Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Beary wrote:
do all aspects of a used skill e.g. crit chance get calculated at cast and stop updating to any buffs you may recieve while the skill is still able to do damage?

Nope. It all updates retroactively - including Crit Chance.

Crit is a single diceroll per Skill activation, and this result is checked against the Crit threshold for each Hit individually. If you lose all your Power Charges after the first Hit, your Crit roll stays the same, but your Crit threshold increases (need a higher result on the die to score a Crit).

Blade Vortex rolls Crit for each individual Hit anyways because it's a ~snowflake~.
sry my english, im using Google translator
if my gloves have 30% increased damage over time by essence and im using poison gem on any skill without dot damage (cleave\rain of arrow\etc), is 30% dot will work on support poison gem? or its work only on active gems which based on dot damage?
Question about interaction of Skyforth and Valyrium when they equipped at once. What stun threshold base would be used? Do they stack?
Hello,

can someone me out. Watch out for my char "WP_Supporter".

My char "WP_Supporter" got 5 % to max. resistance (e.g. fire) + 60% "increased effect of non-curse auras you cast" from skill tree and jewel "Conquerer's potency".

Why I just get 7% max res. instead of 8%?

The bug thread could not help me out and the POE support refered to this thread. I hope there is somehone who can answer this question.

Regards
Hello i just dropped a fishing rod and i found a hole in the map that i allegedly could fish?I dont know but i got the quest from that guy but i couldnt fish! what is that

Can these items with legacy implicit rolls still be scour/chanced into uniques? I've always assumed so, but I've had a few people say otherwise (albeit without much explanation of why they think that) and as time goes on and more chances are consumed, I begin to doubt more and more.
Aura Reservation Calculator: https://poe.mikelat.com/
Chromatic Calculator: http://siveran.github.io/calc.html
Tired of using GGG's crappy skill planner? Tell them here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1555283
Ok, so I'm wondering how damage conversion applies conserning "Increased Elemental Damage" and "Increased Spell Damage"

So, imagine you're wearing Pyre, so 100% cold damage is converted to fire. Now, you're using Cold Snap and it does 100 damage exactly. You also have 10% increased cold, 10% increaded fire, 10 % increased spell and 10% increased elemental damage. Somehow.

So, how I see it:

100 cold damage becomes:
100 * (100"base"+10"cold"+10"spell"+10"elemental") = 130 cold damage

Then it is converted to fire:
130 fire damage, which, in turn, goes as follows
130 * (100"base" + 10"fire" + 10"spell" + 10"elemental") = 169 fire damage

Is it right? Or, to be more precise, does elemental and spell damage applies at every stage of conversion, or only to the result, and it will be more like

100 cold -> 110 cold -> 110 fire -> 121 fire -> 133.1 fire "elemental" -> 146.41 fire "spell"
Hi there exiles. Sorry for my bad russian. Hope that you will understand me well :D

I have a question about Elemental Confluxes (shaper of desolation from witch ascendancy keynode)

How it works with elemental equilibrium? Does it provides only elemental status every 4-4-4-2 seconds and doesnt change the source damage type? So can i use it free together or how it goes right?

pls explain, thx
Last edited by R.0.M.K.A on Nov 16, 2016, 9:30:36 AM
"
Ok, so I'm wondering how damage conversion applies conserning "Increased Elemental Damage" and "Increased Spell Damage"
[..]
Is it right? Or, to be more precise, does elemental and spell damage applies at every stage of conversion, or only to the result, and it will be more like[..]

Conversion occurs before all damage multipliers.
Converted Damage benefits from modifiers to the source-type.

100 Cold -> 100 Fire
100 * (1 + (10/100) + (10/100) + (10/100) + (10/100)) = 100 * 1.4 = 140 Fire Damage
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Beary wrote:
do all aspects of a used skill e.g. crit chance get calculated at cast and stop updating to any buffs you may recieve while the skill is still able to do damage?

Nope. It all updates retroactively - including Crit Chance.

Crit is a single diceroll per Skill activation, and this result is checked against the Crit threshold for each Hit individually. If you lose all your Power Charges after the first Hit, your Crit roll stays the same, but your Crit threshold increases (need a higher result on the die to score a Crit).

Blade Vortex rolls Crit for each individual Hit anyways because it's a ~snowflake~.

so I may be a bit slow but does that mean that for abilities that aren't bv abilities that were cast before gaining charges will not recieve the benefit of those charges for hits?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info