ELE LIGHTNING STRIKE - ALL T16s, Shaper, Uber Atziri, HOGM, Chayula, Elder

"
Junkx wrote:
"
Randomed wrote:
Btw , since the nerf from BoR ( HP and skill levels ) you think this build is prolly less tanky as before?
Loving this build more as i progress.

the only thing the BoR nerf did was lower the hp, which will lower your overall hp by about 300. not too too bad actually. BoR is still amazing and will work incredibly for the build, but you may need to finish off resistances or whatever on double hp coral rings more than ever now to make up for the loss

Yes the life got nerfed which was the big nerf to Bringer of Rain. However it still gives a good amount of life. 160 life on Bringer of Rain is equivalent to 80 life on helm + 80 life on chest - which are very good rolls.

I also recommend using Endurance Charges and Immortal Call to help with physical damage mitigation as I mention in the guide.
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Randomed wrote:
quick question , is there anyway this build will be decent without a GG end game 350 dps dagger?

Yes of course. I will post vid using low damage dagger.

Level 77 Shrine Piety video: with 200 DPS dagger.

http://youtu.be/KufUb6iMO4U

This is to showcase that you DO NOT need an insane weapon to do this build in end game. I hope this encourages more people to try the build!

I bought this dagger a while ago for 2GCP, and even though it is only ~200DPS you can see how strong the damage is. I was still freezing and shocking mobs just as before.

I used LS-LL-MS-Lightning Pen. gem links. Lightning Pen. helped a lot in this case because nearly all those mobs had elemental resistance. Lightning Pen. acts as a -max res modifier to their resistance which is an insane boost to your damage.

You cannot do this with a physical based build like Double Strike / Dual Strike because there is no way in the game right now to reduce enemy's physical resistance.

You can also use curses like Crit. Weakness, Projectile Weakness, or Conductivity to boost your damage.

Please do not focus on Lightning Strike tooltip DPS number because it is very misleading and not accurate: does not factor in projectiles, and if you use some gems like Lightning Pen. the damage increase cannot be factored into the tooltip.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 2, 2014, 12:00:41 AM
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Ceryneian wrote:
"
Randomed wrote:
quick question , is there anyway this build will be decent without a GG end game 350 dps dagger?

Yes of course. I will post vid using low damage dagger.

Level 77 Shrine Piety video: with 200 DPS dagger.

http://youtu.be/KufUb6iMO4U

This is to showcase that you DO NOT need an insane weapon to do this build in end game. I hope this encourages more people to try the build!

I bought this dagger a while ago for 2GCP, and even though it is only ~200DPS you can see how strong the damage is. I was still freezing and shocking mobs just as before.

I used LS-LL-MS-Lightning Pen. gem links. Lightning Pen. helped a lot in this case because nearly all those mobs had elemental resistance. Lightning Pen. acts as a -max res modifier to their resistance which is an insane boost to your damage.

You cannot do this with a physical based build like Double Strike / Dual Strike because there is no way in the game right now to reduce enemy's physical resistance.

You can also use curses like Crit. Weakness, Projectile Weakness, or Conductivity to boost your damage.

Please do not focus on Lightning Strike tooltip DPS number because it is very misleading and not accurate: does not factor in projectiles, and if you use some gems like Lightning Pen. the damage increase cannot be factored into the tooltip.

Awesome thanks for the video and all the help. I guess once you get the crit nodes and dagger nodes, my dps should shoot up with a 200 phys dagger.

Anways thanks for the answers and the help, just hit 65 and starting to get the dagger nodes now so we'll see how my dps does!
>>>
IGN - TrolldAllDay

Scammers - @IamSuchAFatty - scammed 1 onslaught exalt for 2 hardcore
<<<
Amazing , thanks for the assurance.
2Gcp? where did u get such a deal?!
IGN: IKryal
Last edited by Randomed on Apr 2, 2014, 1:47:46 AM
The vid with the 200 pdps dagger is rly nice :)

I play atm your axe build ;) but i´m thinking now to change to the LS build :P

What do u think to play with a Binos for the first time ?

xPureChaoSx - Atziri Service
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960863

My Shop
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/902207
that was an awesome vid man, now i see why you were buyin those maps, lol. i love how piety doesn't do any damage to you at all
"
The vid with the 200 pdps dagger is rly nice :)

I play atm your axe build ;) but i´m thinking now to change to the LS build :P

What do u think to play with a Binos for the first time ?

Thanks - I have not gotten the chance to try Bino's, but from what I've heard the life regen is EXTREMELY good and I have heard of people getting 1K+ life/sec regen in fights with Bino's. The damage is ok at ~200 dps and with high crit chance. If you manage to come across a Bino's - feel free to try it out. Another idea is to try using it with Puncture for the damage over time bonus.

However I have not yet used the dagger so I cannot say how it performs with this build.
"
Randomed wrote:
Amazing , thanks for the assurance.
2Gcp? where did u get such a deal?!

This was back in August last year when prices on Standard were reasonable. I bought that dagger just before I made this build. This was back in the old days when Bringer costed 2ex-3ex and you could buy a low roll Soul Taker for 15ex. Sadly, a lot of these items have gotten very expensive as more people are using them creating high demand.

I'm not sure how much a 200dps dagger goes for these days, but I just wanted to make a vid to show you guys what results you can expect to get with a 200dps dagger. Ideally you want a 300+ phys.dps dagger of course, but 200dps can work.

One main downside to the build is that there are a lot of mobs in the end game with elemental/lightning resistances so using Conductivity / Lightning Pen. helps in these cases.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Apr 2, 2014, 10:49:19 PM
hey , im 70 now . using rathpith and BoR.
but my life is only 2511. i can do maps but its abit worrisome as i dont think i can take big bursts of damage.
anyway i can salvage this? :p
IGN: IKryal
Last edited by Randomed on Apr 3, 2014, 7:22:20 AM
"
Randomed wrote:
hey , im 70 now . using rathpith and BoR.
but my life is only 2511. i can do maps but its abit worrisome as i dont think i can take big bursts of damage.
anyway i can salvage this? :p

just get more flat hp on your gear. high hp gloves belt boots double coral rings all with enough resistances to keep those up.
poe.xyz search for whatever gloves/boots/belt/rings you want to use with the affixes you need and you'll find a bunch

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info