[3.1] Facetank w 15-19k EHP - The Immortal Spectre Summoner (all specs, hyper important for HC)

"
Shomix wrote:
Your profile is private so i cannot check your character, but i assure you this build can melt all content (im farming guardian maps, and everything melts). Check my character for reference, see what you're missing

Thanks Shomix. Is it essential to use animate guardian?
And the only way to heal spectres is to use Convocation? Don't they die frequintly on boss fights?
Your gems are severely underleveled. Your desecrate creates lvl 69 corpses, so your spectres are only level 69, thats why they aren't killing anything and dying.

Try to get 5l vis mortis, it should be fairly cheap.

Try to get lvl 20 gems, atleast for main skills (spectres, desecrate etc)

Good place to grab high level spectres is Obas Cursed trove map, it's final room is lvl 84, and lvl 84 spectres are unkillable and melt stuff (but you need level 20 desecrate to spawn high lvl corpses). Also, last two ascendancy points are huge difference, try to get those as soon as you can.

There are few % regen nodes for minions, i think i have one, i don't remember when my spectre died last time.

Animate guardian is not needed, i don't really thing it's doing much since Solar Guards are killing stuff before guarding comes close, i just had a spare red gem slot so i threw him there
Last edited by Shomix on Feb 6, 2018, 10:19:12 AM
"
aefoa wrote:
"
Shomix wrote:
Your profile is private so i cannot check your character, but i assure you this build can melt all content (im farming guardian maps, and everything melts). Check my character for reference, see what you're missing

Thanks Shomix. Is it essential to use animate guardian?
And the only way to heal spectres is to use Convocation? Don't they die frequintly on boss fights?

AG is only required to enable Tukohama Vanguards. For Solar Guards they only provide some QoL (like movespeed from Victario's Flight).

First thing on your profile is that you didn't understand the CWDT mechanic. The order of the gems is important. So you put Unearth in the top left socket to trigger it before Spirit Offering.

You don't actively heal your Spectres, they just don't die if you follow the rules. Convocation is mostly a QoL spell for bad map layouts where your minions may get stuck.

Thing is, Spectre level is determined by the lowest of: zone level, Desecrate level and Raise Spectre level. Your lvl16 Desecrate is the limiting factor here: It only allows for lvl69 corpses. So you buy yourself a random item with +2 chaos skills and put Desecrate in there.

For all other questions, please read Natts guide "Burning Spectres..". It has 400++ pages for a reason. You just use different Spectres: Solar Guards over Tukohama Vanguards.
Wow, thank you guys so much for valuable information!
My only concern now is wether to learn Elem equilibrium or not, since ball lightning is slow and most of the time minions attack before me and it makes opposite effect :) But yeah, if i actually manage to first hit boss with ball lightning, i can clearly see how much more damage spectres do in that scenario.

P.S.: my previous message when i asked why spectres do no damage was posted at the time when i was lvl 69 with no ascendancy skills for damage. Now damage is decent, but could be better for bosses anyway :)
Last edited by aefoa on Feb 6, 2018, 11:15:21 AM
Minions cant Trigger elemental equilibrium therefore your problem is not existent and EE is extremely powerful and a must have

Also you will need slower projectiles instead of gmp for bosses.
Last edited by airparisderjesus on Feb 6, 2018, 2:15:32 PM
Hi

I have made the links.

Why is it not working for me.

It procs and by max ES increases but i dont get anny heal to it.

whats wrong ?

pls Help.
Yeah my spectres die a lot now too using a similar build. Atziri and shaper kill them, minotaur can too. I'm using TVs.

I've got 116% minion life, and my helmet has lvl 18 minion life in it as well. Dunno why they are dying..

Oddly my golems show 198% minion life, even tho they aren't linked to anything, but they die super fast too.

I'm using lvl 20 desecrate as well, with 84 spectres.

But yeah this build is far from immortal. YOu can easily die to degens and chaos dmg.
malformation boss, necropolis boss both can kill u very easily.

Heck I was even one shot twice in oba by some chaos dmg. My stats are 5518 life 6687 es btw.

The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.
Last edited by macsdf1 on Feb 9, 2018, 8:34:20 PM
Been testing this a bit on Standard:

Spoiler
4L
CWDT
Unearth
GMP
LMP

4L
CWDT
Spirit Offering
Bone Offering
Immortal Call

4L
CWDT (LVL20)
Molten Shell (LVL20)
Enfeeble (LVL20)
Temp Chains (LVL20)

6L
CWC
Scorching Ray
Unearth
GMP
LMP
Spirit Offering

It seems fine for general mapping and most bosses, but I'm not sure this can be relied upon as a primary defense in certain challenging scenarios though, at least not in HC. I wasn't able to sustain against Minotaur and the falling rocks on a map with only one damage mod. Unless there's something I'm not doing correctly?

Edit 2/13:
Forgot that any spell on CWDT shares cooldown with copies of that spell on another link. Removed Unearth from the CWC link. Added a separate CWDT-Desecrate-Cascade link:

Spoiler
4L
CWDT
Unearth
GMP
LMP

3L
CWDT
Spirit Offering
Bone Offering

3L
CWDT
Increased Duration
Immortal Call

4L
CWDT
Desecrate
Cascade
Frost Wall

3L (all 20/20)
CWDT
Temp Chains
Enfeeble

I was at around 13k EHP (less than the OP, since I want to see how the build performs with Shavs/Presence/DreamFrags for immunities) and 69/75 block with Bone Offering up. Still at risk of being burst down vs. super rippy map mods or certain bosses, but quite tanky. Not quite immortal, but still really good. Maybe if I give up DreamFrags and Shavs it'll push my EHP past the threshold and into immortal territory?
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Feb 13, 2018, 10:40:53 AM
question, would it be more effective to have 2 setups, 1 cwdt unerath gmp volley and 1 cwdt spirit offeing? so that they dont have to rotate? as i understand it cwdt will fire the first skill on the first 500 dmg taken then the next (spirit offering) on the next 500. am i wrong?

just checked wiki and apparently they do fire at the same time once you take the 500 damage but if this is the case why sometimes do i see an unearth fire but not get consumed?
Last edited by muddzlinga on Feb 12, 2018, 9:58:33 PM
Yeah you can't rely on this defence mechanism

some bosses will wreck your face with it, the trio in Arena ate my breakfast, all those chaos clouds was quite nasty

Whereas my CI Guardian SRS/spectre/Animated weapon summoner breezed through it

Last edited by CoolColJ on Feb 12, 2018, 10:51:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info