[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
When reading through this I see the general consensus is that the damage more than enough for most of the content. Still, most are using Mastermind over Paragon. Won't the damage be enough still when taking Paragon? I know the lightning penetration is huge so boss fights will take longer but if you are better able to sustain these fights and not worry about reflect, ever, won't that just make life easier?

I was considering it, but Paragon is not needed as long as you have a bereks on you. And dropping Mastermind just hits at around 15-20 less damage which is quite substantial. And from my experience last league you can do uber atziri if you are carefull and swap out arc for shock nova with conc. Also you either drop Herald of Thunder completely then or you lose some more ehp.
"
tom333 wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
When reading through this I see the general consensus is that the damage more than enough for most of the content. Still, most are using Mastermind over Paragon. Won't the damage be enough still when taking Paragon? I know the lightning penetration is huge so boss fights will take longer but if you are better able to sustain these fights and not worry about reflect, ever, won't that just make life easier?

I was considering it, but Paragon is not needed as long as you have a bereks on you. And dropping Mastermind just hits at around 15-20 less damage which is quite substantial. And from my experience last league you can do uber atziri if you are carefull and swap out arc for shock nova with conc. Also you either drop Herald of Thunder completely then or you lose some more ehp.

I'm playing Paragon, with herald, without any loss (damage and ehp), it's just more expensive, but I don't need to swap anything to do ALL content (not even a second poet's pen setup).
Last edited by Nekikool on Jun 11, 2018, 1:17:21 PM
"
damonloth wrote:
this build can wort without inpulsa on start?

Yes, I used 2c 5 links simple robe and farmed up to T7 until I bought an Inpulsa. Just make sure you have enough res and life, you will be fine.
Example:
http://poe.trade/search/kasegatotutaru
Last edited by MrBoo on Jun 11, 2018, 2:07:09 PM
Hello!

I'm playing the MF version of the build blasting Burial Chambers for the juicy Doctor drops. However, I tend to get bored of running the same map over and over again, and eventually want to do some higher level mapping (T11+). What gear piece would you say to be the most beneficial for the build to switch to from MF? I see Berek's is pretty much mandatory, however I can't see how we benefit from the Council mask if we have already have mana sustain. I was also wondering if you guys ever used Stormfire with the Lightning dmg can Ignite mod. I think it would be a good combo with our heavy lightning damage focused build. Thanks in advance.

edit: Also guide says instant leech. How is that possible to achieve?
Last edited by phobia90s on Jun 11, 2018, 3:55:57 PM
I noticed stormfire as well. Could cause pretty big ignites I guess.
Also, would a lightning Volkuur's Guidance work. Since the lightning hits so fast both from arc and ball lightning I'd say you could stack a lot of poisons and the stats aren't too shabby for this build either.
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
"
phobia90s wrote:

edit: Also guide says instant leech. How is that possible to achieve?

Well, not literally, but we have something very close with barrage + gmp + life gain on hit support. So we effectively have normal leech and pseudo instant leech at once. That's very strong synergy, the only better thing is if we could also get slayer's overleech.

Technically it's possible for everyone playing Ascendant, but would probably lose quite a bit of dmg.

@Edit Respecced for science, actually damage loss is probably lesser than one would expect, there is small dmg increase while leeching, you get free cull on all of your attacks instead of just barrage, you can also swap out cull gem for LMP for even better heal against bosses.

Coupled with overleech it's great qol, especially if I'll ever want to run lab, which I probably will. I think I'll stick with slayer for a while. :D
Last edited by Lirhtim on Jun 11, 2018, 7:06:43 PM
Gonna be attempting this build on an initial 2 ex budget. Gonna be an interesting experience.

Great guide btw looking forward to seeing where this build can take me.
"
tom333 wrote:
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:

Was looking at your character and wondering how you got your jewels. Did you just craft them?
At mom I'm at Level 82 as my League Starter amd I've a blast until now. Was pretty lucky on Drops/Trades and this is my actual Gear:
Spoiler

Next buy is completing my secon Pen-Setup and a Choir (think tomorrow it will be completed). My Res is designed (when I finally enchant my Gloves) that I can switch in a Kaom's Root and still be capped. Any suggestions to my Gear? Gems need to be leveled and enchants are on the plan too. Btw: Which Helmenchant is the way to go now?
"
Borat187 wrote:
Btw: Which Helmenchant is the way to go now?

I'm not sure which the best is currently but I'm really liking this one:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info