[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Early mapping is fine. The fossil changes just put the requirement of actual investment for the build to scale its ST damage.

For reference a base claw before would cost 10 or so chaos. Now an elder claw might be several exalts. Who knows... Being elder influence, makes it hard to target farm.

I think these changes are fine. It makes crafting harder for pretty much every build. Yes bleed/poison builds are a bit more screwed because the Elder/Shaper bases are harder to find.
"
You are right. Claws to have (previous) delve mod will have to have Elder influence and they can still be fossil crafted on those bases.

Mix it with Hunter's influence via Awakener's Orb and you can craft even faster poisons and stuff.

Build is fine, except it will cost more in the higher end. Elder claw bases will be pricey i guess. :/

It's too bad the mod didn't land on Hunter bases - with the rarity of i83+ Elder Imperial Claws we might be compromising on the base type or looking at options like using a Hunter Orb on a normal base then awakener orb that base with whatever Elder claw we can find just to be able to hit that one mod on an Imperial Claw. I don't mind though, a bit of chase for end game power is ok.

--
While I'm at it, this was my main build for Metamorph and it was a real joy to play. It felt smooth, fast and strong, great clear and ST (I used Pestilent Strike / Viper Strike) - a really well rounded build and just super fun and engaging to play.

Your guide is amazing and your follow up over almost 100 pages it commendable - I didn't need to ask any questions because they were covered in the guide or already answered.

Thanks Torstein! :)
Edit: You also got me wanting to play poison in 3.10
Last edited by eaglecnt on Mar 11, 2020, 8:18:10 AM
"
eaglecnt wrote:

It's too bad the mod didn't land on Hunter bases - with the rarity of i83+ Elder Imperial Claws we might be compromising on the base type or looking at options like using a Hunter Orb on a normal base then awakener orb that base with whatever Elder claw we can find just to be able to hit that one mod on an Imperial Claw. I don't mind though, a bit of chase for end game power is ok.

--
While I'm at it, this was my main build for Metamorph and it was a real joy to play. It felt smooth, fast and strong, great clear and ST (I used Pestilent Strike / Viper Strike) - a really well rounded build and just super fun and engaging to play.

Your guide is amazing and your follow up over almost 100 pages it commendable - I didn't need to ask any questions because they were covered in the guide or already answered.

Would you recommend this as a starter given the patchnotes? I played mines in metamorph, arc/ball lightning, and league start was crazy easy and ended up keeping that as my main build for the whole league.

Would you say an elder legion claw base is needed to push into red maps and beyond, or is it a minmaxing thing and more of a luxury?

I know the league mechanic is focused on clear, but I dont want to sacrafice single target, hence my plan of PS/VS combo, as I still think my main target for the league will be farming AL8 T16 bosses and proccing as many elderslayers as possible.

One thing I loved about mines is that no currency/gear is needed at all, even just a basic 6 link and okayish stat stick is enough to clear through red maps and take down bosses fairly comfortably. Going LL with a shav and chayula ammy definitely isn't 'build enabling' and isn't required for good single target, but it does end being a nice endgame upgrade that turns all the content into a joke.

Would you say league starting as a PS/VS Pathfinder be just as smooth transitioning to maps or will I be on the struggle bus until I can get those elder bases to craft?
"
excuse me , how do u gain frenzy charge ?

You craft +1 to minimum Frenzy on jewelry for perma charges or thru Blood Rage on kill
"
eaglecnt wrote:

--

Yeah that's pretty wierd. Would expect it to be on Hunter ones...

Tyvm for the feedback, im glad you had good time in Metamorph! :)
I am also planning to start with pestilent strike/viper strike for the league but a little bummed about fossil crafting nerf. But then again, the problem will probably be ameliorated by those cluster jewel notables, no?

To start with, aim for cluster jewel with Low Tolerance so that the first poison stack deals 300% increased damage. That insane burst (plus other juicy poison notables with multipliers and poison duration) should allow you to do white-yellow level maps and even low reds. You will then use this period of time to farm currency for your ilvl83 elder imperial claw, or (less likely) just hoard elder scarabs and focus on farming elder maps whenever you can / offer by zana.

It adds another layer striation in the item-chasing which is, after all, why we play this game, no?

Apologies for adding another player vying for those juicy claws and cluster jewels and inflate the price tho :P lets hope majority of other players jump onto the ED-contagion / mines / brands / big mana / wander hype train and leave our poison stuff cheap!

All the best on league start!
"
WhoMans wrote:

Would you recommend this as a starter given the patchnotes? I played mines in metamorph, arc/ball lightning, and league start was crazy easy and ended up keeping that as my main build for the whole league.

Would you say an elder legion claw base is needed to push into red maps and beyond, or is it a minmaxing thing and more of a luxury?

I know the league mechanic is focused on clear, but I dont want to sacrafice single target, hence my plan of PS/VS combo, as I still think my main target for the league will be farming AL8 T16 bosses and proccing as many elderslayers as possible.

One thing I loved about mines is that no currency/gear is needed at all, even just a basic 6 link and okayish stat stick is enough to clear through red maps and take down bosses fairly comfortably. Going LL with a shav and chayula ammy definitely isn't 'build enabling' and isn't required for good single target, but it does end being a nice endgame upgrade that turns all the content into a joke.

Would you say league starting as a PS/VS Pathfinder be just as smooth transitioning to maps or will I be on the struggle bus until I can get those elder bases to craft?

If you have unique claws for leveling its pretty easy.
Spells, mines, traps and simillar are nobrainer when league start is in mind. They are just better...
"
SleepyLynx89 wrote:
I am also planning to start with pestilent strike/viper strike for the league but a little bummed about fossil crafting nerf. But then again, the problem will probably be ameliorated by those cluster jewel notables, no?

To start with, aim for cluster jewel with Low Tolerance so that the first poison stack deals 300% increased damage. That insane burst (plus other juicy poison notables with multipliers and poison duration) should allow you to do white-yellow level maps and even low reds. You will then use this period of time to farm currency for your ilvl83 elder imperial claw, or (less likely) just hoard elder scarabs and focus on farming elder maps whenever you can / offer by zana.

It adds another layer striation in the item-chasing which is, after all, why we play this game, no?

Apologies for adding another player vying for those juicy claws and cluster jewels and inflate the price tho :P lets hope majority of other players jump onto the ED-contagion / mines / brands / big mana / wander hype train and leave our poison stuff cheap!

All the best on league start!

Dont know yet how much impact will have cluster jewels. We will have to wait PoB updates, its too early now.
I think this crafting change will be mitigated in some way. Overall build will have more versatility but also more expensive to min/max...

Gl in Delirium :)
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Mar 11, 2020, 11:32:44 AM
I've been wanting to play a poison based build for a long time.

Your guide was what really sold me.

I love the way you layed everything out and the skill comparisons. The little "slider scale" graphic with the skills was an excellent touch. Simple but very effective. This is what every good guide should have.

You spell it all out without all the crappy deathless uber blah-blah videos and patreon BS.

A+ on your guide. Thank you for all your hard work.

I'm leaning towards this again for Delirium.
Last edited by superbomb1967 on Mar 11, 2020, 11:25:53 AM
"

If you have unique claws for leveling its pretty easy.
Spells, mines, traps and simillar are nobrainer when league start is in mind. They are just better...

Yeah, think im going to league start with mines, then once I can get some twink gear going, then I'll start a PS/VS Pathfinder which will hopefully go well and will end up being my main build for the league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info