ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Kullevi wrote:
I'm using build based on your LS build in invasion. Currently lvl 78.

Just quick question:

Have you ever tried puncture?

I have puncture+inc crit dmg + inc duration + melee phys dmg on my gloves and its amazing when it crits.

One crit is enough to kill invaders if they move and all the map bosses I have tried, have also dropped to one single crit puncture IF they are moving. Im running 71 maps now(still awesome exp for my lvl).

Could be useful vs some hard bosses, maybe even the trio before atziri? With quality gems and vuln+temp chain curse I could see them dropping pretty fast.

I'm using Binos dagger, but higher phys dmg would also make up for the DoT on bino.

Hey thanks for the post. I have not tried Puncture yet but I will make a note to try this out. Sounds like it is will fit nicely into the Lightning Strike playstyle as you mention xD. Just hard makign room for all these links though when using Bringer of Rain:

- Main attack skill
- Movement skill
- CWDT
- Curses
- Summon Skeleton
- Vaal Double Strike
- Secondary attack skill xD
ceryneian i've been thinking about something regarding your build.

after doing some math regarding my build and my duelists build i've come to the realization that #1 you are heavily overdone on physical damage mitigation and #2 atziri steps are not a good option of boots for your current build.

we'll start with the math. right now your physical dmg mitigation without grace blind or enfeeble is sitting at around 90% figuring 32% evade 40% dodge and 75% block. soon as something is blind and enfeebled you're obviously 99% avoidance chance.
now with spell mitigation, with 75% block and 30% dodge you're looking at a flat 82.5% chance to avoid all dmg. with the atziri steps (+16% dodge) that only gets boosted to 86.5%. that 16% spell dodge sounds great but really only gives you a measly 4% effectiveness.

So heres what i think. I think you should either

#1 keep the atziri boots and spec out of acrobatics/phase acrobatics. this will allow you a handful of passives, tone down your physical mitigation so you're not so overdone with it by cutting out dodge and allows you to keep all your armor and ES. in turn you could use elderich battery to get the FULL ES amount into mana too, if need be.

numbers wise if you did this you'd still be looking at a physical avoidance of 83% without blind or enfeeble. with blind you're approx 91% avoidance and with enfeeble added you're at 97.5% avoidance even WITHOUT grace. with grace it would obviously be much higher, but still not necessarily needed. against projectiles you'd still be 91% avoidance without blind/enfeeble and 99% with blind/both.
as for spell mitigation with 75% block and 16% dodge you're still sitting at 79% avoidance. this is not a big drop from your current 86.5% with 46% spell dodge. also not a big drop from just phase acro 30% spell dodge at 82.5.

#2 keep acrobatics/phase acro but lose the atziri steps. this would take your spell avoidance from 86.5 to 82.5% but in turn you could use the blood dance boots for a lot more regen if you added in frenzy charges, or possibly the windscream unique boots that give another curse, and 10% elemental dmg +1x% all resistances.

just couple suggestions. i think the best would be to just use a different pair of boots if there is another unique that is useful for you. if not then it doesn't really matter, but you have some options there.
"
Junkx wrote:
ceryneian i've been thinking about something regarding your build.

after doing some math regarding my build and my duelists build i've come to the realization that #1 you are heavily overdone on physical damage mitigation and #2 atziri steps are not a good option of boots for your current build.

we'll start with the math. right now your physical dmg mitigation without grace blind or enfeeble is sitting at around 90% figuring 32% evade 40% dodge and 75% block. soon as something is blind and enfeebled you're obviously 99% avoidance chance.
now with spell mitigation, with 75% block and 30% dodge you're looking at a flat 82.5% chance to avoid all dmg. with the atziri steps (+16% dodge) that only gets boosted to 86.5%. that 16% spell dodge sounds great but really only gives you a measly 4% effectiveness.

