[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Oh man, don't want to be rude but nothing is good :p
Take some levels before red maps.
You need to change all your rares. This is an evasion/energy shield build and you have 0 energy shield, bases are wrong. You can go pure evasion on some slots but your evasion rolls are horrible (try to have at least 500 evasion on helmet, 300 on gloves and boots, and 1300 on chest if you dont take energy shield mixed bases). All the life rolls are very weak. Seriously with 10c in each slot you can have a much much better setup.
Try to get minimum 20k evasion, 4k life and 2k energy shield at lvl 90 with all resistances capped (chaos can be a bit lower).
Rolls decent flasks (no mana flask, 1 life flask), upgrade your gems to 20/20,...
Dont play malevolence or clusters jewels at this point. You can run a low lvl précision for accuracy.
For your chest, take a much better rare (like 1000 evasion rating min, 300 energy shield and 100 life... it's like 20c for a 6 link) or cherrubim or something else.
Don't take acrobatics if you dont have 150 spell suppression (take out magebane before that), dont take wind dancer if you dont have enough evasion. It's written in the guide.
Is short, follow the guide and farm yellow maps for currency. With 200c total you can have a decent setup and do red maps. Then you will have plenty of room to improve (lab enchant, alternate quality gems, pinacle bosses implicites, forbidden jewels, watcher eye...).

Your questions:
-Tried to essence the helm for mana reserv didnt get it yet: not a priority, dont play malevolence for now
- Also would strike +1 gloves be enough to take off ancestral call? YES (play pestilent strike when mapping and switch to viper for bosses)

Good luck
Last edited by Gangrelet on Dec 26, 2022, 3:56:04 AM
Thank you Gangrelet I will work on those improvements. I obviously missed some points on the guide. One thing to note is that I wasn't actually turning on malevolence at all( just leveling it, and yes I know you can wepswap level).

Anyhow thanks again.

"
Nickolas77 wrote:
are you sure about the medium cluster jewel since it seems that those kind of jewels were removed from the league

When? :/

They are on Craft of Exile and PoB.

https://www.craftofexile.com/?b=146&ob=both&v=d&a=e&l=a&lg=12&bp=y&as=1&hb=0&req={%22478%22:{%22l%22:50,%22g%22:2},%223931%22:{%22l%22:68,%22g%22:1}}&bld={}&im={}&ggt=|&ccp={}

I'm I missing something? :/

edit:
Seems that you're right. :(((( How is it possible that both PoB and CraftOfExile have not updated their data?
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Dec 26, 2022, 8:48:07 AM
ALRIGHT, MAJOR UPDATE CORRECT THIS TIME :)

Changes:
-removed whole Whispers of Doom wheel
-changed anointment from Corruption to Whispers of Doom
-added Small Cluster jewel "Reservation Efficiency" base
Notable: Mortifying Aspect and suffix for 5% all resistances
-Enlighten level 4 changed to level 3
-Helmet Eldritch implicit changed from 12% to 7% increased mana reservation efficiency of skills
-updated rare jewels (on one jewel you'll need 2-3% inc reserve mana efficiency)
-updated rare ring base to Two Stone
-changed helmet enchant to "Withering Step inflicts 3 additional Withered Debuffs" and max Wither stacks from 10 to 13 in Configuration window
-Lowered boot implicit faster poisons to 5% (previously 10%)

Build is a lot cheaper, probably in the range of 15-20 Divines less and it's easier to put together while maintaining or having slightly more damage.

https://pastebin.com/gxi56vMB
*sorry for the previous mess up
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Dec 28, 2022, 5:13:47 AM
Last edited by Gangrelet on Dec 26, 2022, 10:30:06 AM
I haven't read the entire thread so I hope I'm not missing something here but the original pob crafted claw in the pastebin which was said to cost 10-20 divines to craft is rather bad honestly.

Awakener's orb crafting elder+hunter with "90% chaos overtime" and "50% poison multi" prefixes costs like 60c after which you can multimod it or just go as is if you're lucky enough. The claw is basically as good as the one in the pob, with a fraction of the cost. Sure you lose some hit damage but in the end it is a poison build.

I do have a question though since I haven't played that many pathfinders. Is the perpentual mod which increases charge gains in flasks affected by the ascendency? You know, the one that passively gives charges back for free?
Last edited by Boddhisattva on Dec 26, 2022, 1:15:23 PM
"
Boddhisattva wrote:
I haven't read the entire thread so I hope I'm not missing something here but the original pob crafted claw in the pastebin which was said to cost 10-20 divines to craft is rather bad honestly.

