ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

pfft. I'm just gonna wait for the mods. If that shit isn't edit worthy. I don't know, somebody is sleeping. Hey, guys I don't believe in fact and logic. It's game over for me man.

I give it a B+.
(⌐■_■)

Firefighters blast Trump due to his cold heartless comments

"Firefighters say President Donald Trump's threats to cut off federal payments, after he blamed the California wildfires on "gross mismanagement," are ill-informed, reckless, insulting, and shameful.

Brian K. Rice, president of the California Professional Firefighters union, blasted Trump's comments on Saturday.

"The president’s message attacking California and threatening to withhold aid to the victims of the cataclysmic fires is ill-informed, ill-timed and demeaning to those who are suffering as well as the men and women on the front lines," Rice said in a statement.

"At a time when our every effort should be focused on vanquishing the destructive fires and helping the victims, the president has chosen instead to issue an uninformed political threat aimed squarely at the innocent victims of these cataclysmic fires," the union president continued.

(MORE: The Latest Impacts from the Northern California Camp Fire)

"At this moment, thousands of our brother and sister firefighters are putting their lives on the line to protect the lives and property of thousands. Some of them are doing so even as their own homes lay in ruins. In my view, this shameful attack on California is an attack on all our courageous men and women on the front lines."

Rice pointed out that nearly 60 percent of California forests are under federal management and added, "It is the federal government that has chosen to divert resources away from forest management, not California."

The Pasadena Fire Assn also chimed with with a response to his tweet:

"Mr. President, with all due respect, you are wrong. The fires in So. Cal are urban interface fires and have NOTHING to do with forest management. Come to SoCal and learn the facts & help the victims. Scott Austin, Pres IAFF 809. @IAFFNewsDesk"

"
Mentoya wrote:

"Firefighters say President Donald Trump's threats to cut off federal payments, after he blamed the California wildfires on "gross mismanagement," are ill-informed, reckless, insulting, and shameful.

Brian K. Rice, president of the California Professional Firefighters union, blasted Trump's comments on Saturday.

"The president’s message attacking California and threatening to withhold aid to the victims of the cataclysmic fires is ill-informed, ill-timed and demeaning to those who are suffering as well as the men and women on the front lines," Rice said in a statement.

"At a time when our every effort should be focused on vanquishing the destructive fires and helping the victims, the president has chosen instead to issue an uninformed political threat aimed squarely at the innocent victims of these cataclysmic fires," the union president continued.

(MORE: The Latest Impacts from the Northern California Camp Fire)

"At this moment, thousands of our brother and sister firefighters are putting their lives on the line to protect the lives and property of thousands. Some of them are doing so even as their own homes lay in ruins. In my view, this shameful attack on California is an attack on all our courageous men and women on the front lines."

Rice pointed out that nearly 60 percent of California forests are under federal management and added, "It is the federal government that has chosen to divert resources away from forest management, not California."

The Pasadena Fire Assn also chimed with with a response to his tweet:

"Mr. President, with all due respect, you are wrong. The fires in So. Cal are urban interface fires and have NOTHING to do with forest management. Come to SoCal and learn the facts & help the victims. Scott Austin, Pres IAFF 809. @IAFFNewsDesk"

I'm going to try explain the time line here, so we can get out of the media spin.

The first fire occurred in butte county, that one was definitely related to a wildfire incident. The cause is unknown but it happened off hwy 70. And that was the one Trump'd tweeted about when he first said it was due to the state mismanagement. Which was again inaccurate because the fed's own most of the forest, but Trump says whatever he wants to say because he likes being a dick.

Unfortunately, a second, third, and fourth fire happened in California a few days apart. Yeah, holy fuck. And the one in LA county is definitely not related to any wildfire prevention.

People are confusing the earlier tweets with the fires that happened later, which is severely inaccurate but that's what a lot of news articles do nowadays. But yeah, if you take it out of context like that, Trump sounds like an even worst dick then he really is.

