[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Corioliss wrote:
Well, dual wield being nerfed might actually be a reason for this build to use a shield.
As i said before: the new broken faith actually looks very interesting for this build to me.
Also rare shields might have some benefits. A lot more life, and the potential to go - 15% mana reservation of socketed gems, which makes Enlighten obsolete and frees up a gem slot.
Might be worth looking into.

There was one guy I talked to few weeks ago that has done quite well with shield. Here is the link to his build if you want a reference. He told me that his build can be achieved with much less investment.

As I said in the other comment, it is a chance to explore new possibility. There is a chance that the new change is a blessing in disguise.
Poison Scourge Arrow/Toxic Rain + Blast Rain PF| Bottled Fortify:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2851574
--
Last edited by WolfieNa on Jun 16, 2020, 2:50:12 AM
"
WolfieNa wrote:
"
Corioliss wrote:
Well, dual wield being nerfed might actually be a reason for this build to use a shield.
As i said before: the new broken faith actually looks very interesting for this build to me.
Also rare shields might have some benefits. A lot more life, and the potential to go - 15% mana reservation of socketed gems, which makes Enlighten obsolete and frees up a gem slot.
Might be worth looking into.

There was one guy I talked to few weeks ago that has done quite well with shield. Here is the link to his build if you want a reference. He told me that his build can be achieved with much less investment.

As I said in the other comment, it is a chance to explore new possibility. There is a chance that the new change is a blessing in disguise.

Dual Wield change is not game breaking since phys damage is not scaled anyway. It's a nerf but small one.

Vaal MS is nerfed but also there is a new OP armour keystone.

Dunno. At this point there are lots of changes in general. New crafts will be available so some power lies there which is yet to be seen.

I guess build will have to be reworked from ground up.

I don't have much faith in shields as they bring quite a damage loss.
That build you posted i don't get. Damage is really low not to mention sub 5 attacks/s.
"
Orangesilk wrote:
Oh, and Vaal Molten Shell is getting nerfed too because apparently getting most of your armor from flasks to use VMS was busted.
Well tbh for an iron reflexes character the change might not be tragic.

"
While active, it also gives More armour, instead of a flat value of armour, multiplying your existing armour value rather than giving an effect that is less relevant to armour invested characters.
Reaching some 40k armor with flasks up and then having that multiplied should help against physical damage, so what it nerfs the most is being able to absorb huge elemental hits. On degens it never worked anyway.

I think what they wanted to nerf the most is the energy shield builds (again, what a surprise, just after glancing blows) that have no phys mitigation so were trying to patch it with naked granite (or rumi's) + vms.
Oh, they're nerfing Circle of Nostalgia too but that was already a flex slot anyways. As far as leaguestart goes the main nerf is the DW one. VMS we'll have to see.
"
Orangesilk wrote:
Oh, they're nerfing Circle of Nostalgia too
Yeah, there was "no problem" with these rings until they decided to put lone messenger in the game and people found out ways to get extreme scaling of 1 herald with 2 circles + lone messenger. Mostly done by fire blade vortex chieftain / assassin and volatile dead builds, but obviously everyone else has to be hit by friendly fire of nerf salvo because 1 herald was abused. >.>

P.S. Herald of Purity nerf is also annoying for levelling, where added damage shines, but afaik someone did in this thread a run through levelling and found out ranger doesn't get herald of purity at all and was picking thunder instead, so I guess doesn't matter.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jun 16, 2020, 9:37:19 AM
I still think Circle of Nostalgia will be the best choice for this build. The chaos resistance it grants is very hard to come by otherwise, and with so many rare pieces in the build it's not particularly hard to cap elemental resistances anyway.
Even if the "increased buff effect" get's nerfed a little bit the ring still grants a fair amount of damage through flat chaos damage on it. Attributes (especially Int) is also nice to have, and the synthesized implicits are a nice boost. Things like %life, ele Resist, Onslaught on hit or reduced mana cost of skills are all good options.
And even if the "increased buff effect" gets nerfed to the ground completely you could still go Chaos res while affected by HoAg + increased chaos damage while affected by HoAg. A little worse for sure, but not by that much.

The builds that suffer the most from the ring nerf (and the inherent HoP change in general) are Facebreaker melee builds imo. HoP + Circle of Guilt were an easy way to stack a bunch of flat phys damage without a weapon, that is completely gone now. Will be interesting to see where these kind of builds go now.
I'm still debating on what I'm playing this league. Either Scourge Arrow, or maybe even Cobra Lash.

I cant play the same EXACT build again, I'll burn out even though I really dont think either is as good as Viper/Pestilent. I know Scourge is pretty good but I'd definitely miss life on hit.

But, this seems like a much easier league than delirium was in general. I'll just have to make my decision when I start leveling up.
"
Destructodave wrote:
I'm still debating on what I'm playing this league. Either Scourge Arrow, or maybe even Cobra Lash.

I cant play the same EXACT build again, I'll burn out even though I really dont think either is as good as Viper/Pestilent. I know Scourge is pretty good but I'd definitely miss life on hit.

But, this seems like a much easier league than delirium was in general. I'll just have to make my decision when I start leveling up.

Don't play the same build if you are prone to burn outs.
Freshen it up :)
Patch notes are out and....

Vaal Molten Shell no longer keeps you alive. It only absorbs 30% of incoming damage now. That's one HELL of a nerf. Sure it gives you 20% more armor now, but armor doesn't do much for big hits and 20% isn't going to change that. Definitely gonna have to rethink how the defenses of this build work.
Just read through the patch notes, and aside from VMS & Circle of Nostalgia, I don't think anything else really changed much (correct me if I'm wrong). The dual-wield nerf isn't that big of a deal since this build never really relied on phys.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info