ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
azndecoy101 wrote:
I was wondering if arcing blows is good for this build. I'm using the butterfly raider build

Arcing blows is more a late game damage node because it will only scale your lightning - unlike phys nodes which will scale all your damage since everything is based as a % of your physical damage.

Map boss like Atziri has 30% all res, so the 8% lightning pen would be ~11% more damage if you have 100% lightning conversion with P2L.

I can see a case for it if you are level 80+ and are using P2L and want more damage, or for example if you don't want to spend points on Vaal Pact (i.e. you have legacy VoV or Acuity, or don't need instant leech). However the butterfly builds are more defense orientated instead of damage and having things like instant leech are extremely useful.
"
Scorpws wrote:
Hey hey! And what about Atziri? How can we kill her with this build(i'm doing the post haste version for solo play)? And, for post haste, which is the maximum HP that i can reach?

Well post haste version is not really for boss killing like Atziri, it is just for clearing regular maps very fast. If you want to do Atziri on post haste you will need Rumi's flask to add some block.

Check my old Atziri vid to see how to do the map playing ranged on LS. The only difference is you need to be more careful about how you position during Atziri clone phase so you do not kill yourself on reflect from the LS projectiles.
"
Nitsujin wrote:
Thank you for your reply and for the direction. I'm a bit worried though, will I be able to deal a good amount of damage even if I go pathfinder running post haste?

Just got to lvl 39 and ascended, LS feels slow for now but I'll push on. I've been using a Tabula Rasa for my chest just to get the easy 6 link. Also currently using Lion's roar and Sorrow of the divine for a boost in dps. Thanks again.

Edit: my bad, I just now got a hold of blood rage. I don't feel as slow anymore lol. I'm guessing I'm still gonna uside the same points in pathfinder butterfly in the post-haste version right? I'm sorry if these questions might be too obvious. I'm also having second thoughts on being a pathfinder in post-hate. I'm thinking about going ranger to fully commit to the frenzy charges.

No prob. Keep in mind that Lion's Roar is only for the melee hit and will not affect the projectiles, so as you transition to more ranged play with LS this flask will not add to your ranged DPS.

It's almost the same number of points - you are just taking off Vaal Pact, Acro and Phase Acro and putting them into Frenzy charges and the pierce cluster so you can clear faster.

Frenzy charges are a massive buff to the damage, and having 100% pierce gives massive clearing.

I think what would help is if you can say what your goals are for this build.

If all you want to do is clear mid-level maps extremely quickly (i.e. Gorge) then you do not need much defense and you can build post haste and focus more on frenzy charges - Raider or Deadeye is perfect for this and would be better than Pathfinder.

If you want more defense on your post haste the easiest option is to add defensive flasks like Basalt and Rumi's flask so that you can have block when you need it (with no penalty since you do not take Acro) and still retain your DPS. All this without changing your passive tree. Again you can do this as Raider.

If you want even more defense than this you need to start spending points and add dodge, more ev, and more mitigation from flasks and gear -> this is for Butterfly. Still you can use Raider.

However once you start trying to focus more on flasks and use high-end flasks like Rumi's, Taste of Hate, VoV, and gear like Lightning Coil for more mitigation to combine with Taste of Hate and Basalt -> this will be done best by the Pathfinder.

So if you can't get these kinds of flasks or a Lightning Coil, and if you have no need for such high defenses (i.e. just clearing regular maps) then Pathfinder is NOT worth it.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 10, 2016, 1:48:04 PM
"

Sorry for not being clear. I think I want to do high end game content with the build. As I've said, I've been doing low tier maps then changing characters throughout leagues and now, I'd like to go beyond that and do things I haven't done yet. If possible, not just do mid tier maps but go higher, maybe try atziri, and do what else the game has to offer. That's why I chose butterfly over post-haste. The wording in post-haste sounded like the build was limited and felt that it was only for maps. Well, outside of maps and atziri what else is there anyway? I could go butterfly raider too for an easier transition, going post-haste for now then spec into butterfly later or just go post-haste if butterfly seems too ambitious for now. With the lesser currency requirement and granted that this is still my 2nd character in the league. However, the perandus league with coins and cadiro has made getting items easier.