Awakener's orb crafting elder+hunter with "90% chaos overtime" and "50% poison multi" prefixes costs like 60c after which you can multimod it or just go as is if you're lucky enough. The claw is basically as good as the one in the pob, with a fraction of the cost. Sure you lose some hit damage but in the end it is a poison build.

I do have a question though since I haven't played that many pathfinders. Is the perpentual mod which increases charge gains in flasks affected by the ascendency? You know, the one that passively gives charges back for free?

Tnx for reminding me to remove that from pob.

Use these steps to craft the claw, it's 1-2 Div price.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2639074/page/447#p24840747

Perpetual mod seems to affect charges gained from Ascendancy. It has the best uptime value.
"
Boddhisattva wrote:

Since I'm away from PC during the Christmas Holidays I was not able to check your suggested claw in PoB, hence I can't really speak to the assumption it would be as good.

But to explain a bit the current process and why it might not be as easy to replace as u think:
- first of all u really want the open prefix to craft hits can't be evaded, else u would have to stack accuracy on your gear, weakening the build in the passive tree as well as on suffix slots. With awakener orb this is not automatically given.
- also, u definitely want high AS on the claw. While the pure dps might look the same the "feeling" of the build would be far inferior without any AS, and again, getting an awakener claw with AS is down to luck/gamble/further costs.
- thirdly, I don't really get the "this is a poison build" - notion. Poison has a baseline damage that depends on your physical and chaos damage. While certainly covenant made it easier to leave the flat chaos dmg on the weapon behind I am still pretty convinced that it is a mandatory mod, as the flat dmg u dish out directly affects the poison-damage.
- as a last point, current crafting enables the usage of fractured bases, which makes getting 4 or even 5 mods more likely and possible, while doing that with an awakened base is even harder than on a normal one. If u really want to go the awakened route I think a hunter slam that guarantees chaos dot prefix would be the better addition to solid suffixes.

I will have a more detailled look into the numbers tomorrow, so far I can't convince myself a claw like that would be superior.
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Boddhisattva wrote:

Since I'm away from PC during the Christmas Holidays I was not able to check your suggested claw in PoB, hence I can't really speak to the assumption it would be as good.

But to explain a bit the current process and why it might not be as easy to replace as u think:
- first of all u really want the open prefix to craft hits can't be evaded, else u would have to stack accuracy on your gear, weakening the build in the passive tree as well as on suffix slots. With awakener orb this is not automatically given.
- also, u definitely want high AS on the claw. While the pure dps might look the same the "feeling" of the build would be far inferior without any AS, and again, getting an awakener claw with AS is down to luck/gamble/further costs.
- thirdly, I don't really get the "this is a poison build" - notion. Poison has a baseline damage that depends on your physical and chaos damage. While certainly covenant made it easier to leave the flat chaos dmg on the weapon behind I am still pretty convinced that it is a mandatory mod, as the flat dmg u dish out directly affects the poison-damage.
- as a last point, current crafting enables the usage of fractured bases, which makes getting 4 or even 5 mods more likely and possible, while doing that with an awakened base is even harder than on a normal one. If u really want to go the awakened route I think a hunter slam that guarantees chaos dot prefix would be the better addition to solid suffixes.

I will have a more detailled look into the numbers tomorrow, so far I can't convince myself a claw like that would be superior.

With the current prices you could get 7-8 tries for 2 divines, I personally did 3 tries and got 2 working claws. This is the one that I ended up with.

To be honest I'm not exactly sure if this is even decent, or in any way comparable, but putting it against the original pob one yelded decent results so I stuck with it. Was pretty cheap upgrade from Wasp nest anyway. If it's genuinely 1-2 divines to guarantee yours this one's probably not the best way. Take it as food for thoughts or alternative way.

"
"
Boddhisattva wrote:

Tnx for reminding me to remove that from pob.

Use these steps to craft the claw, it's 1-2 Div price.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2639074/page/447#p24840747

Perpetual mod seems to affect charges gained from Ascendancy. It has the best uptime value.

Thanks, that's pretty valuble upgrade for me then!

Last edited by Boddhisattva on Dec 26, 2022, 2:50:02 PM
I crafted mine for less than one div with the new beast check the guide a few pages back (447)

Edit: crap its 320c now lol
Last edited by Yalpe on Dec 26, 2022, 4:13:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info