ballotpedia:

https://ballotpedia.org/Main_Page

It's a very useful, genuinely non-partisan (best as I've seen during this political season) site which provides access to pre-election US sample ballots based on your address (including links to some additional information about candidates and issues). You can subscribe for email updates on election trends, some decent analysis, and other useful features. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
[Removed by Support]
The evidence points to two possibilities, one of which you're ignoring:
1. Hitler accused his critics in the press of lying, and that characterization was inaccurate.
2. Hitler accused his critics in the press of lying, and that characterization was accurate.

I actually think #2 was most likely, although it's difficult to know about something so long ago. Although we all despise what it was Hitler did with his power, few doubt that he was a powerful speaker. His speeches would have been more powerful if the accusations of Lügenpresse had an element of truth to them. An exaggeration loosely based on a fact has far more persuasive power than a claim with no empirical validity whatsoever.

If you think Trump is Hitler... well first you're wrong, but if you i insist on the concept, then to defeat him you cannot cut corners. I suspect the press lied about Hitler in an attempt to make him less appealing; that didn't work. Antifa was founded in Germany in opposition to Hitler, and street thugs punching Nazis didn't work back then, either. The "by any means necessary" strategy, not even touching upon moral objections, has been proven impractical by the evidence of history. Ultimately the side that appears more civil to the populace wins.

If you want Trump's claims of fake news to fall on deaf ears — and if you oppose Trump, you should desperately want this — the solution begins with no longer giving anti-Trump media a free pass and holding your fellow anti-Trumpers to a higher standard.
"
The only mistake the media made was trusting their own government, so they presented WMDs as a given fact. Good thing is, that has changed now.
"
Turtledove wrote:
The amount of conspiracy theories based on zero evidence being being spread by the far right has reached epic proportions. It reminds me of the nonsense being spewed by the left back in the 60's. These poor souls are currently living and loving to get it wrong, embracing Trump's conspiracy theories with both arms. Hopefully President Trump's daily lies will be reduced from the 50 or 60 per day now back to the pre-midterm average of under a dozen per day.
First off, unless you mean "reached epic proportions two years ago," then not really. Soros was behind absofuckinglutely everything back then too (although it was more legit back then than now — after donating billions to failed political movements in 2016, he's kinda tapped out at the moment). There's less talk about Arkancide and Pizzagate (the latter of which is accurate in claiming Podesta was using a code in emails and wildly speculative regarding what said code means — could just be drug dealing). The Republican base is noticeably less conspiratorial now than it was during the time of candidate Trump, so it's difficult to claim that his presidency exacerbated the problem.

Second, they weren't really Trump's theories. More of a grassroots thing.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by Kieran_GGG on Nov 7, 2018, 2:52:55 PM
"
Turtledove wrote:
"

If you want to get it wrong, so be it.

Just because some alt right loons make up nonsense conspiracy theories is no excuse to make up hateful, racist conspiracy theories about Jews.

George Bush started the Iraq war, and he got congressional approval to do so. Jews didn't "trick, or force" our Congress to vote for the Iraq war.

This is racist nonsense, created based purely on hate.
Last edited by Khoranth on Nov 6, 2018, 8:00:07 PM
"
@ Dalai:

Genetic tests might be useful along with medical examination.

No need to separate every child, that is simply cruel and unnecessary.

There was nothing imaginary...

You try to delegitimize his point.

In any given collective you have a certain amount of criminals. That does not justify collective punishments.

P.S.:
Btw Hey, "60 to 80 %", we don´t want to generalize here, hm ? /sarcasm

The number I usually see quoted is 80%. I've seen a couple reports as low as 60% when they cite statistics. The U.N. report I linked had 89%.

It isn't a matter of collective punishment. It is a matter of following a legal process. So long as we tacitly permit illegal immigration, we are enabling all the other illegal activity that comes along with it.

If over 2/3 of the women are sexually abused or raped, it isn't just a "certain amount" of criminals. It is endemic to the illegal process. The cartels control a lot of it now. They charge thousands of dollars, often require people to carry in drugs with them in a backpack, and use the women as they see fit.

The abuse isn't all at the hands of smugglers and other illegal immigrants either. There are cases of border patrol taking advantage of the women. Fortunately, so far, these cases are not common, but they do occur.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info