Dominating Blow

"
Booom3 wrote:
I want the timing window to be wide enough that using the skill correctly doesn't cause it to break. I've missed out on several rare mobs that would have been a great asset because of my other minions killing him.
"Using the skill correctly" is getting the killing blow. The short-length debuff is not meant to be something you use or rely on, but a small buffer against rolling low damage and having the monster killed just after you hit, rather than by your hit.
It lasts for 0.5 seconds, and stacking attack speed can easily put you at the point where hitting again will happen before that time runs out, if you want to be really sure.
Does dominating blow have its own "Max number of minions" pool, or does it share it with the summoning spells? What about conversion trap, would it be the same pool?
If there was a maximum number of minions, it would say so on the skill (there isn't - it was removed quite some time ago).
Conversion trap is completely unrelated and doesn't involve minions at all. Converted monsters are not your minions.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
If there was a maximum number of minions, it would say so on the skill (there isn't - it was removed quite some time ago).
Conversion trap is completely unrelated and doesn't involve minions at all. Converted monsters are not your minions.

My apologies, I do not have the gem in hand yet, I'm just theorycrafting if what I plan to do is viable, before actually committing into it, so I don't regret it later. Still, thanks for the answer.
Would Temporal Chains increase any aspect of this skill? The duration of the debuff to proc Dominating when the mob dies? The duration of the domination? Both? Neither? I assume it might affect the duration of the .5secs debuff/buff thing, maybe, but I'm more interested in the domination duration aspect, the curse says it affects enemies so I assume maybe it breaks when the mobs become allies, or it simply stops when the curse is removed which I believe is removed upon conversion.

Edit: Nvm ran the tests, temp chains doesn't work on the duration of the domination. Might affect the .5secs thing but it's not gonna matter a whole lot.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Feb 8, 2013, 2:50:31 PM
"
Booom3 wrote:
"
Myuri wrote:

Hi, no it is supposed to be a killing blow with this skill. read description. it once was with a 2 sec debuff and was way to strong because u could easily dominate with aoe.

I found a bug:
When i dominate a rare crab mob in flooded depths (cruel) before i destroyed its shell, it belongs to me but when the timer expires it loses its shell and attacks me again :D

Reviving minion ftw

So that's reason enough to make this ability barely work at all?
There's a difference between nerfing and breaking and they went too far. It's really bad right now because of how inconsistent it is. It's an ability that relies on gathering momentum to work yet when you start getting momentum it actively starts hindering itself from being used.
They need to fix it.

I run around dominating everything, and it works very well for me. I play solo and can just spam it with added fire damage. I kill them, they fight for me against others, who then fight for me, etc. This skill is loads of fun and not broken at all.
this is one of the skills u support with culling strike...
IGN: hyperculler (torment)
I have a general question: Does Dominating Blow works good with minion instability?
I am building a 2H mace Marauder with Blood magic and heavily fire damage right now and i recently found dominating blow. I thought i will give it a try and because MI creates fire damages, does this actually works good? Creating minions with a 2H mace (because i do a ton of dmage), having them move around, damaging a bit here and there and then blowing up and killing even more?
Does this sound right to you? Or does the duration of dominating blow is to short to effectively trigger minion instability? Or is the damage of the exploding minions to low, because i dont have any +x life minion nodes.

thought about that skill tree:
2H mace Marauder with domination blow and minion instability
Last edited by entomogant on Feb 11, 2013, 6:21:44 PM
"
entomogant wrote:
I have a general question: Does Dominating Blow works good with minion instability?
I am building a 2H mace Marauder with Blood magic and heavily fire damage right now and i recently found dominating blow. I thought i will give it a try and because MI creates fire damages, does this actually works good? Creating minions with a 2H mace (because i do a ton of dmage), having them move around, damaging a bit here and there and then blowing up and killing even more?
Does this sound right to you? Or does the duration of dominating blow is to short to effectively trigger minion instability? Or is the damage of the exploding minions to low, because i dont have any +x life minion nodes.

thought about that skill tree:
2H mace Marauder with domination blow and minion instability

you're going pretty far for minion instability.
however yes it does work fine. in fact, the "more" damage listed on the skill for yours and minion's damage, applies to thier explosions on death if they get to lowlife then killed. without other minion damage boosts though, yes it'll still be somewhat low. more than nothing but far less than a dedicated minion build.
"
hypershatter wrote:
this is one of the skills u support with culling strike...

Don't really have to, as long as you hit often enough, you'll dominate the mobs regardless of getting the last hit or not because of the small debuff duration. You don't need the last hit to spawn mobs, simply to have hit the mob within .5 secs of its death which is easy enough.

Biggest issue with this skill is sustaining the HUGE mana cost. If you can though it's a great skill, it does alright dmg nothing crazy but not horrible but dominating mobs at full power is extremely strong especially once you get to act3.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info