[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

These gloves feel like they're amazing for this build. Am I wrong?

"
Miyavi wrote:
So.. I've got a problem. Maybe someone could help me out here.

I just bought a Berek's and I've been using a Call of the Brotherhood until I got it.
I switch it for the Berek's and dropped Herald of Ice... just to find that my damage in packs decreased dramatically. Also, I got more energy back using only Call.

I'm not sure if using Choir of the Storms (don't have it yet) will change things a lot... but I'm finding the change weird.

Maybe the synergy of Mind of the Council and Herald of Ice and this build is higher than we initially thought?

I'm actually thinking of running both, actually.

Any thoughts on this?

What tier are you in? I've had no issues with clearspeed so far in similar gear.
"
Miyavi wrote:

I just bought a Berek's and I've been using a Call of the Brotherhood until I got it.
I switch it for the Berek's and dropped Herald of Ice... just to find that my damage in packs decreased dramatically. Also, I got more energy back using only Call.

I'm not sure if using Choir of the Storms (don't have it yet) will change things a lot... but I'm finding the change weird.

Maybe the synergy of Mind of the Council and Herald of Ice and this build is higher than we initially thought?

Any thoughts on this?

I'm running HoI as well, and it definitely feels smoother. The icesplosions are just great at chaining and clearing out the trash at the outer edges of the pack, where Inpulsa's damage doesn't quite reach. Makes it so I can usually just tap&run packs well into red maps.

Now, mind You I'm running this as an MF variant with some deviation from the guide - most significantly, I'm not running mind of the council atm, and I don't utilize assassin's mark CoH. For MFing in mid-tiers (I'm running up to t13 atm), so I value the smoother clears over the extra survivability of an optimally setup MoM. Clear would still be fast without HoI, I'd just have to rely entirely on LW for movement and let the arc casts between the LW procs mop up the stragglers. With HoI, I can pop an adrenaline and gain a little distance until LW becomes usable again.
"
Miyavi wrote:

Any thoughts on this?

The most important roll on your inpulsa is low, which is
shocked enemies explode, you want at least 8%.

If you switch your abyss jewels for 15% spell/lightning damage + 15% crit multiplier
you should notice a big diference, in pob it shows you have like 65k average hit for Arc thats low, if you change jewels you can reach 81k already dropping herald of ice, and if you buy arc 21/0 u reach 95k average hit. So if you invest like 1ex(arc) + 20c(jewels) you get +30k damage ( plus a opal ring is nice too, like 5-8k more damage ).

And yes Choir is going to give you more damage, but is better to improve what i listed before.
Last edited by Ithras on Jun 9, 2018, 7:06:40 PM
Yeah, I was comparing my PoB to OP's... and I realized I'm lacking A LOT in crit damage.

That's going to be one of my focuses... but I see most of the crit I can get comes just from jewels.
Last edited by Miyavi on Jun 9, 2018, 8:00:37 PM
"
Orlog wrote:
"
chancer wrote:

This ring seems to be pretty sick and can be used instead of the rare ring if one can get resists elsewhere. I got a stygian belt instead of darkness enthroned to cover my resist and the damage is even sicker as it basically adds 60% inc dmg. The 10% chance to shock is also very useful and it also has leech and mana. T16 Guardians get obliterated. Here's my gear if anyone is interested:

But u wear opal, so opal still better? Not bad ring, but not for 60c.

Pretty sure that ring out damages most opals by a large margin. It just doesn't have resists and life that you can get on an Opal.

I was actually thinking about making a few modifications to pick up Paragon of Calamity. Needing to reroll maps because of ele reflect is super annoying.

So what I'm thinking is you drop Mastermind for Paragon, negating the need for Berek's. Replace Berek's with Valako's for more damage.
I'm just not sure how the damage tradeoff looks vs bosses with Valako's vs. the penetration from Mastermind. I'm guessing general mapping, Valako's damage will be higher.

EDIT: Did a quick PoB, looks like it's a net loss. Mastermind gives way more damage than I expected.
Last edited by Yoluun on Jun 9, 2018, 11:10:25 PM

Works really well dodge and evasion wise! So far, I'm melting uber Izaro without getting hit. You start the battle with no mana, but it reaches full mana in less than a second.
Is this build unkillable and tanky in bosses with all the needed gear? or its a glasscannon build?
Last edited by yissus on Jun 9, 2018, 11:01:57 PM
Has anyone tried going scion ele/pathfinder, feels like perma flasks with pf would give alot more damage and life/mana sustain than going ele/inquisitor?
"
yissus wrote:
Is this build unkillable and tanky in bosses with all the needed gear? or its a glasscannon build?

No, you utilize evasion/dodge to so you don't get hit. When you do get hit, you use the life gain hit from barrage to regain life.

Edit: Some cases, you can spam your barrage to constantly regain life. The boss' damage may be negligible allowing you to face tank.
Last edited by blaza192 on Jun 10, 2018, 12:56:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info