3.8 New Queens Escape + Baron - super fast physical skeletons + zombies

"
omixo wrote:
Hi, I'm loving the build so far, some days ago I leveled the character up and I'm doing some maps now, still with the building equipment.

There's so much I need to get still that I'm gettin some option paralysys... I got dropped an Exalted orb and was wondering if you guys would give me some instructions or priorities to which items I should go for first!

This is my current build (won't use any unset ring in the final build):

Thanks ^^

I hope you did not spend so much on getting that weapon and chest five linked. If you did not, that's good because you need to save up for queen's escape and a belly of the beast. Belly is not necessary if you have a great 5 link with high health. but even then a 40% increased life belly will be very good to your survivability. If you want my old old belly 5 linked and my 4 linked queen's escape, shoot me a pm and I will sell them to you.

but yeah, queen's escape is your goal next and also a belly of the beast.
Can you add a flasks section to the first post? I’m not really sure what flasks I should be running for this/what would be helpful defense/damage wise.

Thanks!!
"
totalhavok3 wrote:
Can you add a flasks section to the first post? I’m not really sure what flasks I should be running for this/what would be helpful defense/damage wise.

Thanks!!

I'd say the flask options are pretty open, You'll pretty much only be swapping in and out what you'd need. I myself am running with 3 Quicksilver flasks so far just in case I get caught into a long corridor dead end.

But if I could make some suggestions, I'd say a health flask of staunching (anti-bleed) would be ideal to keep your regen at full. Maybe a warding flask to counteract maps with Temporal Chains or Elemental Weakness. Since much of your MP will be reserved, probably use a Divine Flask for mana due to its faster recovery speed.

End of the day I'm probably going to roll Life/Quicksilver/2 Element flasks (for the temporary max increase)/Mana with whatever mod picks my fancy

EDIT: Oh right, I definitely also recommend one of them have the "of Heat" suffix, because getting frozen in the epicenter of a strongbox with "Detonate Dead" is as nice as it sounds :v
Last edited by Dragei on Jun 13, 2018, 4:44:40 PM
What should I be using for a 6l zombie?

I have a 3B/3R belly and i dont have a max level empower(ideal).

Why is maim/melee splash recommended in skeletons, but not in zombies?
What are the pros/cons of fortify vs ruthless or faster attacks.
Been following this build since start of league and now in a position to try a few things.

Following an idea I swopped out my Queen's Escape for a Femurs of the Saints and the lag killed me - literally! Has anyone else tried this weapon and if so what was your experience with it.

Also played with the Minion Speed gem in the Saints staff and it was like the skellies were on red bull - fun to watch and seemingly very effective - any point using this gem in the Queens?

Thoughts welcome

thanks

C
"
What should I be using for a 6l zombie?

I have a 3B/3R belly and i dont have a max level empower(ideal).

Why is maim/melee splash recommended in skeletons, but not in zombies?
What are the pros/cons of fortify vs ruthless or faster attacks.

Skeletons have faster natural attack speed, so they should apply maim faster than zombies. It's not a hard and fast rule, so feel free to put maim in with zombies if you like.

Fortify gives zombies a much smaller damage boost, but they take 20% less damage from hits, so it's a great defensive boost for them. Faster attacks is great for effective DPS, but you'd need a green slot. Ruthless is good for stunning monsters occasionally, which really helps survivability. Ruthless adds good DPS on paper, but since you're relying on the 3rd hit to deal damage and stun, the effective DPS is not actually that high. (If a monster is on really low life after 2 hits, the damage from the third is wasted). The ruthless stun gets very short vs bosses unfortunately. Multistrike adds good dps, but similar to ruthless, if the monster dies on the first hit, the second 2 hits animation are wasted.

The upshot is that there is no clear best in show for the last red slot. Try different gems and see which one pleases you more.
"
Following an idea I swopped out my Queen's Escape for a Femurs of the Saints and the lag killed me - literally! Has anyone else tried this weapon and if so what was your experience with it.

Also played with the Minion Speed gem in the Saints staff and it was like the skellies were on red bull - fun to watch and seemingly very effective - any point using this gem in the Queens?

This incursion league seems to have way more lag than previous leagues :(
The first time I got rid of queen's escape, I hated it. I missed the minion move speed so much. Adding move speed to a queens escape only means the difference between very fast, and very very fast, so is probably not worth giving up the damage IMO.

I noticed that if you pay a bit more attention to where you place your skellies, giving up the minion speed is not so bad. Especially since vaal skellies can be cast more now, I think femurs, Incursion minion rares, or ahns heritate + wyrmscale + mon'treguls are equally good options to replace the queens escape.
"

Thanks!!

I'd say the flask options are pretty open, You'll pretty much only be swapping in and out what you'd need. I myself am running with 3 Quicksilver flasks so far just in case I get caught into a long corridor dead end.

But if I could make some suggestions, I'd say a health flask of staunching (anti-bleed) would be ideal to keep your regen at full. Maybe a warding flask to counteract maps with Temporal Chains or Elemental Weakness. Since much of your MP will be reserved, probably use a Divine Flask for mana due to its faster recovery speed.

End of the day I'm probably going to roll Life/Quicksilver/2 Element flasks (for the temporary max increase)/Mana with whatever mod picks my fancy

EDIT: Oh right, I definitely also recommend one of them have the "of Heat" suffix, because getting frozen in the epicenter of a strongbox with "Detonate Dead" is as nice as it sounds :v

Wise post, thanks. Added 'flasks' to the items section at the front.
Last edited by grimlock9999 on Jun 13, 2018, 8:16:34 PM
Please explain why in Gem section you say "Vaal Skeletons" but later never mention them and in your item section and profile you use Usual Skeletons. In which circumstances which are better? Do other 5 gems in a weapon vary if you use vaal/non vaal?
"

Please explain why in Gem section you say "Vaal Skeletons" but later never mention them and in your item section and profile you use Usual Skeletons. In which circumstances which are better? Do other 5 gems in a weapon vary if you use vaal/non vaal?

In 3.3, Vaal skeletons can also cast normal skeletons, making the one gem able to cast two spells. The first spell is identical to normal skeleton gem, the second skill is the vaal version that needs souls to ramp up.

In all circumstances, vaal skeletons are better, it at least gives you the option of casting the vaal version. Anywhere you read plain old 'skeletons', feel free to replace it with 'vaal skeletons'.

Since normal skeletons could only hit with melee, their supports are all melee. Since the majority of the vaal summons are melee, most people, including myself, just use the same 5 support gems as the normal melee skellies.

But...

Vaal skeletons summons a few mages a few archers and a general. This makes it hard for your support gems to buff every minion type in the vaal spell. Brutality will make the mage skeletons do zero damage. projectile supports will enhance the archers, but not the general or the melee skellies. So you may see some people in the thread talk about dropping brutality to help the caster skellies do some damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info