Skill Revamps - Part 2

i'd like to see the uber elder/shaper video. killed by a trapper
trapper build of the week...
Hold on, this looks like we could actualy use traps ?
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Reduce Trap Support's cooldown severely and I might play a trapper again. The fun part about trappers isn't using the pre-cooked skills, it's turning any spell or ranged attack in the game into a trap and seeing what combinations you can come up with. Currently with 4 seconds of cooldown it's just not viable to do.

Absolutely.
Invested in all the cooldown recovery there is PLUS the cooldown recovery support and i still hear the dreaded "i'm not ready for this yet" message from time to time.
Hey,
i doubt anyone from the dev team reads this but here we go:

The reason trap skills feel bad is not because of the damage its because of their AOE. Ever since the AOE rework other skills simply outperform them. Thats why in the closed Beta the threshold jewel for Fire Trap felt so good, because it gave you basically a "free" multitrap with much bigger AOE.
I cant believe that you guys still havnt released that Threshhold jewel for Fire Trap as is, whats the reasoning behind holding it back?
you had the pokemon league now keep going with traps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lightning Trap HYPE !
awesome!
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
It's worth noting that we're also planning to increase the active trap limit significantly but this is still undergoing testing to assess the risk of doing so.

Give us more traps and we'll have fun.... erm, I mean do the risk assessment for u! :o)
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
raisin2u wrote:
Waiting to use these already.

Sadly, folks want to go fast and blow up three screens. There will be no pleasing those guys.

Worse than that, in trying to please them GGG will continue to make slower more relaxed playstyles more punished. Punish the 99% so the loudest common denominator 1% will cry less on reddit.

Seems like a trap to me.

When lower clearing builds couldn't do breaches did GGG change breach to pander to them? No

So then why does CuteDog get to bypass league mechanics by using Necromancy nets?

The answer is the average slower players aren't angry posting on reddit and being upvoted by 1000 other angry clear speeders. Imagine how angry reddit will be if any future leagues reward slower players without pandering to skill-less clear speeders who can't press more than their shield charge button? Breach 4 followed by Breach 5, followed by Breach 6 the revenge of Breach.

The truth is if those non gamers can't line it up and knock it down at full movement skill speed with 1 button it's always going to be a failed league in their eyes.

At the risk of being tangential (that said, yay traps!!! I haven't been able to enjoy it since Bladefall come out XD ), this point is so valid.

This seemed like the first league which *didn't* encourage grift-style play - yes I went there. Being able to enjoy nuance and really concentrate on the game is what makes it more than a straight click-fest.

The negative feedback about this league was obfuscated from not just the above, but also the lack of incremental progress and it's important not to mix these two factors up.

GGG have plenty of time to refine their concepts though, and developments like this are very encouraging.

Last edited by passioncousland on Apr 3, 2018, 7:13:45 AM
"
B3RTY wrote:
i'd like to see the uber elder/shaper video. killed by a trapper
trapper build of the week...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXM11X_V2l4
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info