Skill Revamps - Part 2

Just based on this post, (I haven't played traps before) is Ice Trap already in a good space or is there a reason Ice Trap isn't receiving the same treatment, GGG/Bex anyone with ideas?
#NeverGoing90
I hope all of this translates into some buffs for traps cause i was interesting in trying some builds.
"
raisin2u wrote:
Waiting to use these already.

Sadly, folks want to go fast and blow up three screens. There will be no pleasing those guys.

Worse than that, in trying to please them GGG will continue to make slower more relaxed playstyles more punished. Punish the 99% so the loudest common denominator 1% will cry less on reddit.

Seems like a trap to me.

When lower clearing builds couldn't do breaches did GGG change breach to pander to them? No

So then why does CuteDog get to bypass league mechanics by using Necromancy nets?

The answer is the average slower players aren't angry posting on reddit and being upvoted by 1000 other angry clear speeders. Imagine how angry reddit will be if any future leagues reward slower players without pandering to skill-less clear speeders who can't press more than their shield charge button? Breach 4 followed by Breach 5, followed by Breach 6 the revenge of Breach.

The truth is if those non gamers can't line it up and knock it down at full movement skill speed with 1 button it's always going to be a failed league in their eyes.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_

wrong thread.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Apr 3, 2018, 5:36:19 AM
Hurray! trap buffs at last I might be able to actually play one on HC.

Please don't forget GGG that trappers are disgustingly point intensive at the moment, probably need some better node efficiency for some of them.

I really enjoy the trap playstyle but some of them just don't work currently, these changes sound very promising.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Apr 3, 2018, 5:38:05 AM
"
Ozzindo wrote:
"
raisin2u wrote:
Waiting to use these already.

Sadly, folks want to go fast and blow up three screens. There will be no pleasing those guys.

Says the guy who hasn't made it to maps this league.

Did you know that there is a thing called permanent league? People do skip leagues or stop playing when they do not like them. Not playing a league too much has nothing to do with the tryhardness of clear speed meta people who are never pleased if they can't instagib everything. Those people who wanted to offscreen entire maps actually deserved reflect (even though I understand why it's a lazy and bad mechanic).

I played perma for most leagues because starting again every three months simply takes up too much time, while playing in standard offers me reworked and tested content from all the past leagues included in a way that suits the game (mostly).
It's good that traps are being worked on. Currently they are shit, especially compared to mines.

"
PetePete1984 wrote:
Fingers crossed that Ice Trap will also be good again, that was so much fun back in the day. Especially the Ice > Fire > Chaos conversion variant..

Yeah that was fun. Killed uber for the first time with that.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
About trap rework the bigges problem is the playstyle, make them throwable While moving, another support to throw backwards or drop them on the go.
No Problem,
Exile
I like that they're updating old skills but can't say the same about some of these trap reworks. Being able to freely spam traps just makes them more similar to everything else and is probably a sign that a dose of deliberation in your PoE gameplay is just way too last century to fly these days.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Reduce Trap Support's cooldown severely and I might play a trapper again. The fun part about trappers isn't using the pre-cooked skills, it's turning any spell or ranged attack in the game into a trap and seeing what combinations you can come up with. Currently with 4 seconds of cooldown it's just not viable to do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info