[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Rorshan wrote:
Hello everyone

I decided to try this build because I happened to get a few good deals on some claws that I could easily perfect with Harvest.
The damage is great but I feel so very squishy when going past T12 or so. As soon as Molten Shell is down I run the risk of getting randomly one-shot. I'm not talking about big slams that you're supposed to avoid, I'm talking about medium slaps from blue mobs in a map with only 1 damage mod.

Here's my PoB, I'd be happy if someone could take a look: https://pastebin.com/M9iFLZxR

I'm level 82 but I'm only missing about 600 life or so from a level 95 character, and I doubt getting those 600 hp will turn these one-shots into something that is really manageable at all.

I saw that there were variants of the build with Divine Flesh. I do feel like it would help the build but it's a pretty big change that would be quite expensive at this point and I'm not even sure it would completely fix the issues

I can confirm that 600 life makes a huge difference. I just increased my life from 4.3k to almost 4.7k and that has helped me survive a lot on the final bosses and random one shots.

I also reroll T14-15 maps which have double/triple dmg (extra dmg taken as fire/cold/lightning).

Are you remembering to keep your flasks up at all times? Sometimes the hits can sneak in through the momentary downtime. Without jade flask up, damage reduction is almost halved.

Although I play cobra lash, I like to spam my flasks and just stand and fire even with mobs hitting me and most of the time I have no issues face tanking.
Thank you so much for the guide :).

Question! If we don't want to use dash in the 3 link, does anyone have any suggestions of what to place in there instead?
"
kserviss wrote:

Question! If we don't want to use dash in the 3 link, does anyone have any suggestions of what to place in there instead?

plague bearer is good
"
arzate03 wrote:
"
kserviss wrote:

plague bearer is good

Thanks so much!

What about phase run? since we are using elusive anyways, couldnt we keep it up as much as possible? Or am I thinking about this wrong.
"
Rorshan wrote:
"
Corioliss wrote:
As far as I remember you can craft ''cannot roll attack mods'' on a weapon, then augment attack for a 50/50 chance to get the poison elder mod, the other being the bleed mod. At least that's how the bleed bows are made, should work the same for poison claws.

Reason being these elder mods do have an attack crafting tag, but not an attack meta tag. Kinda weird.

Not 100% certain on this though, and I can't chreck right now, because I'm on mobile.

Pretty sure that doesn't work, the only tag on the 60% mod is poison
I did check again, and it does actually work that way.
All mirror tier bleed bows are made with this method, and the logic behind it is the same for poison weapons.
Maybe the attack tag on the 60% poison mod doesn't show ingame but it does have it. Confirmed by https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Claw
"
Corioliss wrote:
"
Rorshan wrote:
"
Corioliss wrote:
As far as I remember you can craft ''cannot roll attack mods'' on a weapon, then augment attack for a 50/50 chance to get the poison elder mod, the other being the bleed mod. At least that's how the bleed bows are made, should work the same for poison claws.

Reason being these elder mods do have an attack crafting tag, but not an attack meta tag. Kinda weird.

Not 100% certain on this though, and I can't chreck right now, because I'm on mobile.

Pretty sure that doesn't work, the only tag on the 60% mod is poison
I did check again, and it does actually work that way.
All mirror tier bleed bows are made with this method, and the logic behind it is the same for poison weapons.
Maybe the attack tag on the 60% poison mod doesn't show ingame but it does have it. Confirmed by https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Claw

Did you check by crafting a 60% poison mod by augmenting attack? From what I read a while ago on reddit the poedb tags are not directly datamined and some errors have been found before. Unless someone can definitely confirm they've augmented that mod with attack, I'm enclined to believe that the in-game tags are consistent with Harvest, fossil and catalyst.

Now I agree it makes little sense that the bleed mod has the attack tag, but the poison mod doesn't. However I think it's just a developer oversight that they didn't put the tag at all, not that they forgot to display the tag (which I expect was not done manually, but is just a formula included in the item descriptions)
Last edited by Rorshan on Jul 30, 2020, 6:16:26 AM
As i said, all the bleed bows are made like this recently.

As far as I remember the attack tag on these elder mods got added somewhere mid league, to make crafting DoT weapons a little easier.

For reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/hpmsg8/hate_barrage_the_100_perfect_bleed_bow_everything/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
The attack tag does show up ingame on the 60% poison mod.
Not sure why we need to speculate on that.

"
Milkbread wrote:
Errr no I don't play SSF. But I would love to get those crafts in my crafting bench and Elreon is a pain when he finally spawns in an encounter but doesn't drop veiled items. Thanks for the tip on the prophecy, gotta go grab some.

If you want the Elreon craft but don't want to wait on Elreon to spawn - you can buy veiled Elreon rings on trade.
Just look for rings with the "Elreon's Veiled" mod.
Type it into the big search box to the right, where you usually select your mods (life, resists etc.).
About 10c per ring at the moment.
Remember there's 3 tiers to the -mana mod. So you will need about 3-5 rings at least.
Im lvling right now, the only downside is the amount of skills/pots to click....

Is there a more automated way to reduce the clicks ?

Cumps
"
Legiun wrote:
Im lvling right now, the only downside is the amount of skills/pots to click....

Is there a more automated way to reduce the clicks ?

Cumps
Not really. This build does have a very active playstyle with a lot of buttons to press, that's just how it works.
If you want a one button DoT build I'd recommend Chaos Spellslinger or Toxic Rain Trickster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info