ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

Seems like we are picking up Senate seats. Really AMAZING considering MSM and TV personalties are totally anti-Trump 24/7. That considered and since most presidents face a midterm house thumping I'd say we did well even in the house not losing to much.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Nov 6, 2018, 11:57:22 PM
Sure, you did well.
And you lost.
The simple truth is the people don't trust Trump. They don't think the economy is doing fine because of him, they think it's doing fine despite him.
Dems are pissed because they lost even more seats in the senate. That means they won't even be able to try to block more justices. Bad news.

Character assassination will be the order of the day should anything happen to any of the sitting supreme court justices. Maybe this time they will make up something really lurid!

Blue wave? Uh, not so much. How many seats did dems lose in Obama's first mid-term? Sure wasn't 25 (or so). Wasn't it like over 50? Can't remember.
Censored.
"
DasName wrote:
Sure, you did well.
And you lost.
The simple truth is the people don't trust Trump. They don't think the economy is doing fine because of him, they think it's doing fine despite him.

The Republicans won huge. No party holds all 3 branches for long, but the Republicans increased power in the Senate, and the Senate is far more powerful than the house.

The Senate controls judge approvals,

This is actually a historic victory for the Republicans. This basically never happens.
Last edited by Khoranth on Nov 7, 2018, 1:08:12 AM
Seems everyone is happy.
"
DalaiLama wrote:

There are analyses showing an increase in deaths (car accidents) in the immediate period after daylight savings time is implemented. The actual purpose of daylight savings time (conserving electricity) doesn't really hold anymore, as the one hour of potential lighting is a very small portion of our energy usage. The confusion and costs generated from mistakes whenever the clock is flipped one way or another is a factor to consider as well.

Well, if I'm remembering correctly the reason for daylight saving's time is because our clocks have to accurately account for earth's tilt towards the sun.

The reason I was confused about it and pissed was because I wasn't sure why the proposition was necessary given the rest of the world has no issues with daylight's savings time. And that it posed a myraid of issues given that 6 billion people around the world would have to obey California's arbitrary decision of changing it's clock whenever it pleased.

If such studies really were important enough for the change why hasn't the rest of the world followed suit and implemented something similar? It just shady as hell.

And I would not be surprised if the proposition has some other thing attached to it. Either by a logical future penalty tax for not following state regulations on having the correct 'time'. Because at that point, you could be charged with endangering lives 'trains, transit, etc...'

Or by having to forming a committee and paying a group of people 'free money' to basically sit on their ass and pretend to research the appropriate health and safety of the rest of the state. And using that same research to push a later proposition through the House of Representatives.

Or a myriad of other schemes that would hurt or benefit some group of people. Who the fuck really knows. People are clever enough to get the most out of anything.

I'd just like to know the details upfront before trying to weed through the legal bullshit to figure out who it really helps and who it really hurts. But yeah, anyway, I voted. I got a sticker. If it really turns out to be more bullshit. I'll just vote it down again after it gets passed.
(⌐■_■)
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
RPGlitch wrote:
Driving to my polling booth in 30 minutes.

Was reading a few propositions earlier for my state. Only thing I'm pissed about is there isn't enough information to make decent choices on a lot of these. And some are downright fishy as fuck.

Apparently, there is one proposition letting the state not the federal government change the daylight saving's time for schools and administrations.

Sounds like a fucking waste of time to me and it's probably only here because of some payroll loop-hole I'm not seeing about paying people overtime, is my best guess.

Pretty sure most people just check yes or no based on their party affiliation. But here I am trying to actually be involved and reasonably educated.

Aggravating.

I've come to rely on Ballotpedia:

https://ballotpedia.org/Main_Page

It's a very useful, genuinely non-partisan (best as I've seen during this political season) site which provides access to pre-election US sample ballots based on your address (including links to some additional information about candidates and issues). You can subscribe for email updates on election trends, some decent analysis, and other useful features. =^[.]^=

I'll look into it. Thanks.
(⌐■_■)
I seriously have mixed feelings regarding the results of this midterms elections.

When the Democrats take control over the House, all I see is a big loss to Donald Trump and the Republicans.

From now on, instead of having real work done, what we will be seeing is lots of fighting, quarreling, arguing, delaying and harassing within the Congress.
34pre98qua
"
stkmro wrote:
I seriously have mixed feelings regarding the results of this midterms elections.

When the Democrats take control over the House, all I see is a big loss to Donald Trump and the Republicans.

From now on, instead of having real work done, what we will be seeing is lots of fighting, quarreling, arguing, delaying and harassing within the Congress.

It is rare for either party to hold all 3 branches of power. And on the rare occasion it happens, it doesn't last long.

Gaining massive ground in the Senate, in a election year when Republicans should expect to lose ground in the house and Senate, is historically amazing.
Last edited by Khoranth on Nov 7, 2018, 2:49:30 AM
The one-party rule was so nice, hm.....

Who needs compromise, checks and balances. Sounds like democracy instead of one leader, must be bad.

Seriously, they´ll get along. Trump can blame the Democrats for not paying the wall now after all his "real work". Every broken promise will be explained like that: Oh I want to , but they don´t let me.

Btw you are aware that you will be paying more taxes again from 2025 on, right ?

He will not be able to blame that on the democrats.

bb
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Nov 7, 2018, 2:52:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info