Mechanical Questions Thread

1)Looking for Beacon of Ruin description.
Will we chill for 10% if we hit for less then 1% effect?(if chill chance is 100%) Or will effect be discarded?

2)With and Without Beacon:
Will we chill, with Dyadus, if damage is too low to chill? (using offhand)
Last edited by Uoykai on Apr 30, 2018, 8:43:07 AM
"
Uoykai wrote:
1)Looking for Beacon of Ruin description.
Will we chill for 10% if we hit for less then 1% effect?(if chill chance is 100%) Or will effect be discarded?

Yes. You should deal at least 1 Damage that Can Chill (usually Cold).

"
2)With and Without Beacon:
Will we chill, with Dyadus, if damage is too low to chill? (using offhand)

You should deal at least 1 Damage that Can Chill (usually Cold). (sorry, I couldn't find a source for this one).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
How does the explosion from infernal blow interact with the explosion from Panquetzaliztli? Would they stack or would only one proc?
Last edited by loldan on Apr 30, 2018, 2:41:17 PM
"
loldan wrote:
How does the explosion from infernal blow interact with the explosion from Panquetzaliztli? Would they stack or would only one proc?

They cant be stacked, as reddit discussion tells.
But this question is still not answered by GGG
Last edited by Uoykai on May 1, 2018, 6:36:54 AM
Hi there,

I have a few small gameplay questions i would like a definite answer to. I was wondering

1) if the

"20% increased damage with hits and ailments per freeze, shock and ignite on enemy"

mod on the unique ring "the taming" applies to the damage of explosive arrow's secondary damage from the explosion.

1b) skill tree nodes that say "increased elemental damage with attack skills" seem to work with explosive arrow's secondary damage. But i'm not so sure about the "increased elemental damage with attack skills on "the taming". I'm assuming it would, but can you confirm ? If not, then why the difference in behaviour ?

1c) When i use an abyssal jewel with "Adds # to # cold damage to attacks", i can see in Path of Building that the cold damage gets added to my explosive arrow's secondary explosion damage. I know POB is not an officially supported tool, but that does not seem right to me. Can you confirm that the cold damage would indeed not be added to the explosion damage ? IF it would however, how would this interact with Elemental Equilibrium if, at the time of the explosion, it would already be up, effectively lowering the mob's resistance to fire because lightning and cold damage had already been applied right before by a support skill ?

2) if ignite, freeze and shock ailments can each be applied multiple times and if so, do the multiple identical ailments stack their effect ? For example, if i can apply 3 ignites, does their damage stack or if i can apply 3 freezes, do their effects stack ? And the same for shock.

3) If there is a maximum number of ailments that can be applied to an enemy ? And if so, is that maximum a shared number between the different ailment types or a per-ailment maximum ?

4) if, when i get for example a "10% chance to freeze, shock and ignite" on a jewel or from a node in the skill tree, i know i do not have to deal a critical strike to have a chance to apply those ailments, but, do i actually ALWAYS have a chance to freeze, shock and ignite EVEN if i never deal any damage from that ailment's associated damage type ? For example, if i only deal fire damage with my attacks, but i have 10% chance to apply the three ailments, will that only give me the 10% chance to ignite ? Or will i also have 10% to freeze and 10% to shock no matter what ?

5) and lastly, related to nr 4, are those chances to apply an ailment applied to all forms of damage ? For example, to return to explosive arrow again, do i get the 10% chance applied to the arrow damage first and then again, a second time, when the explosion occurs ?

Thank you for clearing these things up for me
[img]http://s15.postimage.org/ppi19icy3/piggy.gif[/img]
Last edited by keppie on May 3, 2018, 6:20:46 AM
if I hit an enemy with multiple damage types able to inflict the same ailment, is the ailment based off the highest damage or the combined damage? example being a fire skill with added cold/lightning damage while wearing yoke of suffering.
Hi,

what does count as "prevention" for Juggernauts Unbreakable passive? If I use Scolds Bridle and prevent the damage from it (armour?) will I regenerate life?

Ty
Is there a chance of a critical strike from a weapon on Cyclone and Frenzy?
Hello,

Cast when damage taken reads as follows: "support skill gems requiring level XX or lower"

When you wear equipment with the "+X skill gem" modifier the level requirement doesn't change on the gem but cast when damage taken no longer supports the gems affected by the modifier unless you level it to meet the requirements of the "boosted" skill gem level.

Is this an intentional mechanic? I read the descriptions while theory crafting and eventually putting together a few items and to my disdain I figured this out.
Hello

The description on the Writhing Jar states "2 Enemy Writhing Worms escape the Flask when used".

If they are enemies, why don't they attack me? Even when I taunt them with a warcry they still don't attack.

Is this a bug or intended?

Thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info