Edit: Actually, correction. He is still talking about forest management. New tweet 18h ago. Nevermind. He is being a dick still, I guess.
(⌐■_■)
Last edited by RPGlitch on Nov 11, 2018, 10:22:16 PM
"
Uh-huh. First off, the "zeal" is easy to explain. Nobody took Trump's candidacy seriously, and that lead into a gigantic fuck up. So. Lesson learnt. There will no longer be such an oversight.

Secondly, try the Bible belt. Trump has a large support within people who, for example, consider women to be too emotionally unbalanced to be allowed into any leadership positions and that they should just stay and take care of home and kids and obediently listen to what their men tell them. Now I wish I was exaggerating, but unfortunately I'm not.

Somebody took it seriously, and you don’t take them seriously. I’m inclined to suggest lesson not learnt.

I’m not within the Bible Belt. I do know many deeply religious people though, and most of them believe in a strong traditional family; however, none hold such antiquated beliefs as female fragility, nor do they condemn working women. This is but one of the generalizations you’ve made over the past few pages.

The point I want you to take away from this is that you are not making a point. I can do the same thing, observe: Some people who support democrats believe gulags were fair and are still a good idea now; Trump opposes communists; you oppose Trump; you are a communist. Kinda weak, eh? That is what you’re doing.

"
Here's a better question: are you a neo-Nazi? Or a KKK member?

Pot, meet kettle; kettle, meet not a better question.

Very few people are. I don’t like them. You don’t like them. Nobody likes them. They don’t like Trump. I don’t even think they like themselves. This is the media filling your head with lies. Trump didn’t tell me to say that, I barely pay attention to the man; I’ve observed it for myself. I think I’ve earned the right to assert that the media lies, frequently, after their narrative about me has been repeated back to me for the past two years.

"
Trump took his side when he didn't condemn the killing off the bat. There was no other guilty party in that event other than the extremists from 'Unite the Right'.

And before you start, no, anti-protesters weren't at fault in the slightest, for a very simple reason: if the extremists weren't having their own little protest going, no anti-protest would've happened either.

But according to Trump, "everybody was at fault". Hey, I bet that you think "everyone was at fault" also when the Third Reich was swept away. If we weren't such racists and bigots and instead tolerated the Nazi empire a little more, we would be living peacefully with them right now!

More misinformation. Trump said there were good people on both sides, and there were bad people on both sides. The media distorted this and repeated it ad infinitum, nonstop, for weeks.

Counter-protesters are not at fault, but not all in opposition were counter-protesters. Anti-protesters, the people wearing black-bloc, initiated violence by first trying to verbally goad protesters into a fight, and eventually resorted to throwing bricks, bottles of urine, and other objects. Prior to this, there was no riot. Let me be clear, antifa are not anti-fascist, and they are not righteous practitioners of first amendment rights; they are militant agitators and aggressors.

"
And before you start, no, anti-protesters weren't at fault in the slightest, for a very simple reason: if the extremists weren't having their own little protest going, no anti-protest would've happened either.

I’m going to quote this one again, because it is especially telling. Americans have first amendment rights, no matter who they are. Yours is the position that breeds racism, my friend. All people, including those with vile views, have the right to be heard. When you stop people before they can speak, you prevent the rational majority from independently rebuking the vile absurdity. Worse yet, you risk silencing good people who deserve to be heard. Quiet resentment builds, and people who once weren’t radical become radicalized.

If you do not learn this lesson soon, then you’re destined for more shootings and other tragedies. Trump was right: there were good people on both sides. Also in attendance were people protesting the white privilege narrative and the identity politics of the left. These people are not racist, and themselves actively opposed fellow protesters of the supremacist bent. Fast forward to today, and not a day has gone by where somebody on the television, radio, or internet hasn’t called them evil bad people. A loud minority is shaming them into silence, and the remainder majority remains silent, or worse, turns them into a straw-man because some of their beliefs align with things Trump says.

