Telperion_sr wrote:
"
Petusillos wrote:
Hi Mark.

I got 2 questions:

1)
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Elemental equilibrium does not trigger on hits dealing all three elements of damage.

This is from a post on June 11, 2012. Is that still working in that way?

2) Let's assume the following scenario: I have the Elemental Equilibrium node taken. An enemy is burning after I ignited it using flameblast, and 1 second after that (the mob is still burning), the same enemy is hit by orb of storms (only lightning damage), If I'm correct, the mob will gain +25 to lightning resistance, and -50 to Fire and Cold. Does the lowering in fire resistance while still burning makes the mobs take increased damage from the burning damage????

Thanks in advance for your efforts answering intrincated question that help us to better understand the game.

1. Yes. EE still works that way.
2. The enemy will take more burning damage since having a lower resistance will modify incoming damage.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
EE does apply when you deal Fire, Cold and Lightning Damage - the enemy will get +25% to all Resists.

I found both answer contradictory.

"
Chris wrote:

Passive Skill Balance:
  • The Elemental Equilibrium keystone passive skill now grants a flat amount (+25%) of resistance to each element you hit with and a resistance penalty (-50%) to each element not present in the hit.

The note above is part of Patch Notes 0.10.0 released on January 22, 2013.

So, before January 22, 2013, EE was not triggered by hit dealing damage with all three elements. After patch 0.10.0 on January 22, 2013, EE raises +25% all three fire, cold and lightning resistances when a hit deals damage with fire, cold and lightning at once.

I would like to know if this last statement is 100% true as per today, in release 2.4.1c.

Thanks in advance.
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
Yeah they are contradictory - I was correcting Telperion's answer, after all. :P
The current implementation of EE works with three simple if/then checks, one per Element:
If Fire damage dealt, then +25% Fire res, else -50% Fire res
They don't have any interaction with eachother, meaning all three can trigger +25% Resists.

In other words: EE has not changed since that patch.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Yeah they are contradictory - I was correcting Telperion's answer, after all. :P
The current implementation of EE works with three simple if/then checks, one per Element:
If Fire damage dealt, then +25% Fire res, else -50% Fire res
They don't have any interaction with eachother, meaning all three can trigger +25% Resists.

In other words: EE has not changed since that patch.

Thanks. That's a big advance.

Now I want to know when the +25% or -50% is applied.

If I deal damage to a mob with a hit using only fire as element (EE node taken):

1) Mob's fire resistance raises +25%, and after that calculations of damage taken are made and the damage is applied.

2) The mob receives the damage, and after that its fire resistance raises +25%.

I apologize if there are typos, and for my insistence.
Problemas Conocidos / Preguntas Frecuentes - ¡Por favor lee antes de publicar!

Cómo publicar una imagen

Guía de soporte técnico

MTR y el Manual de Problemas de Conectividad

"Una pulga no puede picar a una locomotora, pero puede llenar de ronchas al maquinista." (Libertad)

IGN: @Copied_to_clipboard
The monster needs to take damage before EE knows what has happened to said enemy; it has to come after the monster takes damage :)
Similarly, hitting an Immune monster and having Ancestral Bond both will set your Damage to zero, thus preventing EE from triggering in the first place.
Asked this before but nobody answered, wiki doesn't say if he is or isn't. Is shaper stun immune?
I have a question:
Is the interaction between Endless Hunger and Bane of Legends working as intended for the Duelist-Slayer?
Cause it seems like a waste - since overkill works only after you do 100% of the monster's life as damage and the culling strike only checks the % after the damage is done...
As it is now, I think Endless Hunger needs a rework...
"
Mobsy wrote:
Is the interaction between Endless Hunger and Bane of Legends working as intended for the Duelist-Slayer?
[..]since overkill works only after you do 100% of the monster's life as damage[..]

- It's worth noting, Culling Strike checks after Damage is dealt, but doesn't innately prevent Overkill from functioning. You only lose out on Leech if you hit an enemy to above zero but below 20%.
- Overkill is relative to current Life, not total Life.

Monster has 100 total Life, 25 current.
Hitting the monster for 10 Damage triggers uberCull, no Overkill damage is dealt.
Hit the monster for 80 Damage, it's quite dead (probably triggers uberCull), 55 Overkill damage dealt. Leech gained.

And, as always: you don't have to take both; this interaction should (imo) never be grounds for a reworking of Endless Hunger.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 13, 2016, 9:38:17 AM
I've been pretty interested in the interaction of Malediction's damage boost with DoT effects.
I've looked around and didn't seem to be able to find a mechanic clarification from Mark about this interaction, so figured i'd try here.

Malediction reads "When you Kill an Enemy, for each Curse on that Enemy, gain 4% of Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage for 4 seconds".

Which for fire purposes can be translated to "Gain 4% of Fire Damage as extra Chaos Damage per Curse an enemy you killed Recently had".

Does Malediction's damage boost apply to DoT effects as well since it doesn't mention that it's an on-hit effect? So for example, would this damage boost soon apply to Scorching Ray or does it already work with Righteous Fire? I'd imagine it doesn't but can't really tell for sure.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/810943 -- My shop
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1698220 -- Undead Settlement (showcased!)
----- WTB Garena SE Asia alt art Alpha's. -----

IGN: Raiden_no_ossan
Last edited by xRaiden on Nov 13, 2016, 11:39:26 AM
"Gain as" mechanics currently function like conversion mechanics, which means they cannot apply to damage over time. It is unclear if this will change in the future.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
do all aspects of a used skill e.g. crit chance get calculated at cast and stop updating to any buffs you may recieve while the skill is still able to do damage? I would assume charges and monsters would use the same rules as any other buffs, and players respectively? the reason I ask the second question is because the question is for a spectre build hopefully utilizing power charges that would constantly drop from necro aegis malachai's and blade vortex spectres.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info