So heres what i think. I think you should either

#1 keep the atziri boots and spec out of acrobatics/phase acrobatics. this will allow you a handful of passives, tone down your physical mitigation so you're not so overdone with it by cutting out dodge and allows you to keep all your armor and ES. in turn you could use elderich battery to get the FULL ES amount into mana too, if need be.

numbers wise if you did this you'd still be looking at a physical avoidance of 83% without blind or enfeeble. with blind you're approx 91% avoidance and with enfeeble added you're at 97.5% avoidance even WITHOUT grace. with grace it would obviously be much higher, but still not necessarily needed. against projectiles you'd still be 91% avoidance without blind/enfeeble and 99% with blind/both.
as for spell mitigation with 75% block and 16% dodge you're still sitting at 79% avoidance. this is not a big drop from your current 86.5% with 46% spell dodge. also not a big drop from just phase acro 30% spell dodge at 82.5.

#2 keep acrobatics/phase acro but lose the atziri steps. this would take your spell avoidance from 86.5 to 82.5% but in turn you could use the blood dance boots for a lot more regen if you added in frenzy charges, or possibly the windscream unique boots that give another curse, and 10% elemental dmg +1x% all resistances.

just couple suggestions. i think the best would be to just use a different pair of boots if there is another unique that is useful for you. if not then it doesn't really matter, but you have some options there.

Hey man, thanks a lot for the detailed post.

Really like your suggestions.

I 100% agree that Acrobatics is a bit overkill on this build given the use of Blind, Enfeeble, Evasion, and near max Block. For the regular person doing this build - I agree that Dodge may be a bit too much and they can use the points more elsewhere and it frees up gear choices.

However, I really like Phase Acro because spells are a weakness for any evasion-based build. The downside is that we have to go through Acrobatics to get Phase Acro - which is a big waste of points if you do not need Acro. I really wish Phase Acro was a separate node.

It really is hard to say if the full Acro + Phase Acro package is worth it - as it really depends on the goals for the build, playing style, and gear.

I have spec'd in and out of Dodge many times, and here is what I can think are some guidelines for either getting or not getting dodge:

a) if you are a regular POE player doing this build, say to level 80, running normal maps - you do NOT need Acrobatics or Phase Acrobatics if you already have the max blocks for regular attacks and spells

b) if you do not have max block (i.e. you cannot get Bringer of Rain, or you do not want to use Rathpith Globe / Stone of Lazhwar / Rainbowstrides), etc. For example maybe you want to get more damage on rings and amulet etc and so you may need to have shield and boots for resistances and life. Then getting Acro + Phase Acro is a good investment on the tree, and you can later unspec when you get max block or have better gear

c) if you are taking this build to very high level maps which can be dangerous with hard mods - I highly recommend you get Acro and Phase Acro and combine with Atziri's Step for the high spell dodge. These are the heavy spell maps where having spell dodge in addition to max spell block is very helpful:
- Residence
- Academy (I had trouble with this boss with only spell block. Resulted in a lot of block/stun recovery from his spells which was almost certain death because I could not leech or move while under recovery. Cyclone skill helps because you cannot be stunned with cyclone. However when I spec'd back into Dodge and got the Atziri Step - the block/stun recovery became A LOT less and I can face him now in melee without Cyclone)
- Temple
- Shrine
- Crematorium
- A'alai and Atziri
If you don't have dodge and try to do these maps - you will experience a lot of Block Recovery / Stun recovery - because your only defense is spell block and you will go into recovery even when spells are blocked as long as the spell would have caused a stun. This is dangerous because you will not be able to leech or move while block/stun recovering.

So overall, it really is hard to say if dodge is worth it or not - as it totally depends on your playing style, gear, and goals for this build.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 1, 2014, 2:22:00 AM
Quick update. I tried taking out Additional Accuracy and using Lightning Penetration with Lightning Strike. Also tested out Crit Weakness curse.