"
"
...google what I said to verify...
Aye, and in comes #1 argument that people who've been backed into a corner resort to. Game over, little boy.

#1 argument would be ad hominem, my dude. Ball is in your court now; are you going to shoulder your portion of the burden of responsibility for the weekly tragedies we face?
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Nov 11, 2018, 11:43:55 PM
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
But, um, Trump is smarter than you. Or me. So is Obama.
Speak for yourself. At least I am capable of speaking extemporaneously without a teleprompter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-66xJLd6Z0

I also know how many US states there are, and how to pronounce "corpsman."

Getting elected POTUS, especially as a Democrat, is no sure sign of either intelligence or competence. Those signifiers appear after the election, when the real work begins. =9[.]9=
As I implied earlier, some of us are not so resistant to right-wing propaganda.
"
The biggest joke in the world atm is the fact that Trump can tweet LITERALLY anything and his blind followers will twist his words to something positive. Even if he tweeted "I just had this reporter killed for spreading lies and democrat propaganda. THE SWAMP IS BEING DRAINED!!" you, Scrotie and every other devoted Trump supporter would somehow twist his words to have a positive meaning. Disgusting.
A completely baseless and false accusation. It's possible for Trump to say things I have strong criticism for, e.g. his explanation for signing the omnibus spending bill. Disgusting, indeed.

Edit: If you want a more recent example, as a veteran I kinda agree with this (the main tweet, not the replies). Should've embraced the suck, Donald; I did, and so did many better than me. Not butthurt about it, just a tad disappointed.
"
RPGlitch wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:
You even mention the flaw in your own argument. Trump is a businessman, arguably an expert businessman. That doesn’t make his magic gut work outside business.
No, your right. It being a business man doesn't mean he is great at any of the governmental stuff. Which is why I look into the people he chooses to make those decisions for him.

To be honest, a lot of his first picks for his cabinet all sucked. And a lot of them were pretty questionable as fuck.

But we are 2 years in, and most of the crazy psychos he had in his cabinet have been fired and replaced by more moderate people.

And if you look at the actions the government has done, instead of the crazy shit he is always saying, everything is functioning in a pretty positive way.

The economy is doing well, so he didn't fuck it up. And we aren't in any wars, so the end of the world didn't happen like a lot of people said it would.

I dunno. I'm a action and result oriented person. I really don't care what anyone says if they are doing the right thing and helping people.
Quoted for truthery.
"
Trump has a large support within people who, for example, consider women to be too emotionally unbalanced to be allowed into any leadership positions and that they should just stay and take care of home and kids and obediently listen to what their men tell them. Now I wish I was exaggerating, but unfortunately I'm not.
It's a logical fallacy to infer that, because an ideological movement you strongly disapprove of is fond of a particular person, that person is worthy of your disapproval. For instance, I think it's safe to assume that whatever advocates of Stalinism there are in the US would prefer Democrat candidates to Republican ones, but this doesn't make Democrat candidates Stalinists. This entire line of reasoning of yours is irrational and mired in a moral panic over a (virtually) nonexistent ethnofascist boogeyman, just as it would be if I accused Democrat politicians of dogwhistling to American Stalinists.

In actual reality, women sit in 6 of the 15 Trump-appointed Cabinet seats (40%), and Trump nominated women to 7 of 36 positions in the US Courts of Appeals (19.4%), 27 of 101 positions in the US District Courts (26.7%), and 4 of 15 other judgeships (26.7%). For comparison, 33% of state judgeships nationwide are held by women in 2018, versus 25% a decade ago. 0-2 on SCOTUS (so far) but those aren't the appointments of a radical misogynist.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Nov 12, 2018, 3:47:22 AM
"
Mentoya wrote:

(some snippage of worthless commentary from Mr Rice, who instead of addressing the facts of the matter chose a political stance.)

