[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

Noob question but does "Increased elemental damage with attack skills" for belts do anything for this build or not? Since we aren't actually doing the damage with frenzy/barrage but rather the spells they trigger I assume it doesn't but I'm not sure
Last edited by dylan33 on Jun 10, 2018, 1:20:53 AM
No, we deal all of our damage with spells.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Jun 10, 2018, 3:52:03 AM
Is frenzy not the first choice instead of barrage to trigger poet's pen because barrage gives more projectiles for life on hit support?
Would increased elemental damage with attack skills on ring work with this build or does it need to be just increased elemental damage?
You should generally just use Frenzy most of the time. Only use Barrage for life gain on hit, and culling strike vs bosses, while using Frenzy and Orb of Storms from time to time, to maintain your frenzy and power charges throughout the fight.

Also get gloves with faster attacks so it matches fully linked barrage attack speed. I've actually made them attack at exactly same speed once I'm buffed with frenzy charges by partly qualifying gems. Same speed on all pens too... Pretty cool to have it consistent for later on to further tweak attack speed with other gear.

@UP Elemental damage with attacks does literally nothing for this build. We have no ele attack damage at all. Only spell damage.
Last edited by Lirhtim on Jun 10, 2018, 8:16:03 AM
"
You should generally just use Frenzy most of the time. Only use Barrage for life gain on hit, and culling strike vs bosses, while using Frenzy and Orb of Storms from time to time, to maintain your frenzy and power charges throughout the fight.

Also get gloves with faster attacks so it matches fully linked barrage attack speed. I've actually made them attack at exactly same speed once I'm buffed with frenzy charges by partly qualifying gems. Same speed on all pens too... Pretty cool to have it consistent for later on to further tweak attack speed with other gear.

@UP Elemental damage with attacks does literally nothing for this build. We have no ele attack damage at all. Only spell damage.

why on earth would u use frenzy? I'm standing on 3.5 attack speed with barrage. if I'll use 6 link and put culling strike i'll have 3.68~ attack speed so you don't really need more attack speed coming from frenzy charges. The moment you reach 3.75-3.8 you actuaclly start to lose dps becuase spells won't be casted 4 times per sec because you have too much attack speed. you can see that easy when you use ball lightning.

I just removed frezny totally and i'm gonna use 1 golem, either ice or life per sec golem.

btw you can use lightning golem for more attack & cast speed.

maybe I missed something with frenzy? and you can share your thoughts about why use frenzy
Hey all,

I have some questions about some game mechanics...

3.3 brought us new corruption implicits. I want to focus on 3 of them:

1. Grants Level 10 Elemental Weakness Skill

2. 5-7% chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike

3. Damage Penetrates 8%-10% Elemental Resistances

I'm trying to understand how each one works.

Grants Level 10 Elemental Weakness Skill:
Is this automatically casted on hit by the skill inserted to the wand (arc)? is it automatically casted as a curse and it will remove assassin's mark? or its a skill that is added to us and we need to manually cast it as a curse?

5-7% chance to gain a Power Charge on Critical Strike

Is this globally? I mean will this apply to all our attacks that crit? (barrage, arc, ball lightning)? or it will only apply the skill/spell that is inserted to the specific wand with this corruption. I was thinking maybe it can replace power charge on crit support + orb of storms and maybe we can use golems or something else there.
btw, do they stack? if i get 2 wands i'll have 10-14% chance to gain a power charge on critical strike?

Damage Penetrates 8%-10% Elemental Resistances

same as the previous question, is it global and applied from any damage source? will it apply to both arc and ball lightning? and also does it stack if i get 2 wands with this implicit?

thanks in advance for the answers.

I need to learn how to use path of building :)

For the most part, build is close to done. At the point, going to be looking hard to upgrade jewels and perhaps looking for dual corruption poet pens. Can also look at upgrading gear, but it's going to be rather minimal at this point I think.

Uber elder down, dat was pretty hard.

No jewel ofc. :(

Btw, looking on the mark of the shaper, and it looks interesting.
Last edited by iamjustacrazy on Jun 10, 2018, 11:17:28 AM
"
iamjustacrazy wrote:

Btw, looking on the mark of the shaper, and it looks interesting.

Sick ring but problem is what would we replace the bereks leech with?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info