Mechanical Questions Thread

"
After the jewel is inserted, why can you not refund the nodes connecting to the jewel slot? The Jewel would be within its own radius, so it should not be required to be connected to the tree. If it is a game balance issue, why is it not indicated anywhere that the jewel still must be connected to the tree?

Leap allows you to allocate unconnected passives, it doesn't change the rule of "you cannot refund passives that lead to an allocated passive". The jewel does NOT in any way indicate "allows you to refund passives that connect your allocated passives", and only mentions allocating unconnected passives.

Edit: I guess I'll drop my own question here just in case someone sees it... How much and what type of damage red1uction(s), attack speed and damage do the charges from Charge disruptors give Izaro? (uber, if it matter)
Last edited by beegee0 on Oct 7, 2016, 4:27:05 AM
Hi!

I've been trying out interesting combinations of skills and support gems and I found that neither of the Deadeye's ascendancy notables that make projectiles return or chain work for Molten Strike. Is this deliberate?
/
Last edited by arsmag on Aug 10, 2018, 12:46:59 PM
"
Ballistixz wrote:
I've been trying out interesting combinations of skills and support gems and I found that neither of the Deadeye's ascendancy notables that make projectiles return or chain work for Molten Strike. Is this deliberate?

Yep. Molten Strike's projectiles are not traditional Projectiles that travel from A outward to wherever, but instead more akin to ground-targeted explosions, like Rain of Arrows.
Caustic arrow, specifically, the area damage:

1. will not benefit from high phy damage bow, as the "Gain (30-49)% of your Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage" is only apply to the hit damage, right?

2. will benefit from skill tree's:
a. increased chaos damage
b. increased DoT
c. increased area damage
d. increased trap/mine damage (if linked to trap/mine support gem)
e. increased projectile damage
f. increased critical strike chance / multiplier
g. increased critical strike chance / multiplier with bow

3. will benefit from:
a. point black support (gamepedia info says not affected, but that is based on pre 2.1 version info)
b. chin sol bow's point black
c. skill tree's point black node
d. added chaos/fire/ice/lightning damage support
e. Hypothermia Support if mob is chilled
f. Void Manipulation Support

4. will NOT benefit from:
a. increase attack damage
1. Correct.

2. Yes: a, b, c, d, e
No: f, g - DoT cannot Crit.
Additionally, DoT is not an Attack, and thus cannot benefit from modifiers 'With Bow'.

3. Yes: Void Manipulation, and Quality on Added Chaos also works.

No: Point Blank only applies to Attacks.
Chin Sol only applies to Bow Damage, and as per 2.f/g, DoT is not damage dealt with a Weapon.
Point Blank is Point Blank.
Flat damage does not add onto DoT
Damage over Time cannot perform state-checks, such as 'enemy is Chilled' for Hypothermia.

4. Correct.
thanks for the quick reply again, Vipermagi!
I have question about zerphi's last breath.
This flask gain 800% of manacost with life.
Is this affect by flask effect node?
Does "Beacon Of Ruin" of Elementalist work with spell totems?
Hello, i have legacy Vessel of Vinktar in standard league. I want to reroll added spell damage roll with divine orb. Doing that will remove legacy variants ? I've checked wiki page and didn't catch any divine orb tag there. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vessel_of_Vinktar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info