It was leftist "we must save ALL trees" policy that has brought about the excess fires in California, Oregon, Washington and other areas. Rather than log or clear out dead and sick trees, rather than burn out underbrush, the policy was to let "mother nature" take its course. People who previously managed forests have spoken out about how terrible this policy change was, but "Green" experts and lawsuits shouted down the truth.

Mr Rice knows the essential truth behind what Trump is saying is true. Piss poor forest management is what led to this increase in fires. Long before Europeans came to North America, the Native Americans practiced active forest management.

50 years ago, if beetles infested a large swathe of forest and weakened most of the trees, those trees would be cut down and the area cleared (logged) so that new forest could eventually take its place. Now, those trees are left up like kindling for a lightning strike. All of this because of leftist "every tree is sacred" thinking. The sick trees become the catalyst for an entire forest to be wiped out.

Mr Rice knows this. He chose to twist the focus away from the truth towards state/federal management. Why? Because he cares less about the fires than he does about political gamesmanship.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Turtledove wrote:
You even mention the flaw in your own argument. Trump is a businessman, arguably an expert businessman. That doesn’t make his magic gut work outside business.

IQ tests measure a person's ability to visualize spatial changes, assess sequential structure, and make linguistic extrapolations.

They have nothing to do really with science, or music, or business, or any of a million other things - YET - they are predictive for someone's potential to succeed in many other areas.

Likewise, someone with a brilliant mind can be an utter failure at many tasks because the lack practical abilities such as a hard work ethic.

To be consistently successful requires a modicum of both practicality and a good insight. The "magic gut" of a good CEO or business person isn't just a hunch. It is a matter of insight and experience. It has much in common with the tested hypotheses of a scientist. It lacks the rigorous testing that science usually brings to the table, and has more in common with evolution, in survival of the fittest.

Assuming Trump's "magic gut" doesn't work outside of business is like assuming that the Adenine/Thymine and Guanine/Cytosine bonding that works for shark DNA doesn't work for human DNA.

Just as with evolution, time will tell. Those who care about the truth will learn from the experience. Those that care more about their personal feelings than the truth will not learn.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I like the way he behaves. He strives for the best for America. There are lots of articles discussing history and politics on https://highschoolgems.com. Check them out!
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

IQ tests measure a person's ability to visualize spatial changes, assess sequential structure, and make linguistic extrapolations.

They have nothing to do really with science, or music, or business, or any of a million other things - YET - they are predictive for someone's potential to succeed in many other areas.

Likewise, someone with a brilliant mind can be an utter failure at many tasks because the lack practical abilities such as a hard work ethic.

To be consistently successful requires a modicum of both practicality and a good insight. The "magic gut" of a good CEO or business person isn't just a hunch. It is a matter of insight and experience. It has much in common with the tested hypotheses of a scientist. It lacks the rigorous testing that science usually brings to the table, and has more in common with evolution, in survival of the fittest.

Assuming Trump's "magic gut" doesn't work outside of business is like assuming that the Adenine/Thymine and Guanine/Cytosine bonding that works for shark DNA doesn't work for human DNA.

Just as with evolution, time will tell. Those who care about the truth will learn from the experience. Those that care more about their personal feelings than the truth will not learn.

Reporting is that Trump tends not to listen to experts and to flip flop frequently on direction and decisions. In speeches he frequently brags that he likes to follow his "instincts" and "gut feel". I don't care if he's the smartest person in the world. These are worrisome characteristics in a President, at least to me.

To bring this back to its original context, I was responding to this.

"
RPGlitch wrote:

The problem is that people who aren't scientists are the ones offering solutions. Yeah, let me get my doctor to fix my plumbing. Hold on, he doesn't know how to use a wrench? Oh well.

Trump probably without any expert consulting was the one that made the silly claim as to what the core problem was that caused the wildfires. That was Forest Management by California. This was silly for two reasons. First 60% of the forests in California are managed by the federal government. Second, experts say that Forest Management is not the cause. Now I don't think RPGlitch was referring to Trump in his paragraph above. I just pointed out that he could have been.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Trump wants in on the action? Yuck.

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info