Lightning Penetration
- Very strong support gem that acts as -max resistance modifier, which makes LS start to do some insane damage
- Since nearly every mob and their mother is running around with "Elemental Resistance" mods - using Lightning Penetration will increase your damage a lot against these kinds of mobs
- Extra bonus against regular mobs without elemental resistance - your Lightning Strike will cut through them like butter
- Shocks are easier
- Tooltip DPS may not be factored correctly when adding in Lightning Penetration
- Mana multiplier is very high @ 150%. I had to take off Purity of Ice and only run Hatred to sustain the mana - I usually do this versus Atziri and her mini-bosses since none of the do any cold damage (which is flawed design IMO) so that I can sustain the LS with Lightning Penetration

Here are some other LS+MS+LL+Blue Gem combos I used:
- PCOC - good damage, cheap cost @110% multiplier
- Elemental Proliferation - bit mana intensive, but super defensive as you will be freezing everyone around you in an AOE constantly = no entropy change. Also shocks and freeze can proliferate from small mobs to the bosses. I got 3s shocks on Vaal bosses on Atziri map which is lolz.

Crit Weakness curse
- This is probably the strongest offensive curse with the LS build: - more crit damage = more shocks and freezes, and also more refills on flasks that recharge when you crit
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 1, 2014, 2:37:33 AM
quick question , is there anyway this build will be decent without a GG end game 350 dps dagger?
IGN: IKryal
"
Randomed wrote:
quick question , is there anyway this build will be decent without a GG end game 350 dps dagger?

Yes of course. I will post vid using low damage dagger.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Randomed wrote:

Yes of course. I will post vid using low damage dagger.

nice , thanks! :)
Btw , since the nerf from BoR ( HP and skill levels ) you think this build is prolly less tanky as before?
Loving this build more as i progress.
IGN: IKryal
Last edited by Randomed on Apr 1, 2014, 2:57:26 PM
"
Randomed wrote:
Btw , since the nerf from BoR ( HP and skill levels ) you think this build is prolly less tanky as before?
Loving this build more as i progress.

the only thing the BoR nerf did was lower the hp, which will lower your overall hp by about 300. not too too bad actually. BoR is still amazing and will work incredibly for the build, but you may need to finish off resistances or whatever on double hp coral rings more than ever now to make up for the loss
Hey Ceryneian

Is it more important to get a high crit chance weapon or will a (much cheaper) low crit chance 300 physical weapon work for the time being?

Currently level 60 on invasion with 4k LS (without hatred ) but trying to think end game and what I should be looking for in a weapon.

High physical daggers are insanely priced atm, costing aobut 5 exalts for 290+ pdps without crit

I could get a high physical weapon (290+) or a high crit dagger (with lower overall pdps around 200+)

For example got
in stash but using

I lose 1.7k dps if I use the dagger but have more than double the crit chance (13% with axe 28% with dagger)

Thanks!

Current Gear: (haven't bought BoR yet)
Spoiler
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
Last edited by twapper on Apr 1, 2014, 10:46:42 PM
"
twapper wrote:
Hey Ceryneian

Is it more important to get a high crit chance weapon or will a (much cheaper) low crit chance 300 physical weapon work for the time being?

Currently level 60 on invasion with 4k LS (without hatred ) but trying to think end game and what I should be looking for in a weapon.

High physical daggers are insanely priced atm, costing aobut 5 exalts for 290+ pdps without crit

I could get a high physical weapon (290+) or a high crit dagger (with lower overall pdps around 200+)

For example got
in stash but using

I lose 1.7k dps if I use the dagger but have more than double the crit chance (13% with axe 28% with dagger)

Thanks!

Current Gear: (haven't bought BoR yet)
Spoiler

Hey man, depends on your tree - are you getting axe nodes or dagger nodes? I would go with the dagger weapon, unless you are doing the axe build.

The way Lightning Strike works you need good physical damage on the dagger - so I would prioritize high physical damage over crit chance - of course there are gray areas in between so you may need to defer to your own preference.

I am posting a Level 77 Shrine video of Lightning Strike with a 215DPS dagger which is considered on the very low side for an end game weapons - however you can still do some serious damage with 200DPS weapon and it is more than enough for solo gameplay.

Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 1, 2014, 11:20:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info