ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Mandibles wrote:
Hey again, I've brought pretty much all the gear for this build, and it's going pretty well, i was just wondering why you don't take the sleight of hand node just beneath will of blades, it gave me a pretty significant dps boost. Also, in a lot of maps i don't really feel the benefit of far shot the ascendancy node thing, so would Ricochet (+1 chain) be any good for this build? because like i said, in most maps apart from the very open ones i'm usually right next to the mobs. Thanks.

Hi man, right now for the tree everything is pretty much locked - I can't think of any 2 points I could remove and put into Sleight of Hand. Maybe Aspect of the Lynx but I like the crit chance, movement speed, and the int.

Maybe as you are leveling you may find a case where getting Sleight of Hand early helps and then you can unspec later if you like.

I see, how much Pierce you have? If you don't like Far Shot you could try some other Deadeye nodes. Unfortunately pierce takes priority over chain, so if you already have high pierce it would not make sense to get chain as your projectiles cannot chain if they first pierce.

For you I would just get Powerful Precision, Sharp and Venomous, and Fast & Deadly

Ahh right, i had no idea that projectiles that pierce can't chain, that makes a lot of sense then. Yeah i've respecced now and took sharp and venomous, i seem to kill bosses quicker and it seems to be better overall for my playstyle atleast. Massively appreciate your responses, it makes following your build 10x easier. Thanks again man, best build i've ever followed i'd say.
Currently following the Post-Haste build and doing T5-T7 maps, feels good so far, will switch to butterfly build as soon as I feel to and have better gear.

I also was thinking about the following:

What about using Whirling blades with FA and Fortify, especially in maps where you have and are be closer to the enemies?

And I've barerly used phase run so far which could be replaced also... I feel like you could do a few variants with this build, but can't think of which would make any good sense (still need to learn much more about all the gems and links).

But so far, thanks for the build, I really love it!
Nice buddy, yes adding Fortify to Whirling Blades is great option for more tankiness, especially if you happen to be in tight situations and cant dps from range.

If you don't use Phase Run I would just take it out. It is mostly for the Genjuro and Butterfly guys.

If you have space and have high pierce chance like 80%+ try using CWDT + Frostwall - I helps give you some space and interrupts enemies
Hey man, great guide! I've enjoyed using it so far, but I just had a few questions. Right now I'm using Post Haste raid (I'm 61). Me and a friend are planning to basically duo maps, and planning on working to end-game game and atziri, just curious as to which of the three builds I should actually be working towards. Any suggestions? And I see that only Post Haste focuses on pierce, does that mean the clear speed of the other two builds isn't very good? But let me know your thoughts on which you would suggest for me. Many thanks!
Thanks man. Main difference between post haste and butterfly is that you are dropping frenzy charges and removing pierce.

So you will clear slower with butterfly, but will have more defenses.

I think what most people do is start as poste haste and then customize their defenses to what they like, e.g.

- drop frenzy charges but keep pierce
- or drop pierce but keep frenzy
- or run post haste but add defensive flasks like Rumi's and defensive items like Lightning Coil or Belly of the Beast
- or run post haste and customize tree to get Vaal Pact like butterfly.

Basically you can do a hybrid mix, and combined with Ascendancies there are tons of different ways you can build.

For example even just going Raider you can do the post-haste passives and then customize your Raider passives for more defense.

For people who prefer defense first they should just start as butterfly - customize their gear, and then start changing the tree and ascensions for more dps if they need.

For Genjuro - this is a bit different build focused on vaal lightning strike.

Actually i'll be completely honest - i made genjuro so that I could have a safer time doing bosses like on Vaal Temple. It requires a good sword, and is a bit trickier to play than dagger and shield build.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Mar 31, 2016, 6:07:20 AM
Sweet, thanks for the explanation! That clarifies alot, and now I'll have a solid plan to follow.
Sweet guide!

