[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

highly recommend running plague bearer with this build, especially if you only have wasp nests/sub 100% chance to hit - it applies poisons incredibly fast and is overall a huge boost to damage. i'm not sure why OP left this out because there seems to be zero downsides to running it

is there any reason for the specific support gems? using PoB and messing around replacing vile toxins with something like unbound ailments increases dps by nearly a million.
"
Truhls wrote:
is there any reason for the specific support gems? using PoB and messing around replacing vile toxins with something like unbound ailments increases dps by nearly a million.

Faster damage ramp up time. Use Unbound Ailments if you want...
Build looks fun!
"
"
Truhls wrote:

Faster damage ramp up time. Use Unbound Ailments if you want...

Alright thanks, wanted to make sure lol.

Now that elder imperial claw is gated from mere mortals like us, I just couldn't stand the wait and got myself an elder great white claw (much slower attack speed but cheaper + gain life per hit is good). Fossil crafted 5 times, only manage to get 60% chance for 100% more damage and not other useful stats beside bench crafted attack speed.

Surprisingly, the shitty claw hit much harder than the wasp nest despite wasp nest showing higher tool tip dps! Like, at t13 map, i have to hit multiple times with 2x wasp nest to get things to start dying while with that 60% chance more damage ones, often one poke and the the mobs start exploding!

Is that because 100% more damage is multiplicative? (also, wasp nest needs 5 hit to start ramping).

That said, i think it's worth it to use less optimised claw based if you reallllyyyyyy can't wait. One elder affix alone and the damage improvement over wasp nest feels really significant.

Welp, time to continue to hoard them expensive corroded fossils.........

Havent buy witchfire yet as i think its still way overpriced! Basalt flask had been good for me to improve survivability in the one-shot delirium league.
Last edited by SleepyLynx89 on Mar 17, 2020, 1:17:41 AM
"
SleepyLynx89 wrote:

Surprisingly, the shitty claw hit much harder than the wasp nest despite wasp nest showing higher tool tip dps! Like, at t13 map, i have to hit multiple times with 2x wasp nest to get things to start dying while with that 60% chance more damage ones, often one poke and the the mobs start exploding!

Is that because 100% more damage is multiplicative? (also, wasp nest needs 5 hit to start ramping).

For example your claw beats my wasp's nest in my Path of Building by about 3,5% damage-wise. If it was on an imperial claw base, it would be about 10,5%.

Edit: My nubmers were off.
Last edited by blastinMot on Mar 17, 2020, 3:32:34 AM
hello i want to start this league with your bullid but i have a problem. I play on ps4 the league starts on March 18 and I do not use PoB only poe mate on the phone and I do not have a full tree, it is only up to 60lvl. you could put a full tree for Pestilent Strike
"
webster021 wrote:
hello i want to start this league with your bullid but i have a problem. I play on ps4 the league starts on March 18 and I do not use PoB only poe mate on the phone and I do not have a full tree, it is only up to 60lvl. you could put a full tree for Pestilent Strike

Have a look at my Chars tree on the site, it should contain most of the things atm, I don't think I've deviated off it too much currently, only thing missing from mine currently are the jewel nodes which I'm going to be getting now.

"
For example your claw beats my wasp's nest in my Path of Building by about 3,5% damage-wise. If it was on an imperial claw base, it would be about 10,5%.

Edit: My nubmers were off.

Huh, how did you do that in path of building? I couldn't make path of building account for the 60% to deal 100% more damage part so it always shows me lower dps with the claw. I only know the claw feels better by interacting with the mobs, no clue wth my dps is right now haha.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info