Blue Screen of Death with some sound cards

BIG EDIG: It worked now. Why the hell didn´t I saw, that this are 2 -

>__>
Last edited by aaron2005 on Jan 24, 2013, 8:07:18 PM
So basically anyone with a Creative card can't play anymore...
Weird that this issue never happened to me during closed beta :(
This worked for me thanks!! Before this i'd get screeching sound while playing and the occassional bsod
Another issue that's a year old and no fix? I've seen this before.
"
Sage009 wrote:

You can still play just fine. Add
"
--softwareaudio
at the end of your shortcut.
"I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die." ~CliveHowlitzer

Setting encoder to DTS instead of Dolby DOES NOT HELP! Crashed again today on my X-Fi Titanium, after I switched out to the desktop to check a site.

Switching out to the desktop while the game is running is almost guaranteed to get you a portcls.sys BSOD with a Creative X-Fi on Win7 64!!!

Three crashes so far, I've had enough. I'll come back when this is fixed or the devs give up and make everyone use software audio.
Last edited by ElektroDragon on Jan 25, 2013, 12:45:03 AM
"
Freyar wrote:
"
Sage009 wrote:

You can still play just fine. Add
"
--softwareaudio
at the end of your shortcut.

This is not a guaranteed fix.
Vengeance of the Fallen
Also having this issue with a Creative SB X-FI. Even with adding --softwareaudio I am still getting BSODs.

Literally the only game this has ever happened with, it's frustrating to see the issue has been around this long.
"
Nohman wrote:
Also having this issue with a Creative SB X-FI. Even with adding --softwareaudio I am still getting BSODs.

Literally the only game this has ever happened with, it's frustrating to see the issue has been around this long.

I also do have a X-FI, I did not had any problems on Win8, but I re-installed Win7 and soon after the BSOD accured. I just found this article. I will test this option, and see if I still have BSOD.

Cheers

Edit: Yes still the same issue. BSOD even with adding the --softwareaudio tag. Updated Driver to SBXF_PCDRV_L11_2_18_0015A.
Last edited by betold on Jan 25, 2013, 12:40:48 PM
bsod here too, nosound doesnt work, reg entry doesnt work, new driver doesnt work. This bug is a heavy bug, when a program brings the Machine down, it is a bad program, the bug is more than a half year old, i cant understand, why the devs ar so lazy with this bug, we need a fix, it cant be that i must disabled hardware, for one game, when 100 other games working perfectly.

Fix this bug Grinding Gear Game, it cant be, that your game kills my machine, its an absolut no go for any program to produce Bluescreens, im very angry about htis, while i know, this bug is so old !!
Only a Bloody Sword,is a good Sword !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info