I've been having a blast with the Genjuro build and was wondering what you think the best flask setup would be? I've been thinking Taste of Hate/Rumi/Lion's roar/VoV and a Life flask with grounding but i feel the lack of movespeed flask hurts.

Also i'm not sure which mod on VoV would be the best, i guess it's either lightning pen or conversion and swapping p2l gems on LS and VLS for something like ICC?

And which belt do you think is the best?
Hi buddy, if you find you have enough crit chance from VLS ie from sword and Vaal Sentencings then those flasks are good. Otherwise you should add a Diamond instead of VoV.

VoV is for the extra light pen and instant leech while not engaging!

Most of your damage is coming from Phase Run and Lion's Roar for VLS.

I don't think you really need movement speed, but if you would like what you can do is go Pathfinder and get Master Alchemist to remove ele status ailments. This would allow you to avoid the need for a grounding mod for VoV and roll movt speed instead.

Or go Master Surgeon so you don't need a Staunching mod, however flask refill is not really used on Genjuro so no need to get flask recharge on crit from Master Surgeon.

VoV is really not needed unless you can get the instant leech legacy flasks which is pretty OP on VLS.

Reason being that we already use P2L and Light Pen (very high damage gems) for VLS. P2L is not just the conversion but also the X% of phys damage being added as light.

I use VLS + MS + WED + ICC + P2L + LIGHT PEN with Diamond Flask instead of VoV.

Another trick you can do is to drop Herald of Ash and run Blasphemy + Assassin's Mark/Ele Weakness for even more damage for your VLS.

Assassin's Mark will give you enough crit chance so you could drop Diamond Flask and use a more useful flask like Stibnite/Basalt for defense.

For belts: I recommend just getting a belt with phys damage + life + res.
Thanks for the reply :)

I've got a couple of questions about gearing for the genjuro build, if you dont mind (I'm new to the game so bear with me).

1. I'm currently using a Tabula and I'm looking to replace it right now, would you get an evasion chest or would you get a Lightning Coil?

2. I guess it's not worth using VoV on league as the i guess the Legacy one is impossible to get?

3. What rolls would you get on Rings / Amulets / Gloves?

4. Any opinions on better rolls etc on gear in general? My dps with regular LS is 36k with Hatred and HoA up.

5. I've killed Atziri twice now and was wondering how much harder Uber Atziri is, and is it even doable with the Genjuro build?

Here's my gear atm:
Spoiler

Really appreciate the help ^_^
Last edited by xeptlol on Apr 6, 2016, 10:00:12 PM
Hi buddy:

1. If you can match the lightning res for LC then yes a 6L LC would be the best option. Before you buy you need to double-check all your res to make sure that you will still be nicely overcapped.

2. VoV in Perandus is only worth using IMO if you are getting Vaal Pact as well.

3. Rings, Amy mods in order of priority:
- life
- resistances
- phys damage
- crit chance/crit multiplier

Gloves: all you need is some EV gloves with life and resistances.

4. I think once you upgrade chest your other gear is totally fine. I wouldn't get caught up on the tooltip DPS # too much - it is a bit misleading with LS because:

a) you are socketing PPAD -> this does not show up on tooltip
b) you are socketing Light Pen -> this also does not show up on the tooltip

To get even higher DPS you may need to get higher levels on tree, upgrade jewels, and even upgrade sword to a higher crit chance.

But man if you are already doing Atziri fine there really is no need for upgrades

5. About Uber - haven't tried this yet on Genjuro. Main problem would be getting past Uber trio, you would need to make sure you can take out each trio with at least 1 VLS charge so you don't have to tank any of them. You may need things like Blasphemy + Assassin's Mark / Ele Weakness. And then for Uber Atziri most likely you will have to spec Arrow Dancing. The regular mobs also hit like trucks - so you'll either have to play LS very carefully at range and use things like CWDT + IC + Frost Wall. Those mobs can easily 2 shot you. Phase Run would help a lot as well.

However, easiest way to do Uber would be to build the low-life Lightning Strike version.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 7, 2016, 1:17:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info