[3.4] Teleports Behind You - Poet's Pen Lightning Warp & Arc, MF / Facetank t16 / Shaper / U. Elder

"
Darksiders25 wrote:
"
rel4us wrote:
Here is a demo game play, lvl 75 hydra, i fucked up so 1 death, but i did it on the clearing so it's lower DPS, and still :DD you will see, it's uploading now, it will be up in 10-15 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrNUR82zBQs&feature=youtu.be

i'll watch it. I'm sending you a pm. man if that is the case it's such a small world lol.

just watched it, both that and the uber elder from last season. man it looks sick.

I don't understand how u survive tho, with less than 4K hp. I saw you have a lot of mana but most of the time it's pretty low I assume from the flast use that heals you in return. still I don't understand how you don't get one shotted :)

Well, 4K life with MoM of 50% is like 8K, also, i'm immune to physical, with 79% all res (will be 80 after i'll level some more), also, I got all resists balanced, so in total I got 15% reduced elemental damage taken, so in total, my effective life is very high
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
"
Yoluun wrote:
"
rel4us wrote:
Here is a demo game play, lvl 75 hydra, i fucked up so 1 death, but i did it on the clearing so it's lower DPS, and still :DD you will see, it's uploading now, it will be up in 10-15 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrNUR82zBQs&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for sharing! Just watched it. The damage is quite impressive. How carefully do you have to manage your flask usage?

I forget to use them most of the times :D
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
About Mind of the Council...

OP states:
This node has great synergy with the Mind of the Council helmet, especially because this build shocks enemies dozens of times per second.

However, the Wiki says:
Shocks inflicted on enemies trigger the Recover 3% of Maximum Mana when you Shock an Enemy modifier. This is applied once for each enemy shocked, not per cast or attack.

So it doesn't matter if you shock a target multiple times. You only get the 3% mana once per enemy shocked. Typically, I think the first hit already shocks the target (while you are still full mana) so I wonder if this helm really is the best choice. How does it work in practice? Do you really notice better mana management? With MoM it's easy to run out of mana when being zerged.

Reread your quote ant think. Not per cast but per applied shock. 1 Ball lightning hits like 6-7 times a second. So you apply a shock 6-7 times per second.

It does work. As long you have ball lightning flying around your mana just tops off permanently.
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
About Mind of the Council...

OP states:
This node has great synergy with the Mind of the Council helmet, especially because this build shocks enemies dozens of times per second.

However, the Wiki says:
Shocks inflicted on enemies trigger the Recover 3% of Maximum Mana when you Shock an Enemy modifier. This is applied once for each enemy shocked, not per cast or attack.

So it doesn't matter if you shock a target multiple times. You only get the 3% mana once per enemy shocked. Typically, I think the first hit already shocks the target (while you are still full mana) so I wonder if this helm really is the best choice. How does it work in practice? Do you really notice better mana management? With MoM it's easy to run out of mana when being zerged.

See this FAQ post by Mark_GGG:

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Pyromancer4 wrote:
The new "Mind of the Council" helm has the following mod: "Recover 3% of Maximum Mana when you Shock an Enemy"
1) Does shocks inflicted to already shocked enemies trigger the mod?

Yes.

The mod is triggered every time you inflict a new shock. When the wiki says "This is applied once for each enemy shocked, not per cast or attack." It means that a single cast of, say, ball lightning can trigger Mind of the Council MANY times.

If you take a look at any of my videos, you'll see that mana is basically almost always full because of this interaction.
Mirror Arrow Summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1422529
Teleports Behind You: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2123293
Magma Orb Deadeye: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2736039
Last edited by dariidar on Jun 10, 2018, 7:33:57 PM
Only just leveling this build, but just from logic I'm going to swap out Lightning Pen on the Ball Lightning to either Inc Crit or Innervate. Inc Crit will drop DPS by a tiny, tiny amount, but grant a much higher chance to shock, meaning a more survivable character. Innervate also seems like a weird option, but grants even more chance to shock over inc crit, meaning the most sustain possible, but only proc when killing a shocked enemy, meaning if a boss has adds. The Innervation buff when proced adds 8 to 145 flat lightning damage, which is a global add, and applies to your Arc as well, for a hefty and doubly useful buff because of how poet's pen works with us using 2 spells at once.

Long story short, if a boss has adds, Innervate is a really good damage AND survivability support to throw in instead of Lightning Pen on Ball Lightning. Without adds, I still think Inc Crit is a better choice for sustain regardless, and you lose maybe a couple % of damage but gain more than 15% shock chance.
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Jun 10, 2018, 7:50:02 PM
Not necessary. Trust me, you'll have no problem shocking things. Mana sustain isn't even close to a problem. If you are hitting things, you are at full mana.

The only real place I've diverged from the guide so far is using blood rage. It is easy access to frenzy charges for mapping. Personally I removed the flame dash setup, and link CWDT-IC-IncDur-Blood Rage. I level the blood rage over the CWDT threshold and just manually cast it. The attack speed bonus and easy frenzy charge generation are appreciated. That makes barrage your right click clear skill in 99% of cases. Frenzy itself is only needed for maintaining or rebuilding charges against guardian+ type stuff, and not typical mapping.

I like the HoT+Frenzy+CoH+AM link people are doing too. Lets you use frenzy to keep up frenzy charges + apply curse to anything really hard. Leave a spot for increased accuracy in the barrage link too, which is handy for actually hitting.
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Jun 10, 2018, 8:00:09 PM
Did the math and with Inc Crit instead of Lightning Pen the damage is essentially the same, but the shock chance jumps from 48% on Ball Lightning to 62%. Current Ball Lightning with Slower Proj hits about 5 times per second, and with a cast rate of 3.64 (Barrage atk speed in PoB) we get 18.2 Ball Lightning hits per second, which means 8.7 shocks per second with Lightning Pen and 11.28 Shocks per second with Inc Crit.

With Arc factored in, we gain about 33% of our mana per second in shocks from Mind of the Council with Light Pen on BL, and about 42% back per second with Inc Crit on BL. (Lightning Bolt from Choir of the Storm can also shock, but only has about a 52% shock chance, with a .5 second cooldown, meaning about 1 shock per second, and negligible in these calcs).

When tanking heavy hits from high tier bosses, I would definitely value 10% more MoM mitigation per second with virtually no downside in damage.
You are trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist. Try it first, really.

Setting the enemy type to guardian/shaper in PoB with my character right now, increased crit lags behind lightning penetration by about 18%. Pop a diamond flask and the difference widens to 22%.
Last edited by FilthyMonkey on Jun 10, 2018, 9:06:12 PM
Penetration is huge on high tier bosses, such as shaper, uber elder, guardians e.t.c.
"
FilthyMonkey wrote:
You are trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist. Try it first, really.

Setting the enemy type to guardian/shaper in PoB with my character right now, increased crit damage lags behind lightning penetration by about 18%. Pop a diamond flask and the difference widens to 22%.

Inc Crit Strikes not damage.

With Power Charges, Frenzy Charges, and flasks we should do about 950k Shaper/Guardian DPS with Arc and BL combined with Arc, Inc Crit, Light Pen, and BL, Slower Proj, Light Pen. With Inc Crit on BL we get about 906k total DPS, so a loss of about 5-6%.

As said, I'm not sure if this is needed, but the damage loss isn't as much as you've said it is. Once again, probably not needed, but I will test around with it once I'm leveled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info