Blue Screen of Death with some sound cards

I have had this problem for a long time now and have the same system and card as the poster above.

After installing the latest Creative drivers that have just been released, the problem hasn't happened again(only installed yesterday). It is hard to know if it is cured though, because it seems to only happen in certain acts with specific sounds.

I play in fullscreen windowed mode and if I alt-tab out and use a web browser, a BSOD is almost a certainty.

I really hope this will be fixed with the open beta patch as I'm sure there will be a lot more players suddenly suffering the same issue.
Same problem here - Using Creative x fi titanium fatal1ty on a Win8 using the latest drivers from Jan'13.

Really hope you fix this soon - The game is awesome.
Yesterday playing I had 3 crashes, the third came only about 5 minutes after the second. I don't have a dedicated soundcard, I'm using sound from my motherboard ASUS P8Z77-M Intel Z77 with the Realtech HD drivers.

I didn't get blue screens, just straight crash to reboot.

I will try the --softwareaudio tonight when I play and see the results.
I Really Want To Play This Game!!
Also have this problem with creatives PCI-E Fatality pro card..

I did update the drivers last night and also updated the alchemy one that give EAX effects in windows 7 and was able to play for 2 hours today with out issue, I will try and log in for longer the next chance I get.
I downloaded the client 2 days ago, and got a BSOD almost immediately after launching the client. I only have on board sound, not a sound a card. I can no longer launch the client at all. It gives me an exception "Error opening file:" (with no further information, not even an error code). Should I uninstall and downlaod again?
I blow my nose at you!
SOLUTION: DELETE ALL SOUND OEM BASED SOFTWARE = Instant FIX Spread the word!!!!!
"
Andro257006 wrote:
SOLUTION: DELETE ALL SOUND OEM BASED SOFTWARE = Instant FIX Spread the word!!!!!
Could you elaborate on what is sound OEM based software? You mean stuff like creative audio console?
Yes any software that enhances your audio on your PC. TruStudio/Alchemy/Basically if its not a driver and is strictly creative sound enhancing software you have to dump it. Sorry I cannot remember all of the OEM products they make. Creative does have a lot of OEM crap to make their products seem better than they are.

I BSOD"d 8 times trying to properly remove creatives oem software. Finally I just found the registry and files and purged them myself.

Best of luck!
I use ALchemy on purpose in order to restore EAX and even fix compatibility problems with some old games like Max Payne. Sorry to say, I'm not willing to uninstall what is a PITA to install and configure in the first place for PoE.
"I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die." ~CliveHowlitzer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info