Thanks for the heads up on lion's roar, didn't know that lol.
Last edited by Nitsujin on Mar 10, 2016, 11:12:33 PM
Switched up my flasks and managed to cadiro bro deal a lightning coil for 4400 coins. Running it now so that I don't get 1 shot to bosses, doing tier 4 maps right now and its still not too bad. Finding a 250+ dps dagger is really hard though.

I guess I will just have to rely on 6L and quality gems to increase my damage for now.
"
Nitsujin wrote:
"

Sorry for not being clear. I think I want to do high end game content with the build. As I've said, I've been doing low tier maps then changing characters throughout leagues and now, I'd like to go beyond that and do things I haven't done yet. If possible, not just do mid tier maps but go higher, maybe try atziri, and do what else the game has to offer. That's why I chose butterfly over post-haste. The wording in post-haste sounded like the build was limited and felt that it was only for maps. Well, outside of maps and atziri what else is there anyway? I could go butterfly raider too for an easier transition, going post-haste for now then spec into butterfly later or just go post-haste if butterfly seems too ambitious for now. With the lesser currency requirement and granted that this is still my 2nd character in the league. However, the perandus league with coins and cadiro has made getting items easier.

Thanks for the heads up on lion's roar, didn't know that lol.

Ok no prob. Yeah I'll try and make the wording clearer. I know a lot of people don't have high tier maps, all they do is mid-tier maps so that's why I made post haste which is cheap and fast clearing.

Raider I guess is your best option.

Overall I think post haste is a very solid build and if you need more defense you can just add a Rumi's flask. That's basically how I was playing this build (post haste + Rumi's) before 2.2 patch and I was doing Atziri and other higher-end maps.

The butterfly version is very new and combines dodge with blocks for even more defense. It's a lot of damage avoidance which most people don't even need because they are just blasting through regular maps.

So go Raider post haste, but definitely be on the look out to grab a Rumi's flask if you want to do higher end content.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 11, 2016, 12:33:04 AM
"
Nyxy wrote:
Switched up my flasks and managed to cadiro bro deal a lightning coil for 4400 coins. Running it now so that I don't get 1 shot to bosses, doing tier 4 maps right now and its still not too bad. Finding a 250+ dps dagger is really hard though.

I guess I will just have to rely on 6L and quality gems to increase my damage for now.

Good find buddy. So you are now running LC + Basalt + Granite? If you can add a Rumi's as well and get your life up that would be ideal.
Guys also keep in mind that Pierce gem now gives up to 29% more damage, so this is another support gem you can use - especially for Post Haste if you want to remove the pierce cluster and put those 4 points somewhere else.

UPDATES THIS WEEKEND:
- I'm thinking about redo'ing how I write post haste and butterfly. It seems the way I have written it is still causing some confusion for people. I may just combine these all into 1 build and have different progressions

- Will add a flask section + flask prefix rolls

- Will add a phase run section
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 11, 2016, 12:56:36 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Nyxy wrote:

Good find buddy. So you are now running LC + Basalt + Granite? If you can add a Rumi's as well and get your life up that would be ideal.

Yes using LC + Basalt + Lion's roar + quartz flask right now.

As for cwdt setup, you said Ice wall would be a good choice but as of right now, I don't think my LS pierces? So what good would it be?
"
Nyxy wrote:

Yes using LC + Basalt + Lion's roar + quartz flask right now.

As for cwdt setup, you said Ice wall would be a good choice but as of right now, I don't think my LS pierces? So what good would it be?

If you can't pierce the Frost Wall you will not be able to leech - that's the biggest problem. It still helps to interrupt enemies and gives you a lot of breathing room after taking a hit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info