StupidFatHobbit's Sovereign Filter

Filter update tommorrow ?
So section 17 seems to be heavily focused on armor/evasion builds to the point where I have to hold alt down to even see energy shield pieces. I'm trying to use this filter to level spell-based, and I'm trying to modify it for my own use, but I'm confused as to the mindset behind the settings in this section. For example, after the comment "VAAL RACES END HERE" you set one item, ironscale gauntlets, to be shown only until itemlevel 30. My main question is: what delineates when you decide a specific item should stop being shown? Ironscale gauntlets are level 15 required, and you have them showing until they drop at ilvl 30. The next highest level base is level 27 required, so you have them displaying (theoretically) with three ilvls of overlap. Is this a rule for upgrade overlaps or was this a specific instance? Also, it seems very rare in leveling that the next highest level base is the same for both body armor, gloves, helmet, and boots, yet you have large groups of all of them. What was the reasoning for this part as well?

This is pretty labor intensive so I wouldn't ask something unrealistic like a specifically-tailored itemfilter for caster leveling, but would you mind explaining briefly how this works so I can update it myself? If I got it working well, I could post my version if anyone else were interested.

Thanks!
Last edited by derpius on Dec 5, 2018, 7:27:28 PM
I think he has it set that way because AR/EV is better for leveling than ES even if you are a caster.

I would edit "Section 1 - Chance, Priority Highlight, Link Options", in there you can prioritize socket groups and he lists suggested socket groups for caster/melee/ranged.
"
Artophwar wrote:
I think he has it set that way because AR/EV is better for leveling than ES even if you are a caster.

I would edit "Section 1 - Chance, Priority Highlight, Link Options", in there you can prioritize socket groups and he lists suggested socket groups for caster/melee/ranged.

Thanks for the input, but that's not what I'm really looking for. Prioritizing socket groups doesn't help you much when you're wearing a white of something that's way under what drops, but what drops as a potential upgrade, you have to hold alt to see. Defeats the purpose of an item filter in the first place. What I'm focused on is section 17.
"
derpius wrote:
So section 17 seems to be heavily focused on armor/evasion builds to the point where I have to hold alt down to even see energy shield pieces.

You're not supposed to use energy shield pieces while levelling, ever. It's far from optimal and the filter is tailored according to top tier HC racers. AR/EV gear is what you want to use as a caster while levelling until you get to at least Blood Aqueducts, at which point ES gear will start showing. Even then you usually don't switch to ES until significantly later.

"
derpius wrote:
I'm trying to use this filter to level spell-based, and I'm trying to modify it for my own use, but I'm confused as to the mindset behind the settings in this section. For example, after the comment "VAAL RACES END HERE" you set one item, ironscale gauntlets, to be shown only until itemlevel 30. My main question is: what delineates when you decide a specific item should stop being shown? Ironscale gauntlets are level 15 required, and you have them showing until they drop at ilvl 30. The next highest level base is level 27 required, so you have them displaying (theoretically) with three ilvls of overlap. Is this a rule for upgrade overlaps or was this a specific instance? Also, it seems very rare in leveling that the next highest level base is the same for both body armor, gloves, helmet, and boots, yet you have large groups of all of them. What was the reasoning for this part as well?

The two large groups are specific instances for Dominus/Izaro races (as noted in the filter) where the player is frequently low 20's and running through high 20's zones.

"
derpius wrote:
This is pretty labor intensive so I wouldn't ask something unrealistic like a specifically-tailored itemfilter for caster leveling

"
derpius wrote:
Thanks for the input, but that's not what I'm really looking for. Prioritizing socket groups doesn't help you much when you're wearing a white of something that's way under what drops, but what drops as a potential upgrade, you have to hold alt to see. Defeats the purpose of an item filter in the first place. What I'm focused on is section 17.

The filter is already extremely tailored to top tier caster racing, with all due respect you simply need to learn how to race. Artofphwar is right, you just need to set your sockets in Section 1 for the skills you're planning on using and that's it. The whites you're trying to look for isn't gear you should be using.

IGN: Hobbit | twitch.tv/sfhobbit | Filter: poeurl.com/xZL
"
Nozumi wrote:

Yup, should be out sometime in the afternoon PST. Will be finishing the update on stream tonight.
"
stuff

Alright, so I've just been doing it wrong. Set preferred colors and let the filter do its work. Cheers!
"
"
Nozumi wrote:

Yup, should be out sometime in the afternoon PST. Will be finishing the update on stream tonight.

Awesome, cant wait.
Last edited by WithinSelf on Dec 6, 2018, 12:43:47 AM
Great job here
thanks to me streaming builds until 7am this morning the update won't be out until later tonight (~ 6 hours from this post hopefully)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info