[3.1] Freezing Pulse - Elementalist - Pen Stack - Guardian/Shaper/Uber Atziri Viable

Tried this build as well.. The damage never went more than 120k on the tooltip.
Wonder what I did wrong..
BTW - on the entisiats which is about to try this build

- You cant run maps with it higher than T10.
- You cant run Mercy Lab with it.
Indi game developer, passionate gamer, 22 year of programming, 32 years of playing RPG's started with books and board games.

If Your characters tab is set to private - Your arguments is already invalid!
Last edited by BlazeSTX on Mar 7, 2018, 5:23:45 PM
Tried this build as Assasins. General mapping is easy. Decoy totem for bosses/lab help alot. But on guardian elder or elder himself my life leech sustain not enough even with warlord mark. Always run out pot during that fight. Dps about 300k with 9 power charge, arcane surge, golem and flask.

Here my gears
"
xBayoeLx wrote:
Tried this build as Assasins. General mapping is easy. Decoy totem for bosses/lab help alot. But on guardian elder or elder himself my life leech sustain not enough even with warlord mark. Always run out pot during that fight. Dps about 300k with 9 power charge, arcane surge, golem and flask.

Here my gears

i think you should try with elementalist, cause curse effect reduce a lot in elder/shaper. Elementalist new ascendancy has 0.5% lifeleech, it more than warlord mark and solve a problem about leech and you can use other curse.
Best Freeze Pulse build ever - I have tried many. I am lvl 91 and having a blast. I can run any mobs including tier 16 maps without any problems.

Since we do not need to cast a fire skill anymore for the cold pen buff, I have put arcane surge at lvl 8 on with orb of storms and power charge in crit and increased duration. Since I tap orb of storms every mob I get arcane surge and max power charges (via Inya's Slippers) for every mob! Nice! It is less button work and 'lazier'.

The Paragon of Calamity is a must as ele reflect maps are now no problem too.

Not really Guardian/Shaper/Uber viable for me but that may be my poor play ability.

very expensive for top tier , endgame gear, but what build is not expensive for endgame gear.

Best Freeze Pulse build I have ever seen!! Thanks.
@OP Will this build be updated for 3.2?
As I am reading the guide, one thing that occurs to me is - how do you actually chill bosses?
Like guardians and shaper + elder. I know that starting with 3.0 there were changed to this and I think you need to deal certain minimal % dmg of boss HP in one hit to proc chill (at 1% effect) for 2 seconds.

Can you say that you simply always meet this threshold no matter the dmg?
E.g. even a budget FP build with much lower tooltip DPS will still chill the boss?

I ask because without the ability to chill at all times, hypothermia and Pandemonius lose their main effects.
I am aware that you can chill bosses with flask, but that's fairly innefective and a loss of a flask slot at that.

Might be a lame question but last time I played any chill build was glacial hammer which was prior to 3.0 so the mechanics were a lot different :)

And on a different note - ever thought about building this with Occultist and ES-based?
There are some pretty neat ascendancy skills allowing for ES regen. On top of that either an extra power charge or more curses (+ cursing hexproof enemies).

That would also allow for the famous low-life Shavronne's Wrappings for 30% more spell dmg. Though I am aware that it sacrifices Elementalist's penetration (the outcome would be almost the same in many cases).

The aim of ES-based build would be to boost the effective health pool. Of course this dumps MoM but allows to reserve that mana for must-have Discipline which should lead to more HP.

Any thoughts on that? Or perhaps someone tried?
Last edited by Siliarus on Apr 17, 2018, 6:56:37 AM
"
Siliarus wrote:
As I am reading the guide, one thing that occurs to me is - how do you actually chill bosses?
Like guardians and shaper + elder. I know that starting with 3.0 there were changed to this and I think you need to deal certain minimal % dmg of boss HP in one hit to proc chill (at 1% effect) for 2 seconds.

Can you say that you simply always meet this threshold no matter the dmg?
E.g. even a budget FP build with much lower tooltip DPS will still chill the boss?

I ask because without the ability to chill at all times, hypothermia and Pandemonius lose their main effects.
I am aware that you can chill bosses with flask, but that's fairly innefective and a loss of a flask slot at that.

Might be a lame question but last time I played any chill build was glacial hammer which was prior to 3.0 so the mechanics were a lot different :)

And on a different note - ever thought about building this with Occultist and ES-based?
There are some pretty neat ascendancy skills allowing for ES regen. On top of that either an extra power charge or more curses (+ cursing hexproof enemies).

That would also allow for the famous low-life Shavronne's Wrappings for 30% more spell dmg. Though I am aware that it sacrifices Elementalist's penetration (the outcome would be almost the same in many cases).

The aim of ES-based build would be to boost the effective health pool. Of course this dumps MoM but allows to reserve that mana for must-have Discipline which should lead to more HP.

Any thoughts on that? Or perhaps someone tried?

I am doing a perma freeze FP build. Unfortunately, i dont think its viable for end game bosses because they are immune to freeze and you cannot scale your damage high enough to chill them much. Even on t6 eradicator, and with pretty much maxed out chill bonuses from the tree, the chill effect is not noticeable at all.

The easy way is to take beacon of ruin to always chill bosses by at least 10% but i cannot see a reason to go for cold damage at all. The only reason to go cold over fire/lightning is for the freeze, and it just doesnt work on end game bosses. If you are not freezing the boss, you may as well go fire as str at least gives you HP, and lightning does way more damage.
"
I am doing a perma freeze FP build. Unfortunately, i dont think its viable for end game bosses because they are immune to freeze and you cannot scale your damage high enough to chill them much. Even on t6 eradicator, and with pretty much maxed out chill bonuses from the tree, the chill effect is not noticeable at all.

The easy way is to take beacon of ruin to always chill bosses by at least 10% but i cannot see a reason to go for cold damage at all. The only reason to go cold over fire/lightning is for the freeze, and it just doesnt work on end game bosses. If you are not freezing the boss, you may as well go fire as str at least gives you HP, and lightning does way more damage.

You chill bosses anyway. Even if it's not noticeable because the effect is very low it still is a chill and you can benefit from that (with stuff like hypothermia).

BTW if you want to go perma freeze then I would say FP is a good candidate but you will need to stack freeze duration. I used to try a build like that for Glacial Hammer and jewels worked wonders there for freeze duration. It basically reduces the minimal %hp dmg to boss needed to proc it.

With crit based FP, this could be even easier perhaps?
Yes but beacon of ruin gives you 10% chill anyway.

Even with 4x freeze duration jewels, it still wasnt enough for t14/t15 maps where monsters/bosses have extra life.

I just switched to a crit based build so hopefully things will improve.
i made this build in Flashback event.
Its powerfull after FP buff :)
But im intersting why liege of primordial not a shaper of desolation ? (in elementalist )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info